Ynnari Mini Codex!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2019, 20:27

I have to wonder if we are gonna start seeing more Aeldari/Druhkari/Ynnari/Harlequins stuff as Slaanesh gets it's turn in the spotlight or releases, that being said I understand that we will probably always take a back seat to chaos/imperium rivalry even though Slaanesh doesn't much care for the imperium and would rather devour all the Aeldari/Aelf souls and use it's forces in that pursuit but ... eh
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03 2019, 02:06

A while back I was hoping for an Ynnari vs Slaanesh box set, but considering Slaanesh just had Wrath and Rapture it's probably not that likely.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Kabalite Warrior
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03 2019, 06:04

@Burnage wrote:
A while back I was hoping for an Ynnari vs Slaanesh box set, but considering Slaanesh just had Wrath and Rapture it's probably not that likely.

maybe not a boxed set but what about a mini campaign?
As for Drukhari im almost certain that IF a mini campaign ever happens it will be vs thousand sons, Vigilus more or less confirmed they are at each other.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 14:24

Preview for next month's White Dwarf is up, confirming what Ynnari are getting;

Quote :
The hybrid Aeldari faction of the Ynnari are the subject of a fascinating Index Xenos article. It kicks off with a detailed background section that summarises the seismic events of Wake the Dead and the Fracture of Biel-Tan, and the rite of awakening that stirred Ynnead, the God of the Dead, into being.

Afterwards, you can check out the extensive bestiaries on Yvraine, the Visarch and the Yncarne – Ynnead’s emissary, sword and avatar respectively. Of course, no Index would be complete without shiny new rules, so you’ll also be treated to new datasheets for the three aforementioned characters and 17 powerful Stratagems, as well as 6 each of the following: Warlord Traits, Relics of Ynnead, Tactical Objectives and psychic powers from the Revenant discipline.

Still have no idea how they're going to work as an actual faction now.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 15:04

Having six warlord traits implies that we won't require one of the Big Three to have a Ynnari army, but that's the only clue I could discern and it's far from definitive.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 15:23

@Jimsolo wrote:
Having six warlord traits implies that we won't require one of the Big Three to have a Ynnari.

That, although if they are the only ones to get revenant we'll still be forced to take them, granted they are useful enough.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 17:31

Makes me think YNNARI tag will be limited to these 17 strats and not allowed to use strats from the other codices, but then they'd lose access to the 3 different kinds of lightning fast reactions as they work on different units in each book so maybe they'll get an Ynnari variant.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 17:53

@Gizamaluke wrote:
Makes me think YNNARI tag will be limited to these 17 strats and not allowed to use strats from the other codices, but then they'd lose access to the 3 different kinds of lightning fast reactions as they work on different units in each book so maybe they'll get an Ynnari variant.

I'll be shocked if some of them aren't just the bog standard stratagems that the other Eldar factions have access to. Lightning-Fast Reactions, Fire & Fade, re-rolls versus Slaanesh, deep strike and bonus relics already account for five of the seventeen that they'll be getting.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 18:10

I expect Ynarri detachments to lose all CW/Cult/Kabal/Troupe keywords, and be limited to the 17 strats in the Index article. I'm assuming that you'll be able to take normal HQs as well (I would also hope/expect you to be able to take Eldrad, Lelith, and at least some of the Phoenix Lords, in keeping with fluff), so that you can actually build a full Ynarri army. This should also mean that you'll be able to mix Eldar types (DE/CW/Harlie) in the same detachment  as long as they're all Ynarri. I'm fine with all of this, as long as Ynarri are made into a viable alternative to other Eldar army types, and not just an obvious go-to for competitive play, as they are right now.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 18:21

@Burnage LFR targets differently in each book though (CWE is written to exclude wraith units and walkers I think whilst DE affects everything but coven units) so a universal Ynnari one would be weaker as it would have to only effect infantry and bikes, so it would suck for harlequin transports too.

@Krayd I would love to be able to mix and match aeldari again, here's hoping I can take an Ynnari Archon Warlord so I could still use alliance of Agony for some Coven allies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 21:09

Just thought they may give them a "triple warlord" stratagem so named ynnari is actual warlord but you can pay for 2 more
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 21:33

@Gizamaluke wrote:
@Burnage LFR targets differently in each book though (CWE is written to exclude wraith units and walkers I think whilst DE affects everything but coven units) so a universal Ynnari one would be weaker as it would have to only effect infantry and bikes, so it would suck for harlequin transports too.

If it doesn't change that Ynnari can't take Covens units, it'd presumably just have the same wording as the Craftworld version - it affects INFANTRY and units with the FLY keyword. That covers everything that the Drukhari and Harlequin versions can also affect.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 21:46

Very true!
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2019, 23:51

So on the gw website, their listing for a 12 month white dwarf subscription has a screengrab of the ynnari index. It's blurry but here's some takeaways:

A craftworlds, harlequins, drukhari detachment can have the 3 ynnari characters.
It can't have the avatar of khaine, mandrakes, covens, the solitaire or ANY named character (no lelith, eldrad, jain zar?).

You then can choose to make a detachment with the ynnari characters a ynnari detachment, or leave it as a craftworld, arlequins, drukhari detachment. IF you leave it, the detachment doesn't lose the trait (like mercenaries), though they don't benefit.

If you make it a ynnari detachment, you gain ynnari, but lose craftworlds, arlequins, drukhari completely. No strats, warlord traits, psychic powers, anything.

Here it's too blurry, but it looks like the asuryani detachments then gain "reborn asuryani", kabal and wych cults gain "reborn drukhari", then "reborn harlequin"

Beasts, incubi, and scourge can join detachments no problem, except they don't gain strength from death. (really not the incubi? like the visarch's bodyguard??)

then they get reclaim the galaxy (obsec)

then strength from death:

As soon as any unit is destroyed, all units from your army with this ability benefit from soulburst action(s?) until the end of the turn. Whilst a unit is benefiting from Soulbust actions, it always fights first in the fight phase, even if it didn't charge. If a model that is benefiting from soulburst actions made a charge move this turn, or already has an ability that allows it to always fight fist in the fight phase, then whilst it is benefiting from soulburst actions you also add 1 to hit rolls for attacks made with melee weapons by the model. (then it's just you alternate if you get charged).

Obviously there's more when coming with strats and warlord traits but that's what's up now. Thoughts?

edit: also no solitaire
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 01:56

Oh God, have they seriously managed to make the rules for building Ynnari detachments even more convoluted? Why wouldn't Incubi or Scourges get Strength from Death?

Edit: Then again, it also looks like it'll be easier to take Yvraine or the Yncarne in a list now. That could be great depending on their stats and what their psychic powers do - if Yvraine's cheap enough I can see myself taking her over a second Archon in a Kabal Battalion.
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 04:06

It does mention that they have both updated points cost as well as updated datasheets. The Yncarne needs a reduction, and the visarch needs to be useful.

One interesting side note is that because you won't be taking drukhari obsessions, a mixed kabal cult detachment is possible with no drawbacks. Personally that means court of the archon with my succubus, though reavers with kabalites is also pretty good.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 06:42

We gotta see if the big FAQ amends any of the prior sins. This is good for getting the Ynnari back in line with the rest of the factions but now that they are, points and rules need to be reevaluated, especially for Eldar.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 10:10

It's pretty much what I anticipated. Just need to see strats, traits etc.

Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 10:11

Summaries of first column: Battleforged armies can include the 3 Ynnari HQ's in any Aeldari detachment except ones with Mandrakes, Avatar of Khaine, Solitaires, or any Haem covens units.

If any of the 3 Ynnari HQ's are included in a CW, Clown, or DE detachment, you can change it from one of those detachments to a Ynnari Detachment.

If you choose the detachment to remain one of the main 3 Eldar types, then the 3 Ynnari HQ's can be included in that detachment without preventing other units from gaining subfaction rules, Dark City Raiding Force, etc. The 3 Ynnari characters do not benefit from those rules.

If you choose the deatchment to become Ynnari then all units gain the Ynnari Keyword(note that this is not a faction Keyword). The detachment is no longer considered as a CW, Clown, or DE detachment and so cannot use CW, Clown, or DE abilities, stratagems, Warlord traits, relics, psycher powers, or tactical objectives. Also note that you cannot use CW, Clown, or DE Stragatems or psyker powers to affect Ynnari units from your army, even thou they may have the appropriate keyword and you cannot use a craftworlds stratagem to affect an Asuryani unit from your army that has the Ynnari Keywrod, you cannot use a psychic power to affect friendly Asuryani unit that has the Ynnari keyword. In addition, all Ynnari units replace <SUBFACTION KEYWORD>.

Replacing Keywords table: Replace <Craftworld, Kabal, Wych Cult, Masque> with Reborn Asuryani, Reborn Drukhari x2, Reborn Harlequins, respectively.

Abilities: If your army is battleforged, all troops units in Ynnari Detachments (excluding super heavy auxillary detachments) gain the Reclaim the Galaxy Ability. In addition if your army is battleforged, all Ynnari units in Ynarri detachments (excluding super heavy auxillary detachments) gain the Strength from death ability.

Allies of the Reborn: Beast, Incubi, and Scourge units can be included in a Ynnari detatchment without preventing other units in that detachment from gaining the STrength From dEath ability. Note, however, that these units can never (??????) gain the Strength from death ability.

Reclaim the Galaxy: Fluff paragraph. Literally just objective secured from every other codex.

Strength from Death: As soon as any unit is destroyed, all units from your army with this ability benefit from the Soulburst ability until the end of the turn. Whilst a unit is benefiting from the Soulburst actions it always fights first in the Fight phase even if it didn't charge. If a model that is benefiting from Soulburst actions you also add 1 to hit rolls for the attacks made with melee weapons by that model. If the enemy has units that made a charge move this turn, or has abilities that allow theim to always fight first in the fight phase, then alternate choosing units to figh twith starting with the player whose turn is taking place
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 10:12

The limiting and changing of keywords would point towards the big FAQ making Doom only work for craftworld or reborn asuryani now, right?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 14:32

Strength from Death, what have they done to you?
Not that I'm complaining, it just seems like a conditional "always fight first" and "sometimes have 2+ WS" is a pretty paltry compensation for giving up subfaction traits, psychic powers, relics, and Strategems.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 15:06

@Gizamaluke wrote:
The limiting and changing of keywords would point towards the big FAQ making Doom only work for craftworld or reborn asuryani now, right?

Possibly. I think that part's meant to just be clarifying that if you cast something which targets a Asuryani or Harlequins unit then it can't be used on a Ynnari unit. Doom and Jinx aren't cast on friendly models so would still be useable, as long as you've allied in a Craftworld detachment alongside your Ynnari.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 15:22

Some folks over on reddit noticed that the list of abilities you lose when you go Ynnari doesn't include PFP/RC/BF, so rather the Strength from Death is a replacement Obsession (that also locks out relics warlord traits and strats).
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 15:40

Huh I missed that but yeah you lose detachment abilities, which is obsec and obsessions. So turn 3 on dark eldar are +2 to hit on the charge, which doesn't exactly do a ton for us.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2019, 18:45

@Gorgon wrote:
Huh I missed that but yeah you lose detachment abilities, which is obsec and obsessions. So turn 3 on dark eldar are +2 to hit on the charge, which doesn't exactly do a ton for us.

They gain ObjSec, its in their as a rule now.

To add, this ruined my Ynnari quins army completely, as i play with the Yncarne and Solitaire.... now i cant, it really sucks to have to take a 2nd detachment for 1 character when Imperial can for 1CP (assassin) and its actually a straight nerf to the solitaire in everyway (unless the stratagems are stupidly good, but in the normal QUins codex he can fight 3x and blitz/run Twilight pathways +charge, so its a straight nerf)

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Mini Codex!
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: