HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Need help from experienced tournament player..:)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
weunty
Slave
weunty

Need help from experienced tournament player..:) Empty
PostSubject: Need help from experienced tournament player..:)   Need help from experienced tournament player..:) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2019, 17:44

Greeting fellow dark city denizen...

I'm not really a warhammer player... i am more a showcase painter... but i'm interested in playing in the WH40k doubles tournament at adepticon 2020 (so 2x 1000pts army) ... I don't know much about the rules played 4 games in adepticon 2018 that's about it... but I intend to practice a bit this year... So my problem is that I don't know what good to play or not... so I would like to start painting stuff that I will play as soon as possible... But I need a list! I don't want to be an a$$ and play an unpleasant army but I would like to have a chance to win in all match...

I am willing to buy anything I need if needed...

So up to now here is what i have in my possession

Painted

2 archons
15 kabalites warriors
1 venom
9 wyches
6 reavers jetbikes

not painted:

20 wyches
5 kabalite warrior
6 reavers jetbikes
3 ravagers
1 raider
2 razorwing jetfighter
1 tantalus (really would like to play it)
1 succubus
lelith hesperax

tx a lot for your help... willing to give some painting advice/tips in exchange if needed!Smile
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Need help from experienced tournament player..:)   Need help from experienced tournament player..:) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2019, 18:08

The first important thing we need to know to give you good advices is what army will your partner play. It will define what you'll bring.
Back to top Go down
weunty
Slave
weunty

PostSubject: Re: Need help from experienced tournament player..:)   Need help from experienced tournament player..:) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2019, 18:18

Both 1000 pts will be drukhari... use all the synergy you want!Smile

tx for your future help!Smile
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Need help from experienced tournament player..:)   Need help from experienced tournament player..:) I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2019, 02:45

You have a lot of options available to you, but 1000 pts is very restrictive. Generally speaking a Tantalus is a pretty weak choice, but since you've highlighted that you'd like to play, I put it into some lists for you:

To start with, here's a balanced Tantalus-lacking approach:

Black Heart Battalion:

72 - Archon with Write of the Living Muse, Warlord, Labyrinthine Cunning and Venom Blade.
96 - Archon with Huskblade, Blaster and Phantasm Grenade Launcher (consider using the extra relic Stratagem to give him or her the Djinn blade relic)

47 - 5 Kabalite Warriors with 1 Blaster
30 - 5 Kabalite Warriors

65 - Venom
83 - Raider with Disintegrator Cannon, Shock Prow and Chain Snares

126 - Ravager with 3x Disintegrator Cannon and Shock Prow

135 - Razorwing with Disintegrator Cannons

----------

Alternatively, there is the 'Battalion in one Boat' option. The idea is to cram an Archon and your Blaster squads into the Tantalus and deep strike or fly it up the board while the Warlord Archon move up to stays in 6" range of it with the Ravagers next to him too. It's very much a 'all your eggs in one basket' type of list:

82 - Archon with Write of the Living Muse, Warlord, Labyrinthine Cunning, Blast Pistol and Venom Blade.
96 - Archon with Huskblade, Blaster and Phantasm Grenade Launcher (consider using the extra relic Stratagem to give him or her the Djinn blade relic)

30 - 5 Kabalite Warriors

400 - Tantalus
125 - Ravager with 3x Disintegrator Cannons
125 - Ravager with 3x Disintegrator Cannons

----------

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
weunty
Slave
weunty

PostSubject: Re: Need help from experienced tournament player..:)   Need help from experienced tournament player..:) I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2019, 02:58

Tx a lot for your input.. i will try to around that..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help from experienced tournament player..:)   Need help from experienced tournament player..:) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help from experienced tournament player..:)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: