HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Malzahar
Slave
Malzahar

Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony  Empty
PostSubject: Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony    Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2018, 01:04

Hey working on a semi competitive list heavily focused on close combat. The plan with this list is to use the Wych Cult to get into combat and hold up as many shooting units as possible so my Coven hard hitting units can roll up the field with relative safety, and clean up the stronger targets.

Please let me know if I’m going in the right direction with this list. It doesn’t have to be a super strong list, but a list that can hold its own.

Cheers

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [45 PL, 835pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Cult of the Red Grief

Fixed Combat Drug Selections

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, 60pts]: Adrenalight (Combat Drug), Archite Glaive, Blast Pistol, Hyper-swift Reflexes, The Blood Glaive, Warlord (Succubus)

Succubus [4 PL, 50pts]: Archite Glaive, Serpentin (Combat Drug), Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Wyches [4 PL, 89pts]: Splintermind (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Splinter pistol
. 8x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler

Wyches [4 PL, 81pts]: Painbringer (Combat Drug)
. 7x Wych

Wyches [4 PL, 81pts]: Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)
. 7x Wych

+ Elites +

Mandrakes [4 PL, 80pts]: 4x Mandrake, Nightfiend

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [6 PL, 154pts]: 2x Grav-Talon, Hypex (Combat Drug)
. Arena Champion
. 3x Reaver
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Blaster
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Blaster

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 80pts]: Disintegrator cannon

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [25 PL, 435pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Black Heart

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 135pts]: Twin splinter rifle
. 2 Disintegrator Cannons: 2x Disintegrator cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 135pts]: Twin splinter rifle
. 2 Disintegrator Cannons: 2x Disintegrator cannon

Voidraven [9 PL, 165pts]: Two dark scythes, Voidraven Missiles

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [45 PL, 730pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Coven of Twelve

+ HQ +

Haemonculus [5 PL, 76pts]: Electrocorrosive whip, Splinter Pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Cronos [4 PL, 70pts]
. Cronos: Spirit Probe

Talos [18 PL, 292pts]
. Talos: Chain-Flails, Macro-Scalpel, Stinger Pod
. Talos: Chain-Flails, Macro-Scalpel
. . Two Haywire Blasters: 2x Haywire blaster

Talos [18 PL, 292pts]
. Talos: Chain-Flails, Macro-Scalpel
. . Two Haywire Blasters: 2x Haywire blaster

++ Total: [115 PL, 2000pts] ++
Back to top Go down
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

PostSubject: Re: Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony    Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2018, 22:18

Its interesting to see another Coven being used here. Conventional wisdom suggests PoF is the only one worth taking. But with that many taloi you may well be fine. Terror tactics are not much cop in this edition though. Are you set on Red Grief for your cult? It doesn't benefit your list that much currently
Back to top Go down
Malzahar
Slave
Malzahar

PostSubject: Re: Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony    Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2018, 00:54

I am not set on any of these obsessions. But I will explain my reasoning for using these two. The the red grief, as it allows for my bikes and wyches to get into combat fast regardless of weather or not my raiders survive first turn, it also allows for a lot more mobility late game in tying up shooting units, and keeping them held in combat. I have chosen Coven of twelve because the whole purpose of the wyches is to hold up the biggest threats to my Talos. I’ve always found that the Coven units really lack that final punch, and need something that can kill marines at a higher level than what my wyches can do. Also using both these obsessions allow for every stratagem to become usfull from both these obsessions. The Red grief stratagem can come in handy if I manage to wipe, and squad. I will be able to quickly return to my raider without leaving my wyches exposed for a turn. The prophets of flesh stratagem becomes useless, as I am not running any wrack units, and the coven of twelve stratagem will be able to help me dislodge my Talos should they get engaged in a prolonged fight against a screening, or tarpit unit. I have only taken stinger pods majority on my Talos, which when shooting into a combat consisting of my Talos, there is minimal risk of doing damage to these units. What Wych Cult obsession would you suggest running instead ?
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Sybarite
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony    Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2018, 01:15

[Edit: you answered my question while I was posting. LOL]
Back to top Go down
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

PostSubject: Re: Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony    Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2018, 19:47

Had coven traits the wrong way around thought the coven of twelve were the leadership modifier guys. To answer your question I prefer both strife and cursed blade on wyches for pure damage dealing. The strife strat is also more useful although the athletic aerialists strat is very cool I have never actually got much use out of it but as you say the cult stuff in this list is harassment and objective secured as opposed to the punch so red grief is probably a better fit for what you are using them for. If you are after first turn charges with the reavers it could be worth swapping the mandrakes out for more bikes and maybe rearrange them into two small units?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony    Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult & Coven An Unholy Matrimony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: