Ynnari Mini Codex!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 10:25

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 20190511
Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 20190512

I kitbashed mine from mostly kabalites, scourge backs, executioner heads and reaper launchers I recast myself from the finecast Made to Order autarch. The exarch (unpainted in second batch) has Greyfax shoulder plate, might give him a plume of hair aswell and decided to leave the half should blades on second batch aswell
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 10:58

Dark reapers are good, always 3+ to hit multi profiles, with fire and fade makes them amazing. I just dont like playing them.

Making DE versions would be really cool too.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 11:46

Yeah I've not used them yet, currently working on kit bashing a full aspect host using dark eldar and dark elf units but it's slow going and no idea what to do for scorpions
Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 20190112

Guardians

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 20190111

Warp spider (needs some talos bits for extra appendages

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 20190211

Khymerae weapon platform for the Guardians

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 20190113

Howling banshees, need to greenstuff them some armour plating and find suitable swords
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 12:18

@Gizamaluke Your conversions are looking really fantastic.

With Ynnari, I've been interested in adding some Eldar stuff but have wanted to avoid using their sculpts. You've given me some great ideas here. Smile

I don't know if this is any interest to you, but recently I had a go at making something in the style of an Eldar Weapons Platform:

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 N8r7myZl

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 8eWSXj5l

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 94QSjMsl

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 B1dHiRAl

(Not painted yet but you get the idea.)

@amishprn86 wrote:
Dark reapers are good, always 3+ to hit multi profiles, with fire and fade makes them amazing. I just dont like playing them.

I hope so. Part of the reason why I want to use Dark Reapers is because they're one of the few infantry units to bring heavy firepower. I'm trying to avoid bringing stuff like Wave Serpents, as they have a very iconic shape that I think will stand out from my DE units.

Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 13:01

That is very cool! I've got some spare hellions knocking round so I might do that as it's hard to put them.on the khymerae
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 14:39

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@Gizamaluke Your conversions are looking really fantastic.

With Ynnari, I've been interested in adding some Eldar stuff but have wanted to avoid using their sculpts. You've given me some great ideas here.  Smile

I don't know if this is any interest to you, but recently I had a go at making something in the style of an Eldar Weapons Platform:

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 N8r7myZl

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 8eWSXj5l

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 94QSjMsl

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 B1dHiRAl

(Not painted yet but you get the idea.)

@amishprn86 wrote:

I hope so. Part of the reason why I want to use Dark Reapers is because they're one of the few infantry units to bring heavy firepower. I'm trying to avoid bringing stuff like Wave Serpents, as they have a very iconic shape that I think will stand out from my DE units.

That looks good, and Dark Reapers are for sure good, but i would take more than 1 unit any more.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 23:00

@Gizamaluke wrote:
That is very cool! I've got some spare hellions knocking round so I might do that as it's hard to put them.on the khymerae

Thanks. I'm glad it was helpful. Smile

@Gizamaluke wrote:
Yeah I've not used them yet, currently working on kit bashing a full aspect host using dark eldar and dark elf units but it's slow going and no idea what to do for scorpions

Regarding Scorpions, what about Razorflails for their chainswords? Or the Wrack weapon that looks a bit like a chainsword (not sure if it has a name)?

Not sure how I'd represent their Mandiblasters though. I was wondering if something in the style of the old Incubi helmets would work. Otherwise, maybe something like this:

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 5218819145_a7e7314e3e_b
(Not my work.)

I know it's deviating more from the actual design but it does seem quite appropriate for models called 'Scorpions'. Wink

@amishprn86 wrote:

That looks good, and Dark Reapers are for sure good, but i would take more than 1 unit any more.

Thanks.

Regarding Dark Reapers, do you mean 1 full unit of 10 or 1 smaller unit?

amishprn86
Dracon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2019, 00:01

I would do 5-10, depending on how much points you want to sink into them and if you have HQ's to support, if you are guiding them, and using CP to fire and fade into cover then for sure make them bigger 7-10. If you are just allying in for support, then 5-7.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2019, 00:05

@amishprn86 wrote:
I would do 5-10, depending on how much points you want to sink into them and if you have HQ's to support, if you are guiding them, and using CP to fire and fade into cover then for sure make them bigger 7-10. If you are just allying in for support, then 5-7.

Well, I was thinking of using them in a Ynnari detachment. I know it's not as strong but I don't like using normal Eldar for flavour reasons.

So support will probably be limited to Word of the Phoenix and either Ancestor's Grace or an Autarch for rerolls.

krayd
Wych
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2019, 17:33

Ynarri Index FAQ is up.

Fire and Fade is 1CP.

That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Mini Codex!
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: