HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Wyches... raider or portal?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Braden Campbell
Hellion
Braden Campbell

Wyches... raider or portal? Empty
PostSubject: Wyches... raider or portal?   Wyches... raider or portal? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30 2019, 23:36

Is it currently better (that is, would you find better success) with two 10-model wych units, each in a Raider.... or in a single 20-model unit deployed via Web Way portal?
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Wyches... raider or portal?   Wyches... raider or portal? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31 2019, 05:36

I would not recommend Wyches via portal as you're still going to want to rely on a vehicle(s) to soak up overwatch so you might as well save the command point and take them in raiders. But if you know you're going to have plenty of little vehicles where you're going to want your Wyches to be anyway, then it's fine, and I'd recommend taking the 20 as Cursed Blade. However, the other thing to consider is the 9" charge distance - even with re-rolls or a re-roll it's a little risky. I prefer the surety of raiders and venoms.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Wyches... raider or portal?   Wyches... raider or portal? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31 2019, 08:29

I agree with the above! 10 in a raider, 2 X 5 in venoms for me to fill out a battalion.

PostSubject: Re: Wyches... raider or portal?   Wyches... raider or portal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wyches... raider or portal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: