HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

1750 Pts. competetive Tournament

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

1750 Pts. competetive Tournament Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Pts. competetive Tournament   1750 Pts. competetive Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2019, 08:22

Dear Archons,

I'm having a 1750 Pt. tournament in 2 weeks and this time its a real competetive one. Therefore, I use some things I never do in normal games (like blasters on Archons). There is already some list showing the factions played and it's mostly imperium (SM and IG) + a few tau players. The missions are a combination of Eternal and Malstrom, which means mission objectives + tactical objectives. 2 of the 3 maps favor close combat a little bit. Also, one mission has night fight rule in the first turn.

My thoughts behind this list are quite simple. Get lots of anti tank weapons + good CC. Also dissies for space marines and also vehicles.
Lots of coven units to march across the field pushing back the enemy while raiders, ravagers and so on capture the objectives on my side.

I'm not 100% sure about the additional relic. Should I use helm of spite or obsidian Veil?
How I will use the transports will depend on the enemy and map. I can either put the archons + 5 warriors in a raider for some additional blasters (but loosing the re-roll 1 on hits) or deliver the wracks somewhere faster.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [54 PL, -2CP, 1029pts] ++

Alliance of Agony [-1CP]

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

Prizes from the Dark City (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 93pts]: Blaster, Huskblade, The Helm of Spite

Archon [4 PL, 93pts]: Blaster, Hatred Eternal, Huskblade, Warlord (Archon)

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 47pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 47pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 97pts]
. 7x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 135pts]: Twin splinter rifle
. 2 Disintegrator Cannons: 2x Disintegrator cannon

Voidraven [9 PL, 165pts]: Two void lances, Voidraven Missiles

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 80pts]: Disintegrator cannon

Raider [5 PL, 82pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Grisly Trophies

Venom [4 PL, 65pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [43 PL, 721pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Prophets of Flesh

+ HQ +

Haemonculus [5 PL, 76pts]: Electrocorrosive whip, Splinter Pistol, The Vexator Mask

Urien Rakarth [5 PL, 90pts]: Diabolical Soothsayer

+ Troops +

Wracks [3 PL, 51pts]
. Acothyst: Electrocorrosive whip
. 4x Wracks

Wracks [3 PL, 51pts]
. 4x Wracks

Wracks [3 PL, 51pts]
. 4x Wracks

+ Elites +

Grotesques [6 PL, 105pts]
. Grotesque with Monstrous Cleaver: Flesh Gauntlet

+ Heavy Support +

Talos [18 PL, 297pts]
. Talos: Macro-Scalpel, Macro-Scalpel
. . Two Haywire Blasters: 2x Haywire blaster

++ Total: [97 PL, -2CP, 1750pts] ++
Back to top Go down
sekac
Kabalite Warrior
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. competetive Tournament   1750 Pts. competetive Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2019, 01:55

Are you sure the tournament requires Prizes of the Dark City to be declared on your printed army list? If not, you choose IF to play it after you know your matchup. Helmet of spite if there are psychers, Djinn Blade if you want to go a-choppin', or Obsidian Vale if (when) your shadow field fails you.

What's your plan as far as transporting units? All coven on foot, all Kabal in transports? I only worry about minimum squads of wracks making it across the board. Finding points to upgrade that venom to a raider would give you a few more options. You could put all your troops in transports if necessary. You could even put the 3 grotesques and some HQs in a raider.

Finding points should be easy. Dropping the voidraven to either a 2nd razorwing or ravager would net you the points, easy.

I'd also suggest going with chainflails on the Talos. You've got enough high strength shooting that you don't need 1 additional high strength attack on each talos. What you don't have is the ability to deal with hordes in CC.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. competetive Tournament   1750 Pts. competetive Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2019, 06:17

@sekac wrote:
Are you sure the tournament requires Prizes of the Dark City to be declared on your printed army list? If not, you choose IF to play it after you know your matchup. Helmet of spite if there are psychers, Djinn Blade if you want to go a-choppin', or Obsidian Vale if (when) your shadow field fails you.

I had a look and it's stated that you choose your warlord trait at the beginning of every match. I guess the same is true for relics. This is nice as I have many options to go with depending on the enemy.

@sekac wrote:
What's your plan as far as transporting units? All coven on foot, all Kabal in transports? I only worry about minimum squads of wracks making it across the board. Finding points to upgrade that venom to a raider would give you a few more options. You could put all your troops in transports if necessary. You could even put the 3 grotesques and some HQs in a raider.

EDIT: And for the wracks I'm not very concerned. If they target the wracks it's probably the best that could happen to me. T5 4++ is too much for most anti-infantry weapons, and every shot on wracks is missing some more valuable target.

My plans are either:
10 warriors in raider, 5 warriors + 1 or 2 archons in raider, and 5 warriors in venom. Coven units on foot together with urien and haemi.

Or:
Grots with haemi and 2 archons in one raider and having the 5 warriors on foot and use this as a sort of Elite CC transport.

But this depends heavily on the enemy and battlefield. If possible I will try to go with the first one.

@sekac wrote:

Finding points should be easy. Dropping the voidraven to either a 2nd razorwing or ravager would net you the points, easy.

The voidraven always performed very good in my games and I would rather not drop it. I thought about dropping the ravager for mandrakes and some other upgrades, but then I only have 2 dissies.

@sekac wrote:

I'd also suggest going with chainflails on the Talos. You've got enough high strength shooting that you don't need 1 additional high strength attack on each talos. What you don't have is the ability to deal with hordes in CC.

Thx, nice idea. Will do so.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Kabalite Warrior
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. competetive Tournament   1750 Pts. competetive Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2019, 06:42

@Ragnos wrote:
@sekac wrote:

I had a look and it's stated that you choose your warlord trait at the beginning of every match. I guess the same is true for relics. This is nice as I have many options to go with depending on the enemy.

@sekac wrote:

My plans are either:
10 warriors in raider, 5 warriors + 1 or 2 archons in raider, and 5 warriors in venom. Coven units on foot together with urien and haemi.

Or:
Grots with haemi and 2 archons in one raider and having the 5 warriors on foot and use this as a sort of Elite CC transport.

But this depends heavily on the enemy and battlefield. If possible I will try to go with the first one.

@sekac wrote:

The voidraven always performed very good in my games and I would rather not drop it. I thought about dropping the ravager for mandrakes and some other upgrades, but then I only have 2 dissies.

@sekac wrote:

Thx, nice idea. Will do so.

RE: Voidraven. Keep what you like, absolutely. I loved the VR in 6th and 7th, but not blown away in 8th.

RE: replacing the Ravager. I LOVE mandrakes and will always advocate for them, with the exception of replacing a ravager. Ravagers are just too important. I'd sooner drop the grotesques for mandrakes and 3 more wracks. Or mandrakes and venom upgrade...

RE: Transports. I'd still recommend another raider over venom. I like venoms, but my first priority is always transport efficiency. 3 raiders gives you way more flexibility than 2 raiders and a venom. You lose poison, gain dissy.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. competetive Tournament   1750 Pts. competetive Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2019, 06:57

What would also work is:
Reducing the 10 warriors to 5. Dropping the Venom. Putting 2x5 Warriors in a raider and 5 warriors + HQs in a raider. Adding 5 mandrakes and making one squad of wracks to size 10 for the stratagem.

I loose 5 warriors and a raider but gain mandrakes and a squad of 10 instead 5 wracks. Sounds not bad to me. And loosing 1 blaser isn't going to hurt much as I still have enough anti tank weapons with me.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Kabalite Warrior
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. competetive Tournament   1750 Pts. competetive Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2019, 07:12

That's a very good swap, actually (you do mean you're losing a venom, right??). You never like to lose a blaster, but you're also paying for 4 other warriors, which aren't hugely important.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. competetive Tournament   1750 Pts. competetive Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2019, 07:14

Right, I guess that's how I will do it. Having 10 wracks is nice and mandrakes also give me some deepstrike units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. competetive Tournament   1750 Pts. competetive Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 Pts. competetive Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: