HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Hellion
Glass Battleaxe

2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2019, 22:21

Recently, I decided to tweak the Wych Cult list that I'm working on for a tournament in August - I've posted the basic list before, but have since had some practice with Wych Cults, and have found out what works and what doesn't.

So, here it is - Mark 3 of my Wych Cult list:

Battalion, Outrider and Air Wing Detachments (+7 CP) - 1998pts - 98 Power

Battalion - Wych Cult - Red Grief

HQ

- Succubus with Blood Glaive and Blast Pistol - 60pts
- Combat Drug: Grave Lotus (+1 Strength)

- Succubus with Archite Glaive and Splinter Pistol - 50pts
 - Combat Drug: Serpentin (+1 Weapon Skill)

Troops
- 10 Wyches (2 Razorflails; Shardnet and Impaler; Hekatrix has Agoniser, Splinter Pistol and PGL) - 100pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets; Shardnet and Impaler; Hekatrix has Agoniser, Blast Pistol and PGL) - 110pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets; Shardnet and Impaler; Hekatrix has Power Sword, Blast Pistol and PGL) - 110pts
 - All 3 squads have the Adrenalight Combat Drug (+1 Attack)

Dedicated Transport
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon, PGL, Grisly Trophies and Splinter Racks - 95pts
- Raider with Dark Lance, PGL, Grisly Trophies and Splinter Racks - 100pts
- Raider with Dark Lance, PGL, Grisly Trophies and Splinter Racks - 100pts

Outrider Detachment - Wych Cult - Red Grief

HQ

- Succubus with Shardnet and Impaler (Warlord: Hyper-Swift Reflexes) - 55pts
 - Combat Drug: Painbringer (+1 Toughness)

Fast Attack
- 20 Hellions (Helliarch has Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Stunclaw and Splinter Pistol) - 287pts
 - Combat Drug: Splintermind (+2 Leadership)

- 6 Reavers (2 Heat Lances; 2 Grav-Talons; Arena Champion has Agoniser) - 148pts
- 6 Reavers (2 Blasters; 2 Grav-Talons; Arena Champion has Power Sword) - 158pts
 - Both Reaver squads have the Hypex Combat Drug (+2 Move)

Elites
- 10 Mandrakes - 160pts

Air Wing Detachment - Kabal - Flayed Skull

Flyer

- Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrator Cannons and Splinter Cannon - 145pts
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon - 155pts
- Voidraven Bomber with Void Lances and Missiles - 165pts

Reasons behind some of the changes:
- I have recently discovered the effectiveness of Mandrakes. They are now a permanent addition to any of my Drukhari lists. It has effectively replaced the Reaper in my list - I felt that a unit that didn't benefit from Red Grief would be better than one that found little use for it.
- Following a few battles, I felt like the whole beasts section of units wasn't that effective - they had their moments, but in general they weren't that successful (at least, not for me)
- I've been tempted to bring the Hellions to full strength for a while, and had to lose the beasts/master to get the points I needed.
- While painting up the Wyches and Raider, I decided to do a quick bit of converting/kitbashing to give them WYSIWYG PGL's - at the very least, it's another weapon to shoot.
- With about 30 points left over, I gave the Raiders splinter racks - I know it's not as effective for Wyches, but I didn't really have anything else to spend it on.

As always, comments, critique and strategic tidbits are always welcome.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2019, 13:13

Ok.
I would not get caught up in the "red Grief is great" bandwagon. What does Red Grief get you? reroll charges (which you can do turn 2 anyway) and charge after advance. this is good for wyches on foot, or your big blob of hellions to do the fly over stratagem, which 9 times out of 10 will just put you in an unfavorable position.

If you go strife, you all get +1 attack. If you go Blade, you get +1 str AND only lose 1 guy to morale (which is huge for your hellions) Both of these are good ALL THE TIME, not just some of the time.

If you kept your list as is- I would make your battalion Strife and the Outrider grief. I would give blast pistols to the 2 succubi that do not have them and a hekatrix. there are your 30 points, and not wasted on splinter racks.

Glass Battleaxe
Hellion
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2019, 17:07

@Skulnbonz thanks for the response.

Thing is, I've always been using Red Grief, so I just really used to it - though I will give it a try with one of the other obsessions. Plus, I look at the obsessions as a whole, not just the unit trait itself, which is what helped me pick Red Grief - the stratagems, warlord trait and relic are taken into consideration, and while Strife has some interesting stuff, Cursed Blade, imo, doesn't: not enough to warrant the strength and morale benefits.

Regarding your comments in the last paragraph:
- while I get what you're going for with having multiple obsessions, the tournament I'm entering requires that, if I'm using two cults, that they be visually distinguishable. And having finally decided on a colour scheme I like, I'd rather not paint half my force a different colour - if I change the obsession for cults, I change it for ALL my cult units.
- the tournament also mentions that all models must be WYSIWYG, and the three models you mentioned don't have blast pistols on the model - I would prefer to keep it that way for a bit of diversity.
Back to top Go down
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2019, 17:24

The composition of your list generally looks good. You seem to have everything covered. I do agree with you that Red Grief has the better relic and warlord trait but Glass battleaxe is right about the other cults for damage output. The strife blood dancer succubus with typtrich whip is also pretty good at general slayage for 55 points. The one damage is a major suck though. The only thing I would question is not having room for at least some of your characters in raiders, I know they are pretty fast but it might cause you problems in a few games where you need the RR aura with the wyches
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. III
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: