Ynnari Mini Codex!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 18:45

You are correct, there are also very few units who have decent shooting and are melee orientated (striking scorpions as you say) so it's super super situational unless you're fighting slaanesh daemons with -1 to hit or something. Same with the "+3 to cast revenant spells on kill in psychic phase" one, you're not likely to kill a great deal with the revenant spells and you would want the +3 to cast on smite
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 19:22

Mandrakes have good shooting and are melee oriented.

Oh wait, we're not allowed to take them because reasons.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 19:38

Out of the things that are excluded from being Ynnari, that's the only one I actually agree with.

If I had my druthers, we'd have Incubi included as normal and some sort of strat that allowed you to include Covens.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 20:06

@Jimsolo wrote:
Out of the things that are excluded from being Ynnari, that's the only one I actually agree with.

If I had my druthers, we'd have Incubi included as normal and some sort of strat that allowed you to include Covens.

I dont understand why Coven aren't allowed considering pic related
Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 Screen12

I think we may have stumbled across the best Ynnari tactic with the Razorwing flocks.

Ynnari DE Vanguard
The Yncarne (Shield of Ynnead/Storm of Whispers or Unbind Souls)

3×Beast Master (one with +1S/A and the Hunger Blade?)
3×12 Razorwing Flocks

Comes out at 881pts for 3 super tough flocks that you can apply -1 to hit to in a pinch, are fearless, have a 5++ and a 6+++, rerolling 1s to hit, rerolling wounds from two sources and can now fly over enemies to snarl up the enemy AND each base that dies heals the Yncarne up incase they try to snipe him.

Just checked and you can squeeze in a batallion of 2 archons, 3 kabalites and 4 venoms and a spearhead of haemy and 6 talos along side this detachment if you drop a squad of birds (you can only pseudo doom two units anyway)
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 20:26

I'm honestly not sure how necessary the Yncarne is here, it's really Shield of Ynnead doing most of the work and that can be cast by Yvraine. Give a Beastmaster the +LD drug and you're still looking at ~130 bolter shots and ~215 lasgun shots to take out a unit.

This also screams at being an oversight which will get FAQed, but I certainly hope not!
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 20:29

Mostly because I want an excuse to use the model and fore the fearless + Fnp but yeah yvraine works too
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 21:18

I wonder if Wraithseers can actually take powers from the Revenant discipline. The Ynarri rules say that psykers can swap out powers from the Runes of Battle, Runes of Fate, or Phantasmancy disciplines. However, the wraithseer's psychic powers are from none of these - they're on the datasheet. Similarly, I would assume that a Bonesinger can't swap out smite for one of the Revenant powers.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 21:22

I believe you're right, since they weren't named they keep their original powers.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 21:31

Where are Bonesingers from?
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 21:41

It only has smite and an ability, no other spells
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 22:47

Right, but what source are they from?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 22:47

@Jimsolo wrote:
Where are Bonesingers from?

The rules for Bonesingers came in a little pamphlet that was packed in with the model, during the brief window of time during which they were available for this edition.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 22:56

@Jimsolo wrote:
Right, but what source are they from?

Oh right, they're a craftworld eldar elite choice that got rules when they brought the old model back, they have smite or can heal a wraith unit for d3 per turn.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 23:51

Gotcha. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2019, 10:31

@krayd wrote:
I wonder if Wraithseers can actually take powers from the Revenant discipline. The Ynarri rules say that psykers can swap out powers from the Runes of Battle, Runes of Fate, or Phantasmancy disciplines. However, the wraithseer's psychic powers are from none of these - they're on the datasheet. Similarly, I would assume that a Bonesinger can't swap out smite for one of the Revenant powers.

Wraithseers most definitely can not use the Revenant discipline, as the prerequisite for it is having access to Runes of Battle, Runes of Fate or Phantasmancy disciplines. The Wraithseer has no discipline to speak of, no Smite, just three Wraithseer-specific powers.

Bonesinger also cannot use Revenant discipline of the same reason - no access to Runes of battle, Runes of Fate or Phantasmancy disciplines.

DevilDoll
Kabalite Warrior
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 22:22

hmmm i just had a terrible thought...
do we actually loose our obession in a detachment that includes any of the ynnari hqs (without making it ynnari) as per the Drukhari obsessions rule page 114 since they dont have the required keyword?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 22:34

@DevilDoll wrote:
hmmm i just had a terrible thought...
do we actually loose our obession in a detachment that includes any of the ynnari hqs (without making it ynnari) as per the Drukhari obsessions rule page 114 since they dont have the required keyword?

No, thankfully. The rules say explicitly that having the Ynnari HQs doesn't break stuff like Obsessions.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Kabalite Warrior
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 22:37

Ah yes had not noticed that thx for the quick answer
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2019, 06:58

So, looking through it more (and more and more) i came across this little combo, it might be my new favorite combo.

Im most likely going to add it to my DE forces (A supreme command with Yvarine, Autarch, Warlock, or a Battalion, Autarch, Yvarine, 3x8 Storm Guardians or Rangers)

Autarch Skyrunner, Reaper Launcher, Banshee Masker, Laser Lance, Pistol.
Relic- Corag Hai's Locket "Each time an enemy is destroyed with an attack made by the bearer, add 1 to the bearer's attacks and movement characteristics"
WL trait - Walker of Many Paths (Re-roll 1 hot 1 wound, 5+ to regain a CP) WL trait cost 1 CP

Turn 1, shoot a Reaper Launcher to get the final blow, +1 A/M, (17" movement with 5 attacks base)

Turn 2 Shoot Reaper Launcher again, +1 A/M (18" movement with 6 base attacks base)

Charge turn 2, No overwatch, Str 6 on the charge, 6 attacks hitting on 2+, -4ap, 2D, get a kill (19" movement with 7 attacks base)

Turn 3, Shoot and another kill, now 20" with 8 base attacks, Charge.

Repeat

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2019, 07:13

PS, he re-roll 1's already, and if he is your WL can gain back CP on a 6, but he isnt going to be my WL b.c my WL is Dark Eldar, the re-roll wounds and regain CP on a 5+ is better anyways i feel, especially b.c its important to kill that kill, if i miss my 2+/3+ to wound and not kill it off, then it doesnt work.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2019, 18:40

Jesus. That's heinous.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2019, 23:32

In 8e, is there any restriction on which character(s) can and cannot be the Warlord? I cannot remember off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2019, 00:05

@Jimsolo wrote:
In 8e, is there any restriction on which character(s) can and cannot be the Warlord? I cannot remember off the top of my head.

It's actually less restrictive than you think - any model in your army except for fortifications can potentially be your Warlord, but it's only characters that are allowed Warlord Traits (with some specific restrictions like Beastmasters and Solitaires).
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2019, 00:06

Edit: ninja'd
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2019, 01:32

Hmm. Yeah, I misread Back From the Brink.

Oh, well. (Trying to make Shadow Spectres and/or Irrilyth work with Ynnari.) Back to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Mini Codex!   Ynnari Mini Codex! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Mini Codex!
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: