Blasters on reavers

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sekac
Kabalite Warrior
sekac

Blasters on reavers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blasters on reavers   Blasters on reavers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2019, 23:58

@Gherma wrote:
As many other recon is really the easy peasy one for me. As many have pointed out, if your game ends up lasting just three turns, it’s unlikely to maximise any other secondary.

While that's true, I'd like to point out that "unlikely to accomplish" and "impossible to accomplish" are very far apart.

It's good to hear fellow DE players having success with it, it's just not my style. There are just so many variables to it, and some of those are beyond my control, which I really don't like.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Blasters on reavers   Blasters on reavers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2019, 01:55

@Gherma wrote:
As many other recon is really the easy peasy one for me. As many have pointed out, if your game ends up lasting just three turns, it’s unlikely to maximise any other secondary.

@Lord Asvaldir, you are right, they never last more than two turns, but two turns of in your face blasters are quite invaluable to me. Often the game is decided in those two turns.

Ultimately is very personal I believe. Their effectiveness really depends on how you use the rest of your army.

That's fair, it's hardly like a blaster is going to be a waste given how effective they are. I tend to use reavers pretty aggressively though, so I tend not to see the pts spent on them as being worthwhile. I would add though that the decision changes a bit if you were playing say a pure cult list or a a list without any kabalite units, any blaster platform becomes a lot more valuable in that case.

Hellion
benmet

PostSubject: Re: Blasters on reavers   Blasters on reavers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2019, 02:48

I am pure cult.

But have 3 razor wings and three raiders with lance, 3 squads of scourges with haywire. Hoping that’ll be enough. Hoping to mortal wound heavy infantry enough to give me a chance in combat.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Hellion
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Blasters on reavers   Blasters on reavers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2019, 04:29

@benmet wrote:
I am pure cult.

But have 3 razor wings and three raiders with lance, 3 squads of scourges with haywire. Hoping that’ll be enough. Hoping to mortal wound heavy infantry enough to give me a chance in combat.

How are you getting mortal wounds on infantry?

Back to top Go down
benmet
Hellion
benmet

PostSubject: Re: Blasters on reavers   Blasters on reavers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2019, 06:42

Tons of reavers with grav, that flyby strat mainly.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Hellion
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Blasters on reavers   Blasters on reavers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2019, 22:34

Right.

When you said pure cult, I for some reason excluded reavers from that mental list and got confused.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blasters on reavers   Blasters on reavers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blasters on reavers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: