HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Magnetizing Ravager Weapons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PowerFromPain71
Hellion

PostSubject: Magnetizing Ravager Weapons   Sun Nov 11 2018, 01:09

So, I’m facing a problem. When I started Dark Eldar, dark lance spam was the optimal load out for Ravagers. Now disintegrator cannons are all the rage, but now what do I do with my old Ravagers? I don’t want to buy new ones for the disintegrators, but I don’t want to be stuck with the dark lances.

I’m wondering if anyone in our community has tried to rig it so that they could switch between the two different weapons, and how they did it. I’m thinking of cutting off the muzzles of each weapon and using magnets to switch them out when needed. If anyone has any recommendations, seeing as I’ve never used magnets before, any tips or comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Magnetizing Ravager Weapons   Sun Nov 11 2018, 11:05

The simplest way to magnetize Dark Lances and Disintegrators is to make two cuts like so:

You file down what's left of the barrel and simply glue to magnets in there, slightly extending it, but virtually unchanging it visually and making it possible to swap out even for models that have them glued into place. This was the first thing I ever magnetized myself, so it's really the most straightforward way to do it.

Magnetizing Ravager Weapons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: