HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

new 2xkabal coven list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vordras
Slave
Vordras

new 2xkabal coven list  Empty
PostSubject: new 2xkabal coven list    new 2xkabal coven list  I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2019, 07:47

My List
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battalion Obsidian Rose
HQ:
2 x archons Blaster and venom blade

Troops:
Kabalite 3 x 5   1 x Blaster each

Transport:
3 x venom duel Splinter connons
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrol the black heart
HQ:
Archon splinter pistol and venom blade //( warlord )//Labrynthine Cunning) [Writ of the Muse]

Troops
1 x 5 kabatelite stock

Heavy:
2 x ravager 3 x  Dis cannons

Flyer:
Razorwing jetfighter: 2 dis cannons twin splinter rilfe
--------------------------------------
Patrol prophets of flash
HQ:
Haemonculus   Wexator mask, and diabolic slayer warlord trait
Hello Archons
made a new list
any input would be cool

Troops:
1 x 10 wracks 2 x ossifactors

Heavy:
3 x Talos
1 x  2 x marco-scalpel Haywaire blaster
2 x  1 x marco-scalpel Chainflails  Haywaire blaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1500 points
8 cp + 1d3 ( 5 +3 +1d3)

Prizes from the Dark City (1 Relic) [-1CP]
Alliance of Agony    [-1CP]

Archons Reagrds

Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: new 2xkabal coven list    new 2xkabal coven list  I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 06:25

Patrol Detachments are weak, so either make it a Spearhead Detachment with your third Ravager, or just run a single Black Heart Battalion instead, and cut Obsidian rose entirely.

If it were me, I'd probably do both.

If you really, really want to have both Obsidian Rose and Black Heart in one list, consider that Obsidian Rose is nice for infantry but not really that helpful for vehicles - certainly not as helpful as a 6+++ is. So even then, put the Venoms into the Black Heart detachment.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Vordras
Slave
Vordras

PostSubject: Re: new 2xkabal coven list    new 2xkabal coven list  I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 08:47

Hi and thanks for response

Why I was thinking to run Obsidian Rose is for the extended Range on splinter cannons on venoms range 21” rapid fire
( i know that kabalite warrior splinter rifle 4 x cant shoot rapid at that .. but range 15”) Sad
but blaster 1 x kabalite can and blasters and the archons´s blasters. Range 24”

The fnp on venoms is strong but is it Game changing ?

Some time when we play in local tournaments we use rule of 2
but when I play friendly game a 3rd Ravager would be cool and I want that …
iv look into how I can update the list

Any input and upgrade are more then welcome thanks in advance.

Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: new 2xkabal coven list    new 2xkabal coven list  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 05:32

Rule of 2? Interesting for tournaments... Rule of 3 is fine, but I think Dark Eldar really struggle with rule of 2. That's very interesting...

List-wise, yes, I think the 6+++ on Venoms is excellent and game changing. I rate it better than Flayed Skull Venoms most of the time, even though FS Venoms are extremely good. In Melee, for instance, two hits with a Thunder Hammer kills a Obsidian Rose or Flayed Skull venom - but not a Black Heart Venom, on average. Or surviving 3 unsaved autocannon wounds, rather than dying. Little advantages like this add up over time to give you more. Taking 6 wounds and rolling a single 6 really drives opponents insane - and it often keeps the Venoms alive for a disproportionate amount of time.

I would suggest building towards a Coven Battalion by adding a 2nd Haemonculus - or Rakarth - and another 5 Wracks in and splitting your 10-Wrack unit into two units. I don't know how I feel about Ossefactors on the Wracks, but I don't think they're bad.

Going double Battalion would be better than going one Battalion and two Patrols, hands down

The rest of your list in terms of units and upgrades is good! Smile

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Axmar
Slave
Axmar

PostSubject: Re: new 2xkabal coven list    new 2xkabal coven list  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2019, 23:51

Ossefactors on the Wracks : If you have a plan with them, fine. Else, you're spending points for something which will have low to null impact in game.
Take a hexrifle for 5pts, and then fire and fade to get the objectives !

Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: new 2xkabal coven list    new 2xkabal coven list  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2019, 04:19

One new thing to look at is going double Kabal Battalions via Yvraine.

Here's a list I'm tinkering with at the moment:

Black Heart Battalion:
Standard Aurachon, Yvraine, 5 Venoms, 3 Ravagers, 1 Lhamean, 3x5 Kabalites on foot to hold objectives.

Obsidian Rose Battalion:
2x Archon with Blaster and Huskblade, 4x5 Kabalites with 1 Blasters.

Prophets of Flesh Spearhead:
Haemonculus with Vexator Mask, 3 standard Talos

Mount up all the Obsidian Rose units into Black Heart Venoms, with the Lhamean with the 2 Archons in case it dies and you a roll a 1, and leave the Black Heart Kabalites on foot to hold back field objectives etc.

Back to top Go down
Axmar
Slave
Axmar

PostSubject: Re: new 2xkabal coven list    new 2xkabal coven list  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2019, 13:11

Ok, good idea, but how are you going to use Yvraine's powers ? Looks like there are no reborns to benefit from the buffs

Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: new 2xkabal coven list    new 2xkabal coven list  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2019, 01:53

@Axmar wrote:
Ok, good idea, but how are you going to use Yvraine's powers ? Looks like there are no reborns to benefit from the buffs

Doesn't matter, she can produce Mortal Wounds and Deny spells which is something that the rest of the army just can't do - and her weapon is identical to a Huskblade, so she can mix it up in close combat just fine.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new 2xkabal coven list    new 2xkabal coven list  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new 2xkabal coven list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: