HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording Empty
PostSubject: Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording   Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2018, 16:56

Played at a tournament this weekend at the local game store. A couple of rules questions came up. First was how the mortal wounds 'in addition' is applied when the wound is saved on haywire weapons. Basically if you save/prevent the normal wound do you also save the mortal wound because it is only applied 'in addition' to the normal wound.

Option 1) once you roll a 4 to wound a mortal wound is applied regardless of the following save to the normal wound. If the model is double toughness vs strength wound rolls of 4 cause a moral wound but fail on the normal wound.

Option 2) once a 4 is rolled on the wound, opponent makes the save and if successful prevents the normal and mortal wound. Also if the model is double the toughness then 4's don't wound so there will be no mortal wounds on 4's.

For whatever it's worth I thought it should play out as option 1, but my opponent and the judge ruled as option 2.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording   Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2018, 17:52

When you roll to wound, if you succeed you do a normal one PLUS a Mortal Wound. Both are then taken by your opponent and allocated as normal.
You do all of your Wound rolls, and then tell your opponent how many Wounds they have to deal with, both normal and Mortal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording   Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2018, 19:54

Let's take a look at the exact syntax

Quote :
If the target is a VEHICLE and you roll a wound roll of a 4+ for this weapon, the target suffers 1 mortal wound in addition to any other damage.

So, we have a very clear set of criteria here

(1) The target must be a Vehicle
(2) you must roll a 4 or better on your wound roll

at that point, the target suffers a mortal wound.

The "In addition to any other damage" clause is simply there to tell you that the process of gaining a mortal wound for meeting the two aforementioned criteria does not superseded the normal wounding process
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording   Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2018, 20:22

Its not a 1 save ignores both.

It does a MW on a 4+, then if the damage roll would also wound it, they take normaly armor saves vs that normal damage roll.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording   Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2018, 21:33

I thought the mortal wounds would be applied regardless of the normal armor save but started to second guess myself when the judge ruled otherwise. Thank you for the confirmation that I am not crazy after all.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording   Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2018, 21:43

@DingWop wrote:
I thought the mortal wounds would be applied regardless of the normal armor save but started to second guess myself when the judge ruled otherwise.  Thank you for the confirmation that I am not crazy after all.    

The judge should know better........ You do the MW's no matter what

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording   Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2018, 22:48

Found this in the index FAQ:

Q: If I shoot a haywire blaster at a Vehicle and roll a wound
roll of 4, do I still inflict a mortal wound on that unit even
though the wound roll might not be high enough to successfully
wound it?
A: Yes.

This was the exact case that came up. Now I know where to find this FAQ answer if it comes up again.
Back to top Go down
DarkCycu
Hellion
DarkCycu

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording   Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2018, 07:46

Quite easy to understand. Against vehicles with toughness of 7 wound rolls of 1,2,3 does nothing. On 4s you deal one mortal wound. On 5, you deal one normal and one mortal wound. On 6 you deal one normal and d3 mortal wounds. Against t8 you deal normal wounds on 6, thus on 1,2,3 nothing, 4,5 one mortal, on 6, one normal wound and d3 mortals. Of course normal wounds require save tests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording   Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haywire Mortal Wounds and 'in addition' wording
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: