HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
albions-angel
Hellion

Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt? Empty
PostSubject: Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt?   Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2018, 09:32

Hi all,

Trying to build an army list for a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt army. So far what I have is this:

Battalion : Black heart or Serpents Kiss, maybe Obsidian Rose?
HQ
Archon (Warlord) : Splinter Pistol/Huskblade(/Muse Writ if BH) : 76 pt : In backfield with Ravager
Archon : Splinter Pistol/Huskblade : 76 pt : In Venom2???
Troops
Kabalite1 : 5 models : Blaster/Agoniser/PLG : 54 pt : In Raider1
Kabalite2 : 5 models : Blaster/Agoniser/PLG : 54 pt : In Raider2
Elites
Trueborn : 5 models : 4 Blaster/Agoniser/PLG : 130 pt : In Venom 1
Transports
Raider1 : Dissi/Racks : 90 pt
Raider2 : Dissi/Racks : 90 pt
Venom1 : Cannon : 65pt
Venom2 : Cannon : 65pt : ???
Fast Attack
Scourge : 5 models : 4 Haywire Blaster : 92 pt
Flyer
Razorwing Jet : 2 Dissi/Twin Rifle : 135 pt
Heavy Attack
Ravager : 3 Dissi : 125 pt

I seem very stretched thin here. I feel like I need at least another Ravager, a Voidraven, and a unit of mandrakes. My melee looks lacking...

============================================

For 1500 I add

1380 pt
Patrol : no idea of the obsession
HQ
Succubus : Hydra Gauntlet (though Razorflail looks better?) : 54 pt : In Raider
Troop
Wyches : 5 models : Agoniser/PLG : 47 pt : In Raider
Wyches : 4 models : Agoniser/PLG : 39 pt : In Raider (not sure if possible)
Transport
Raider : Dissi : 80 pt

So I am not sure if, to the Kabal, I should add another Ravager or a Voidraven or do something else

============================================

For 2000 pt... well I have no idea. I like Coven, so maybe a patrol or a vanguard of Coven with Grots and a Talos?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt?   Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2018, 13:24

@albions-angel wrote:
Hi all,

Trying to build an army list for a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt army. So far what I have is this:

Looking for some suggestions for the last 90?
Immediate thought before going through the list is go to the Scourge well again - they're affordable and pretty potent. May have other thoughts as I read more carefully.

@albions-angel wrote:
Battalion : Black heart or Serpents Kiss, maybe Obsidian Rose?
Razz
Might want to finalize your thought here as the option you go for actually will help steer what type of list you're building. I'll suggest that Serpent's Kiss is pretty directly inferior to Flayed Skull. Obsidian is all about hanging at distant range. Black Heart is really just about getting access to one of the most powerful stratagems in the game.

@albions-angel wrote:
Archon (Warlord) : Splinter Pistol/Huskblade(/Muse Writ if BH) : 76 pt : In backfield with Ravager
Archon : Splinter Pistol/Huskblade : 76 pt : In Venom2???
Troops
Elites
Trueborn : 5 models : 4 Blaster/Agoniser/PLG : 130 pt : In Venom 1
Transports
Raider1 : Dissi/Racks : 90 pt
Raider2 : Dissi/Racks : 90 pt
Venom1 : Cannon : 65pt
Venom2 : Cannon : 65pt : ???
I'm pretty neutral about buying upgrades on Sybarites, though other players seem to find it very helpful. I can see you're trying to make a pseudo assault tool out of your Warriors and I offer this as an alternate take;

'What are you going to assault that the Aggie will make a particular difference against?"

Yeah, it's cheap - but at the end of the day it's only a handful of attacks - let an Archon try to do the heavy lifting in assault, he can even take a Warlord trait to help. Let the Warriors go pew-pew and be ablative wounds if needed. Generally I just shoot stuff with my Warriors and rarely bother with assault as it's not what they really do.

Another thought for your additional 90 points - get another Dissie Raider. You can spread out your Troops, gain the firepower of a Raider, spread out your mobility and ability to claim objectives, and even have the option of an Archon riding with some of his troops if you do want an easy assault punch.

@albions-angel wrote:
Fast Attack
Scourge : 5 models : 4 Haywire Blaster : 92 pt
Flyer
Razorwing Jet : 2 Dissi/Twin Rifle : 135 pt
Heavy Attack
Ravager : 3 Dissi : 125 pt
I love the Razorwing, but do consider it basically a 'Ravager lite' as it's basically a bit more expensive, a bit more durable, and a touch less dangerous.
These are all good options and helpful though.

@albions-angel wrote:
I seem very stretched thin here. I feel like I need at least another Ravager, a Voidraven, and a unit of mandrakes. My melee looks lacking...
I find the Voidraven markedly inferior to the Ravager and generally inferior to the Razorwing, I'd advocate either of those over a really expensive flyer with a limited mortal wound trick as its one exciting benefit for a solid price uptick.

Your melee is lacking, but at 1250 you don't need to be able to do everything well (in fact, most armies can't) If it were me I'd actually be de-powering your melee to tak emore shooting Cool You've got enough melee to deal with the limited times you need to melee - otherwise just dakka stuff.

@albions-angel wrote:
For 1500 I add

1380 pt
Patrol : no idea of the obsession
HQ
Succubus : Hydra Gauntlet (though Razorflail looks better?) : 54 pt : In Raider
Mathematically the Hydra Gauntlet is overall superior as the Succubus already grants herself re-rolls of her misses. A succubus with razorflails is being silly.
I would advocate taking the Archite Glaive in a heartbeat though - it's a much superior weapon and one of our only options to get a multi wound assault tool by going Red Grief and upgrading it to the Blood Glaive (incidentally, I'd advocate Red Grief for your Obsession as it's the best tool for a small float in of Wyches as it boosts the Succubus).

@albions-angel wrote:
Wyches : 5 models : Agoniser/PLG : 47 pt : In Raider
Wyches : 4 models : Agoniser/PLG : 39 pt : In Raider (not sure if possible)
Transport
Raider : Dissi : 80 pt  
The 4 Wych squad is 'technically' legal though, since you have spare points and (I presume) one more Wych model it's kind of not legal. I wouldn't try that game at a tournament either way - just pay for one more Wych.

I like the Aggies on them. I'm meh on the PGL. I'd take a shardnet and impaler on them to help them lock down units and be a bother or take a hydra gauntlet on them to help them do the killing. My personal suggestion would be shardnet.

@albions-angel wrote:
So I am not sure if, to the Kabal, I should add another Ravager or a Voidraven or do something else
A Ravager would, without doubt, get my vote.

@albions-angel wrote:
For 2000 pt... well I have no idea. I like Coven, so maybe a patrol or a vanguard of Coven with Grots and a Talos?
When I go up to 2000 I tend to take more Kabal as they're the most powerful faction overall - but Coven can be aa really strong choice also. If you want to be competitive Grots is almost assuredly the way to go as they are a very solid meatwall.

Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt?   Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2018, 16:01

Thanks, thats very helpful Smile This wont be for tournament play, just local friendly play with some friends (One SM, one Demons, and now one Tau). I just found out they dont have a lot, so we are actually looking at 1000 pt generally, maybe 1250. I want to use the razorwing and the scourges as I already have those.

So dropping that one wych from the squad meant that I got to put the Succubus in the raider with them, which gets them into combat quicker. Otherwise they are footslogging and they will get blown away.

I redid the list a little to try and make a Kabal/Cult 1000 pt. Dont have it on me right now, but essentially I cut the trueborn, one archon, and all the venoms. Go Black Heart Patrol, keep archon with Writ at the back with Ravager. Then get that wych patrol more or less as is. I was a little over the 1000 points, but with your upgrade suggestions I should be under. Should I footslog and ditch the wych raider?

1250 I will certainly add a second ravager I think. Maybe splash out and get a DL one, for those super hard targets?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt?   Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help fleshing out a 1250, 1500 and 2000 pt?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: