HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do tau suck?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Do tau suck?   Sun Jul 15 2018, 08:49

I just had my first 8th edition codex game and that poor guy got destroyed. Did tau get that bad or did i accidentally use a great list?

What works against us for tau?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Do tau suck?   Sun Jul 15 2018, 11:56

Tau don't necessarily suck, but they are not as overpowered as they once were.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Faitherun
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Do tau suck?   Sun Jul 15 2018, 14:23

Tau do not suck. They are not, however, and easy army to play. There is a lot of synergy that they can build, and there is a lot that they need to use in order to be good.

From the picture of your game I saw, I would say you did not face the best of lists. If your friend wants some advice on list building and strategies, the forum Advance Tau Tacitica is an excellent resource.

Tau, if built correctly, can put out a blistering amount of fire power. Consider that for about 300 pts they can take a Brigade of 3 10 man Firewarrior squads with Darkstrier and Fireblade. At 15 inches they can pump out about 90 shots, hitting on 4+ (and most likely re-rolling ones) at str 5. That kind of firebase to work with is very very strong in the right hands.

A tau army, however, must be built with a common theme in mind, used to that goal, and be able to recognize and mitigate the threats to their goal.

The below is a copy-paste from a post on that site, just the help demonstrate some of the thoughts and analysis that a some Tau players put into their list building.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Do tau suck?   Mon Jul 16 2018, 20:46

The popular Drukhari lists are pretty anti-T'au, so us vs them is always a rough matchup.

Also, take the quote Faitherun provided with a grain of salt, it's from a user over there on ATT who's completely full of crap.

For T'au against us, Y'vhara and Triptide setup, as well as HYMP. Velocity Trackers (piece of wargear that gives +1 to hit against fly keyword for those who don't play T'au). The current "meta" build for T'au is longstrike plus 3 more Hammerheads, which we absolutely destroy every time.

AzraeI
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Do tau suck?   Mon Jul 16 2018, 23:35

most people use firesight marksmen and cadre fire blades as their source of ml

everything with a -1 to hit give tau a hard time, nids eldar dark eldar ravenguard etc
if he has a anti vehicle list with a lot of railguns (hammerheads and broadsides can carry those) hes outmatched against us
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Do tau suck?   Tue Jul 17 2018, 00:59

Tau are really good. I just haven't seen many people use them well at all. They tend to just make parking lots instead of playing the movement game. Tau can move and do stuff. But I hardly ever see it happen

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Do tau suck?   Tue Jul 17 2018, 04:33

Idk about Tau but Tau players certainly do.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Do tau suck?   Wed Jul 18 2018, 17:24

@TeenageAngst wrote:
Idk about Tau but Tau players certainly do.

Haha - for the most part, I'd agree. Most Tau players (least those that played in 7th and earlier) seem to still be stuck in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do tau suck?   

Back to top Go down

Do tau suck?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: