HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Getting a Tantalus for Christmas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TavernerHedris
Slave
TavernerHedris

Getting a Tantalus for Christmas Empty
PostSubject: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2018, 10:37

Ahoy!

So my brother in law phoned me last night asking if id like a Tantalus for Crimbo, obviously i said yes!

However, I'm super new at this game and have about 600 points painted at this point.

I want to ensure I make the most out of this vessel, what can people suggest for some sure win tactics with this fantastic bit of kit?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/tavernerhedris/
GreyArea
Hellion
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2018, 11:21

You could cult of strife it and use that to shoot twice with it. Skari has been doing that to great success in tournaments I believe.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2018, 11:25

If you're new to the hobby in general then brace yourself. The Tantalus is generally considered to be an absolute beyatch to put together!!

TavernerHedris
Slave
TavernerHedris

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2018, 13:10

@GreyArea wrote:
You could cult of strife it and use that to shoot twice with it. Skari has been doing that to great success in tournaments I believe.

This will be my Newness showing, but i thought the Attack characteristic was only for Melee and not shooting?

@Count Adhemar wrote:
If you're new to the hobby in general then brace yourself. The Tantalus is generally considered to be an absolute beyatch to put together!!

Oh but that's part of the fun! Im just dreading painting it and doing it a disservice!
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Hellion
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2018, 13:16

@TavernerHedris wrote:
@GreyArea wrote:

This will be my Newness showing, but i thought the Attack characteristic was only for Melee and not shooting?

@Count Adhemar wrote:

Oh but that's part of the fun! Im just dreading painting it and doing it a disservice!
You right but their is a stragem which allows them to fire or fight again if they kill an enemy.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2018, 14:21

Oh there is SO much you can do with it.

1) General
a) LD buff for everything
b) has large transport that can also transport Scourges and Hellions (we asked for the faq many times and it wasnt faq and GW knew so it open game)
c) Can shoot, Fire and Fade to get models inside closer to shoot, aka Shredder/Blaster borns or Scourges, even Mandrakes.

2) Coven
a) Gives it +1 toughness making it T8
b) Dark Creed, 2CP to give it Sniper, making it the best character shooting unit in game
c) In general its more niche, but a T8 sniper is very scary

3) Kabal
a) Black Heart for a 6+++, can re-roll 1's to hit and to wound (most constant way to play it)
b) Best use for Transport shooting units can give units inside re-rolls and better movement
c) can get -1 to hit

4) Wych
a) Cult of Strife, can shoot twice if it shoots and kills something
b) Red Grief can move+advance for a 36" movement, still shoot and charge, best alpha strike unit in the game, take 3 with all melee units inside, turn 1 3 tants charge, turn 2 everything gets out and charge, with 36 S8 dissie shots and MW's on the charge
c) can get -1 to hit

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
TavernerHedris
Slave
TavernerHedris

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2018, 10:31

I'm thinking of going Kabal with the Tantalus, it can sit 16 so i can pop some Kabalite's in it for a nice poison battery fire along with my Archon Warlord.

Is it worth popping some Scourge in there as well or would they be better served flanking elsewhere on the table while my opponent panics and tries to take down the Tanty?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2018, 13:46

The problem with putting good units itside a goo transport is it becomes a very good target to kill quickly.

So play it that way at risk.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2018, 14:38

Your tantalus look very tough, but don't expect it to last more than 1 turn. You must make the most damage when it drop, then everything else is gravy.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06 2019, 06:41

So I do this everytime when a new Dark Eldar player gets a Tantalus,

This:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1672003709681962.1073741886.1406358382913164&type=3

This is your bible for building your tantalus. each image has a description of what the guy did and step by step instructions.

Good luck fellow Archon. Hopefully I'm not too late.

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Tantalus for Christmas   Getting a Tantalus for Christmas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting a Tantalus for Christmas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: