HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Newbie in need of help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
harabaz726
Slave
harabaz726

Newbie in need of help Empty
PostSubject: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02 2019, 19:44

Hello, as mentioned Im brand new to both 40K and Drukhari and would appreciate some advice on list building. Currently at my disposal is the start collecting drukhari box, and ambition. I have a very rough Idea of what I want (though im not sure of even that). I've viewed a couple videos and lists on this forum I think I want to have 3 Ravagers, 6 groups of 3 Kabalite warriors, 3 groups of 3 Talos, and Id love to incorporate scourge's (those models look too good). That's as far as i've gotten. I believe I'm aiming for a 1,500 or 2,000 pt army. My friends play orks, and Imperial knights if that helps any.
I do apologize I have no knowledge of the proper terminology for any of this, and thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02 2019, 21:43

The Kabalite Warriors come in 5-20 man squads not 3s if that's what you mean? Looks like you wanna aim for something like

2 archons with respective wargear
6×5 kabalites (this is a lot of kabalites) or 3× 10 kabalites
7 venoms to transport Archons and Kabalites/3 raiders 1 venom
3 ravagers

A haemonculus
3×3 talos

It's important that you get the transports for the kabalites as they're best used firing from vehicles. Unless you're playing tournaments and have a deep wallet, 3×3 talos is usually overkill, you can get by with 1×3
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Kabalite Warrior
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2019, 00:34

I'll agree completely with Gizamaluke here. In regards to the scourges, you can put them in either detachment, they're mercenaries so it won't really matter which one.

KinkyApocalypse
Slave
KinkyApocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2019, 00:38

@Gizamaluke wrote:

Don’t forget about the rule of three. For casual open play it doesn’t matter, but for any sort of matched play you’re limited to three units of any single model. That’s max 3 raiders, 3 venoms, 3 squads of 20 kabalites, etc.

So you need to be thinking about how big you want your squads, keeping in mind that you only get three, and your transports can’t fit a 20-man maxed out unit.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Kabalite Warrior
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2019, 01:25

I thought rule of 3 wasn't for troops and dedicated transports? Maybe I'm thinking of something else?

Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2019, 09:40

@KinkyApocalypse wrote:
@Gizamaluke wrote:

Don’t forget about the rule of three. For casual open play it doesn’t matter, but for any sort of matched play you’re limited to three units of any single model. That’s max 3 raiders, 3 venoms, 3 squads of 20 kabalites, etc.

So you need to be thinking about how big you want your squads, keeping in mind that you only get three, and your transports can’t fit a 20-man maxed out unit.

Sent from Topic'it App

Rule of 3 doesn't affect troops and dedicated transports so he will be fine!
Back to top Go down
SK-84
Slave
SK-84

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2019, 22:56

Scourge are great for helping fill in roles and can be specialized to your opponents. Haywire Blasters are great at killing knights. I don't have coven, other then blasters everything is poison, 6+ wounds on vehicles. Having 4+ mortal wounds, no saves, on vehicles helped a lot. Shredders shred infantry, the green tide of orks. Not that rapid fire splinter rifles can't kill infantry, but poison can be a double edged sword. Still need a 4 to wound low toughness enemies. Shredders will mow through anything.

Slave
harabaz726

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2019, 00:36

You guys are awesome! And to say, I do not believe I'm going straight to tournament play, but I do at least want to be able to hold my own. So I'd definitely agree the 1x3 talos is more my speed.
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2019, 13:27

I second everything SK-84 has said about Scourges, they are a great unit and well worth magnatising your weapon options. I would also like to add the benefits of plain Scourge. With just Shard carbines they make great cheap mid game objective grabbers. Being able to deep strike for free is really good, and they're cheap enough that if they get destroyed in the next turn it doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2019, 15:52

Since you'll have 3 or more talos armed with haywire blaster, scourge may be redundant and not needed. Maybe blaster scourges if you absolutely want them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in need of help   Newbie in need of help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie in need of help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: