HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What to buy, Help! :D

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RolandDarkfire
Slave

PostSubject: What to buy, Help! :D   Sat Aug 18 2018, 15:55

Hey everyone. Im starting another Drukhari army, havent played with the new codex, just the index. Starting from scratch with about a 500-600 USD budget, what would you recommend? Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What to buy, Help! :D   Sat Aug 18 2018, 16:41

Well, that depends on what you already have. At minimum you will need 2 Archons and at least 15 (So at least 2 boxes) of kabalite warriors to get your battalion detachment.

From there, get yourself some ravagers

After that, I personally like either some grotesques, and a haemonculous. Or possibly some Talos. Razorwing jet fighters are incredibly useful. Scourges and mandrakes are also good. But these last 3-5 things do depend a bit on your own playing style.
Back to top Go down
RolandDarkfire
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What to buy, Help! :D   Sat Aug 18 2018, 16:57

@Silverglade wrote:
Well, that depends on what you already have.   At minimum you will need 2 Archons and at least 15 (So at least 2 boxes) of kabalite warriors to get your battalion detachment.

From there, get yourself some ravagers

After that,  I personally like either some grotesques,  and a haemonculous.  Or possibly some Talos.   Razorwing jet fighters are incredibly useful.   Scourges and mandrakes are also good.   But these last 3-5 things do depend a bit on your own playing style.  

Thanks for the advice! I actually dont have anything right now, im starting over from scratch.

I have an offer from someone for
Archon
30 Kabalites
10 Scourges
6 Venoms
3 Ravagers

How would that be for a start? Id make some witches out of the parts from the vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What to buy, Help! :D   Thu Aug 23 2018, 08:00

Just wanted to start thread like this myself )))
Anyone have used models from Avatars of war? I wanted to buy vestals of nemesis to make some Witches (there can`t be enouth of those Very Happy ) but not sure about quality of models.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What to buy, Help! :D   Thu Aug 23 2018, 14:10

imho starter boxes are your friend.

the old kabalite ones should still be floating around (archon, 10 kabs, raider, and some reavers.)

the new wych one is also a good second buy (succubus, 10 wyches a venom and some more reavers)

after those look at the ravagers. if you magnetize it they can very easily pull double duty as a raider or ravager depending on what you need.

thats how i got my start at least.

edit: the offer you got is actually pretty awesome, if you don't take it please forward me their info lol.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What to buy, Help! :D   Thu Aug 23 2018, 20:16

2 of each starter (I bought 3 of each, probably too many bikes but everything else is useful).
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What to buy, Help! :D   Fri Aug 24 2018, 02:30

i've since added another kab box, but i also had a small 3rd edition army i bought to help bail a friend out when money was tight too. (10 wyches, 30 kabs, 2 raiders, and 2 ravagers and some old old school grots)

i also couldnt resist hellions for the looks alone, and grabbed 15 of them.

right now im eyeing 2-3 talos's so i can field some coven

p.s. they arent lying when they say its addictive :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to buy, Help! :D   

Back to top Go down

What to buy, Help! :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion