HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination   The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 5:48 am

I'm tweaking my list a bit to include Haywire weapons in the fight against Knights. Comments & criticism welcome.

It's 13-16 drops, 4 Dark Scythes, 6 Blasters, 8 Lances, 9 Disintegrators, and 12 Haywire Blasters.

2000pts     10CP

Kabal of the Black Heart Battalion
HQ
Overlord w/Venom Blade     72
Warlord: Labyrinthine Cunning     Artefact: Writ of the Living Muse

Dracon w/Blaster, PGL, & Venom Blade     92

Troops
10 Kabalites w/2 Blasters & Dark Lance     114
5 Kabalites w/Blaster     47

Heavy Support
Ravager (80) w/2 Disintegrators & Dark Lance     130

Dedicated Transports
Raider w/Disintegrator     80

Cult of Red Grief Outriders
HQ
Succubus w/Shardnet & Impaler     55
+2" Movement Drug

Fast Attack
5 Scourges w/4 HWB     92

Kabal of the Flayed Skull Air Wing
Razorwing Jetfighter w/2 Dark Lances     145
Razorwing Jetfighter w/2 Dark Lances     145
Voidraven w/2 Dark Scythes & Missiles     165
Voidraven w/2 Dark Scythes & Missiles     165
Back to top Go down
UlrikTheSlayer
Hellion
UlrikTheSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination   The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Why Flayed Skull for the Airwing ? For the stratagem to +1 to hit Flyers and remove cover ? With AP -4 cover are not problems.
I believe that I would still go Black Heart for the Planes... as it means an average 2 HP more on each plane and make them more resilient.

I would remove the Dark Lance in troops and take a Splinter canon instead, you have enough Dark Lances.

Otherwise, nothing to say except you might lack some punch against horde but hell, Haywire works well on Hordes too Smile...your General could use of a blaster too even if he sits next to the ravagers.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination   The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 9:47 pm

3 ravagers and 4 fliers, that's a nasty amount of firepower. If knights are your main concern, pretty sure your list will do well, between the haywire, dark light weapons and disintigrators you've got all the firepower you need. Only thing I might change is drop the outrider detachment and just drop the succubus, don't think you need that extra cp that much.

Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination   The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 7:13 am

I sparred with my usual opponent this Sunday, Dark Angels gunline castling with Azrael and a few other force multipliers and bubbles like a Deredeo, Darkshroud, Lieutenant (re-roll 1s to wound), Ancient (shoot again on a 4+ if you die).

I wound up running both the Air Wing and Battalion as Black Heart, dropping the Razorwings' Dark Lances down to Disintegrators, switching the Voidravens' Scythes to Void Lances, and running the Overlord with a Blaster, and the list purred pretty well and was surprisingly resilient, even to the amount of heavy guns the Astartes were packing (this isn't a total surprise to me...we are not a good matchup for Astartes I find).

I did not roll many FnPs but where 6s failed me, Archon re-roll auras did me proud. The fliers obviously won't frequently be within the bubble but syncing up Kabals for the aura re-rolls just overall helped everything.

I will be dropping the Kabalite Dark Lance and probably the Overlord's Blaster too...having a Blaster is great but I've played enough games with a Writ of the Living Muse Warlord to know that she is typically only going to be firing that Blaster once the noose has really tightened around my opponent's neck.

There are two options I'm interested in:

1. Replacing the Succubus, Dark Lance and Blaster with Lelith Hesperax and 2 more Kabalites

2. Replacing 5 Scourges, Dark Lance and Blaster with 6 Reavers w/2 Grav Talons and 1 more Kabalite

I think Lelith is the way to go, though I'd definitely like to try the Red Grief Reavers at some point.

Lord Asvaldir I don't really know if I have a stronger option available for 55ish points besides 1 Succubus and 1 CP, but I'm really all ears, I'm sort of scratching my head here for an alternative and I'm probably overlooking something. Got any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination   The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 7:23 am

To interested parties:

Scourges were very effective at stripping vehicles of their wounds but also very, very squishy. They absolutely need to keep as much distance as they can from their selected target, and cover is very much their friend.

When deploying from deep strike, deploy with lots of caution and choose your target/s in advance, these are vultures that should circle a wounded straggler, not fierce aerial predators that can brazenly prey on the strong and healthy.

I was very happy with their performance though and I saw a lot of potential in them thanks to my big mistakes with their positioning. I got home and immediately sawed off their Lances and replaced with magnetized Haywire Blasters.

I ultimately think this is a poor man's Harlequins Outriders but I am that poor man, so I'm gonna make it work.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination   The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of the Sublime Extermination
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: