HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Experimenting with Hellions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

Experimenting with Hellions Empty
PostSubject: Experimenting with Hellions   Experimenting with Hellions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2018, 20:40

Greetings folks, I recently played a game with a radically different list to see if I could make hellions work for me, I love the models and the fluff to much to leave them behind for all of 8th after their dramatic come down but I digress. List looked something like this

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [47 PL, 880pts] ++

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

+ HQ +

Archon huskblade PGL soulthirst 79
Archon PGL venom blade 75

+ Troops +

3 x 5 kabalites with blaster 141

+ Flyer +

2 voidravens with missiles 330

+ Dedicated Transport +

3 raiders with dark lances 255

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [38 PL, 748pts] ++

Detachment Attribute: Cult of the Cursed Blade

+ HQ +

Succubus hydra gauntless +2M and precision blows 54

Succubus +1t shardnet and impaler 55

+ Fast Attack +

3 x 15 hellions with PGL (1 squad +1A 1 squad +1S 1 squad +1WS) 639

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [23 PL, 371pts] ++

Detachment Attribute: Prophets of Flesh

+ HQ +

Haemonculus Electrocorrosive whip, The Vexator Mask 76

+ Heavy Support +

2 x talos with chain flails and macro scalpels and haywire blasters 196

1 talos with 2 macro scalpels and haywire blasters 99

I played against a tau list which had 120 fire warriors and all the associated auras with some broadisdes and a ghost keel. Which ironically was my lists worst nightmare. Vast acres of anti personal firepower/chaff to keep my hellions of the battlesuits and a totally inadequate amount of dark lance to deal said suits.

The question is am I over reacting to look at swapping the voidravens for as many dark lance ravagers as I can? Or should was it just a tau issue? My meta means my usual anti armour is the trusty haywire scourges which wouldn't have cut it here either.
Back to top Go down
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Hellions   Experimenting with Hellions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2018, 12:08

Hey, love Hellions too. Do you need a 2nd Succubus? I had some help with my list from Skari and he sugvested units of 20 with cursed blade, pop in sone HWB scourge in the outrider with the pts left and you still have your outrider.
Back to top Go down
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Hellions   Experimenting with Hellions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2018, 13:39

The second succubus isn't a necessity, it was just a cheap addition of another reroll to hit bubble so I could spread them out a bit. I would like units of 20 instead of 15 if I could squeeze it in. It was a fun list to play just not as dangerous as I would have liked! But the tau list was perfect for anti hellion duty. That being said the hellions did okay at taking the shots with help from some strats and hiding in cover
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Wych
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Hellions   Experimenting with Hellions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2018, 13:40

In a fully CP oriented list, I like 1 single big blob of Hellions because you can play on it TakePosition+LightningFastReflex+HuntFromTheShadows.
Only 1 because only one you can protect in this way.

In small units, I like them from the Cult of Strife. Or I just pick Reavers for that role.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Hellions   Experimenting with Hellions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Experimenting with Hellions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: