HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 FAQ is here

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2016-12-31

PostSubject: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 14:37

No point changes but agents of vect is now the only 4cp stratagem in the game, and requires at least on a black heart unit on the battlefield. What do you guys think of this?
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2016-12-31

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 14:39

Forgot to note that only 1cp can be regained per battle round now also
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 14:49

@Mikoneo wrote:
Forgot to note that only 1cp can be regained per battle round now also

AoV is exempt from that though

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2017-11-16

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 14:56

The Agents of Vect cost increase was expected imo.

The '1CP gain per battle round' thing could be annoying, especially for my craftworld lists, as I regularly use an Ulthwe Autarch for them.


The thing that interests me though is in the Drukhari FAQ...

Succubi hitting on 1s (a.k.a. always hitting)? Heck to the Yes!
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2016-12-31

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 14:58

A physical roll of a one is always a fail. This just clarifies that the weapon skill drug can allow a succubus to still hit on a roll of a 2 even with a -1 modifier (such as the archite glaive)
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
avatar

Posts : 735
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:01

I'm a bit surprised at how light this FAQ is - it seems like the only meaningful change we have is Agents of Vect costing +1 CP.

Are GW learning how to balance delicately?
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2017-11-16

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:11

@Mikoneo ah, okay. I see that now. Guess I got a little carried away.

@Burnage I have to agree. I sort of expected... more. More of what, I don't know, but just... more.

Also... is it just me, or are there no points changes at all? at least, from what I can see.
Back to top Go down
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Slave
avatar

Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-11-08

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:34

i guess point changes will come with Chapter approved?
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2016-12-31

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:38

Points changed have been confirmed to be handled in chapter approved as there's less of a gap between FAQ 2 and chapter approved 2 than that of FAQ 1 and the first chapter approved
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:52

The change to tactical reserves is big. No more hiding ravagers in deep strike just to keep them safe if you don't get first turn, and then deploying them on your first turn. I'm not too bothered about it, because my opponent can't do the same, and waiting until turn 2+ has been how reserves have worked in all prior editions, so it doesn't feel that jarring. Infiltrating units in other codices (Alpha Legion, Stygies, Eldar Rangers, etc) all got a bit nerfed by this, however.
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2017-12-09

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:53

@Burnage wrote:
I'm a bit surprised at how light this FAQ is - it seems like the only meaningful change we have is Agents of Vect costing +1 CP.

Are GW learning how to balance delicately?

+1 CP to AoV, if the enemy kills yout Black Heart units you can't use it, and just can refound a CP per battle round, .

This Big Faq is a Big Nerf to the Black Heart, because the reality is that AoV is now more expensive than before and not just thanks that +1CP. Its a deception that the solution of GW to the spam of Black Heart detachments on the Aeldary soups is this huge nerf to the Drukhari players, being indiferents to the pure DE players.

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
avatar

Posts : 521
Join date : 2017-01-03

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:54

Well the succubus just jumped up in terms of combat ability ... While it does require using the weapon skill drug ... Being able to hit on a 2 with the glaive before turn 3 is awesome.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:56

@Rodi Sikni wrote:
@Burnage wrote:
I'm a bit surprised at how light this FAQ is - it seems like the only meaningful change we have is Agents of Vect costing +1 CP.

Are GW learning how to balance delicately?

+1 CP to AoV, if the enemy kills yout Black Heart units you can't use it, and just can refound a CP per battle round, .

This Big Faq is a Big Nerf to the Black Heart, because the reality is that AoV is now more expensive than before and not just thanks that +1CP. Its a deception that the solution of GW to the spam of Black Heart detachments on the Aeldary soups is this huge nerf to the Drukhari players, being indiferents to the pure DE players.


It is noted that the 1CP refund limit does not apply to AoV and other abilities that cost more than 1CP to use.

Frankly, if you only take 1 unit of BH to give yourself access to AoV, and you let that unit get killed, then you deserve what you get.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:59

@Archon_91 wrote:
Well the succubus just jumped up in terms of combat ability ... While it does require using the weapon skill drug ... Being able to hit on a 2 with the glaive before turn 3 is awesome.

It frees up my +1A or +1S drug, which would normally go on the Succubus, to go on something else... and makes the +1WS drug not feel like a waste.
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2016-12-31

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 16:00

The exception with agents of vect is only that it is allowed to refund the player whose strategem was cancelled more than one cp. Not that more than one cp can be regained using traits/relics when agents is used
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2017-12-09

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 16:01

@krayd wrote:
@Rodi Sikni wrote:
@Burnage wrote:
I'm a bit surprised at how light this FAQ is - it seems like the only meaningful change we have is Agents of Vect costing +1 CP.

Are GW learning how to balance delicately?

+1 CP to AoV, if the enemy kills yout Black Heart units you can't use it, and just can refound a CP per battle round, .

This Big Faq is a Big Nerf to the Black Heart, because the reality is that AoV is now more expensive than before and not just thanks that +1CP. Its a deception that the solution of GW to the spam of Black Heart detachments on the Aeldary soups is this huge nerf to the Drukhari players, being indiferents to the pure DE players.


It is noted that the 1CP refund limit does not apply to AoV and other abilities that cost more than 1CP to use.

Frankly, if you only take 1 unit of BH to give yourself access to AoV, and you let that unit get killed, then you deserve what you get.

What the FaQ sais is that the rival can refound all his CP if the roll is 2-5, not just 1. If the DE player uses labyrinthine cunning just can refound 1 even if he rolls four 6s.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 16:06

@Mikoneo wrote:
The exception with agents of vect is only that it is allowed to refund the player whose strategem was cancelled more than one cp. Not that more than one cp can be regained using traits/relics when agents is used

I was thinking about it in terms of getting all of your CPs back if you roll a 6.

Yes, labyrinthine cunning got a bit of a nerf. It does mean that other warlord traits might actually see use.
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2016-12-31

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 16:10

You don't get any cp back when you roll a 6 for agents of vect. Rolling a 6 just means that the opponent doesn't get their cp back
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
avatar

Posts : 916
Join date : 2011-09-10
Location : Riga, Latvia

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 16:31

The change to Vect is completely fine and that RAW clarification was long coming so that the most devilish of advocats can finally settle on the matter.

I am quite amused that reserves simply go back to previous edition format, and I also enjoy that the player that goes second has that stratagem to dig in and get cover. It's a good way to mitigate the alpha strike gameplay.

Cutting down the CP farms, however, is the greatest change in this whole thing. I think they're really getting a hang of this "balancing" thing. I have confidence that the next few months will further impact what exactly gets a points change in December and how large it will be.

_________________
Siticus Empyrean Vision - my Facebook page with various painting projects
Siticus' Empyrean Visions log - the project log for my Aeldari works and beyond
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 16:33

Succubi didn't really jump this was always the case, I just don't have to explain why every game any more.

Precision Blows Hydra Gauntlet Succubi with 1+ WS is solid regardless of affiliation.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych
avatar

Posts : 738
Join date : 2012-07-13
Location : Tampa

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 17:30

Mikoneo has the right of it.

Someone spends 3 cp's. You vect. Roll a "4" for the vect. Opponent gets all three of their cp's back.
Now you roll for cunning, rolling 7 dice.
Get three "6's".

Guess what? You get ONE cp back, and cant roll again until NEXT battle round (not turn)

so over a 6 round game, the most cp's you can get back are 6.

_________________
ATTITUDE: It is the difference between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Elfric
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2018-03-04

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 17:45

I really do think Black Heart is preventing players from realising how good the other Kabals are. 42 inch disintergrators/dark lances are no joke if you take Obsidian Rose for instance.

I'm surprised Talos were left untouched. A unit of 3 has a much damage and toughness as a Knight and its cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2017-12-09

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 17:48

@Elfric wrote:
I really do think Black Heart is preventing players from realising how good the other Kabals are. 42 inch disintergrators/dark lances are no joke if you take Obsidian Rose for instance.

I'm surprised Talos were left untouched. A unit of 3 has a much damage and toughness as a Knight and its cheaper.

Talos aren't untouched. Now "Fly" only works on the movement phase, so now Talos can't charge moving over other miniatures.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych
avatar

Posts : 588
Join date : 2018-04-02

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 17:51

The CP regeneration thing is disappointing, to say the least.

Not because I like CP regeneration but because it does naff-all to address the fact that any Imperium army can just add 10-12 CPs to its total right from the get-go by including an IG Brigade or a couple of Battalions.

_________________
@TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
Elfric
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2018-03-04

PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   Fri Sep 28 2018, 17:51

@Rodi Sikni wrote:
@Elfric wrote:
I really do think Black Heart is preventing players from realising how good the other Kabals are. 42 inch disintergrators/dark lances are no joke if you take Obsidian Rose for instance.

I'm surprised Talos were left untouched. A unit of 3 has a much damage and toughness as a Knight and its cheaper.

Talos aren't untouched. Now "Fly" only works on the movement phase, so now Talos can't charge moving over other miniatures.

Really I didn't see that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: FAQ is here   

Back to top Go down
 
FAQ is here
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: