HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

3rd/5th edition grots, how to make them table friendly?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: 3rd/5th edition grots, how to make them table friendly?   Wed Jul 18 2018, 03:35

skip to next line to skip the backstory.
------------
okay so a few years back a friend was in a bind for cash and sold me an old school druk army.

im running a lot of old edition models and have been trying to figure out how to build decent detachments with what i have.

my weakest point is a lack of enough coven units to field my old school urien, having only 7 grots (3 of which i until recently thought were haemonculi lol)

in the last year i've really thrown some cash at it, and had a lot of fun painting (ive been on nighshift for awhile..) and picked up some namarti thralls to run as mandrakes, and a squad of scourges so i am finally in a spot to add a coven elite squad to the mix.
--------------
okay so b.s backstory aside, how do i make these old smaller base models play friendly? do i remove the smaller base and just slap them on the large base? should i order some bits from talos or wracks and spice them up and make it a bit more obvious what they are?

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 3rd/5th edition grots, how to make them table friendly?   Wed Jul 18 2018, 05:17

I'd use them as Wracks personally, but if you're set on keeping them as Grotesques then sticking them on larger bases should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 3rd/5th edition grots, how to make them table friendly?   Wed Jul 18 2018, 13:05

i have seen that suggested, but i don't really want wracks function wise.

right now ive got cult ( wyches, reavers, hellions) and kabal ( warriors, raiders, ravagers) so i need some scaryish meat to move up the center and draw fire. while wracks can do that the grots are just so much better at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd/5th edition grots, how to make them table friendly?   

Back to top Go down

3rd/5th edition grots, how to make them table friendly?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: