HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Lhamaean and transports

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
krayd
Wych
krayd

Posts : 764
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean and transports   Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2019, 18:43

Well, fluffwise, archons often ride with squads of incubi as bodyguards, but they're still elites.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fulfill a battlefield role because of their special rule'. There is no 'elite unit' special rule. They're noted as elites due to the icon in the top corner of the datasheet. If a mission gives additional VP for killing an elite unit, and your opponent kills your lhamean, then they get that VP.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Posts : 3507
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean and transports   Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2019, 21:16

@krayd wrote:
Well, fluffwise, archons often ride with squads of incubi as bodyguards, but they're still elites.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fulfill a battlefield role because of their special rule'. There is no 'elite unit' special rule. They're noted as elites due to the icon in the top corner of the datasheet. If a mission gives additional VP for killing an elite unit, and your opponent kills your lhamean, then they get that VP.

Yep, they still have a battle field role (AKA the symbol), they just dont count for taking up a slot, they are still part of the detachment, they are still a unit, they still have a battle field role.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Posts : 547
Join date : 2013-11-26

Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean and transports   Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2019, 05:08

@Silverglade wrote:
All this said, have you really ever run into a scenario when you run out of slots in which to get venoms?

The fact that each of my ravagers means I can take one, as well as my HQ's means that if I just take a bare bones, 3 kabalite warrior squads, 3 ravagers and 2 archons, I can take 8 venoms.    I would think you'd run out of points before you'd run out of slots

Not necessarily; it can come up.

For instance, say you run a Black Heart Spearhead and want more than 4 Black Heart Venoms to accompany other units - Wyches or Obsidian Rose Kabalites in other detachment(s) - bring in a few Lhameans, and now you can bring in more Venoms.

The person who won AU masters recently brought a Black Heart detachment in his list with 2 Archons, 3x5 Kabalites, 3 Ravagers, and even then still opted for a pair of Lhameans to unlock more Venoms - 10 in total from that detachment alone - to ferry his Cursed Blade Wyches about.

The trade off must be valuable for someone to win with it at a high level.

_________________
A Song Of Vice And Liars: Cynic's Sect Kabal

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

Posts : 898
Join date : 2017-09-12

Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean and transports   Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2019, 05:18

@hydranixx wrote:
The trade off must be valuable for someone to win with it at a high level.

Well, you're paying 30 points to increase the survivability of all your Venoms by a sixth and make it considerably less likely that they can be one-shot by D6 damage weaponry, as well as making it less likely that your Archons die in a transport-related accident.

That's barely even a trade off.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Posts : 547
Join date : 2013-11-26

Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean and transports   Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2019, 05:40

@Burnage wrote:
@hydranixx wrote:
The trade off must be valuable for someone to win with it at a high level.

Well, you're paying 30 points to increase the survivability of all your Venoms by a sixth and make it considerably less likely that they can be one-shot by D6 damage weaponry, as well as making it less likely that your Archons die in a transport-related accident.

That's barely even a trade off.

I'm pleased you agree.

_________________
A Song Of Vice And Liars: Cynic's Sect Kabal

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean and transports   Lhamaean and transports - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Lhamaean and transports
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: