HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Drukhari Kill Team Preview

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 17 2018, 03:35

I’ll withhold judgement until this time next year. Mandrakes could certainly get spun off in a stand alone sub faction in that time so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Cannonfodder
Slave
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2018-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 17 2018, 12:07

I wonder if GW is planing to allow Asuryani, Drukhari and Harlequins to mix. This would explain why the so far released Aeldari are very limited.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
avatar

Posts : 735
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 17 2018, 12:47

@Cannonfodder wrote:
I wonder if GW is planing to allow Asuryani, Drukhari and Harlequins to mix. This would explain why the so far released Aeldari are very limited.

They're not, they've confirmed in one of the rules previews that there's no soup.
Back to top Go down
Cannonfodder
Slave
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2018-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 17 2018, 15:12

affraid
Back to top Go down
hexxenwyrd
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 92
Join date : 2018-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 17 2018, 17:30

Yes that is one significant difference. Genestealers have 2 insignificant ones.

Kabalites have 4 extremely different options not counting sergeant, wyches have 3 different options not xoubting sergeants.

Nids need warriors to have synapse to make anythinh but Genestealers useable.
Their only option they have thats really more than drukari is lictors.
Certainly not the more than double the options implied by just listing unit types.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-10-09
Location : Atlanta, GA USA

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Thu Jul 19 2018, 22:43

I am really disappointed that we can't use Scourges, Incubi, Mandrakes, or Wracks. Seems like a really odd decision, given the apparent focus on stealth, infiltration, close combat, and snipers in Kill Team.

I was pumped about it before, but I don't really like Wyches and it seems like we basically have to use them.

It also seems really weird that Harlequins don't get Death Jesters and that there's no Ynnari. Even with no Ynnari soup, Harlequins should be allowed in either Craftworld or Drukhari. Really feels like the Eldar are getting the short end of the stick.

Hopefully it's only because they're trying to fit all the rules and stats for everything in one book, so anyone can play Kill Team without needing the 40k rulebook or any Codices, and that they will add more units with later supplements, like Rouge Trader.

_________________
~ Vael Galizur ~
"Dragonflame"
Rogue Princess of the Viridian Corsairs
(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
hexxenwyrd
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 92
Join date : 2018-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Thu Jul 19 2018, 23:02

So after reading some reviews, the kill teams including options, right now are limited to whats in the kill team boxes.

Its not a "take your models and build a team" tou build models for this team.

The basis for the rules seem good, but its a could use expansion. If we are lucky it could be like shadespire and They'll build up the game in the future.

If not, it a neet but smaller game which is good for people who don't want to invest in an army.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
avatar

Posts : 735
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Thu Jul 19 2018, 23:12

@hexxenwyrd wrote:
So after reading some reviews, the kill teams including options, right now are limited to whats in the kill team boxes.

Its not a "take your models and build a team" tou build models for this team.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this? We know that you can use models which aren't in the Kill Team boxes, otherwise you wouldn't be able to play as Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
hexxenwyrd
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 92
Join date : 2018-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Fri Jul 20 2018, 00:14

I mean the options you have available to use are those you can make from the kill team box.

If yoy are using your existing models you might need to proxy or counts as, because the options you currently have modeled might not be legal.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 456
Join date : 2013-10-20
Location : Toronto

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Fri Jul 20 2018, 05:38

I'm excited. Narratively I like 'just' having Kabalites and Wyches, it feels so much more focussed on the most grounded or realist kinds of characters that Drukhari have to offer.

I don't see Mandrakes and Incubi fitting in, they're just too powerful and exotic narratively to be Old J'oe the Demo Expert.

I'll probably be using them as NPCs in narrative campaigns I run with friends, but there's just something more gritty to a handful of Kabalites and a pair of Wyches dropped off by a Raider to sabotage a planet's defences at night or poison a water silo or something.

I get feeling let down, but I think there's an aesthetic and flavor they're going for with this game that is a little more 'mundane' and removed from mighty warlords and ethereal shadow fiends when it's able to be. I think the fun in kill team is going to be on the narrative side, a lot like Inquisitor was, embracing that might be worth considering for those feeling disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Cannonfodder
Slave
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2018-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Fri Jul 20 2018, 09:05

Grunts: 3 x Warrior with Splinter Rifle

Specialist: 1 x Warrior with Shredder

Sniper: 1 x Warrior with Dark Lance

Support: 1 x Warrior with Splinter Cannon

Assassin 1: 1 x Wych with Hydra Gauntlets

Assassin 2: 1 x Wych wit Razorflails

The twins: 1x Hecatrix with Agoniser, Splinter Pistol and Phantasm Grenade Launcher &
1x Sybarite with Power Sword, Blast Pistol,
Back to top Go down
WhatAHowl
Slave
avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2018-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Fri Jul 20 2018, 12:20

There's a picture of some of the Drukhari rules in the first preview Warhammer Community did (https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/05/5th-july-kill-team-the-game-youve-been-waiting-forgw-homepage-post-2/)

I can't make out what is written under the Combat Drugs section. Do we think each Wych will get to select a different drug, or will we have to pick one and apply it to all of our Wyches? The +Move drug seems like it'd be more important in Kill Team, given how small the board is!

_________________
...believe me, I am still alive.
I feel fantastic, and I'm still alive.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.
And when you're dying, I will be still alive.
And when you're dead, I will be still alive.


- Overheard muttering in the regeneration chambers of the Coven of the Gift Revealed
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Mistress Baeda's bed chamber

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Sat Jul 21 2018, 22:55

I'm working up a Kill Team that's basically a gang of Dark Eldar big game hunters - they go out into the galaxy and kill/capture all the elite fighters and monsters that the Dark City needs.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
avatar

Posts : 735
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Sun Jul 22 2018, 18:40

Clearer rules previews are floating around and there don't seem to be too many surprises for us.

A single combat drug applies to all the Wyches in your party, and is always determined by rolling a D6.

Both Kabalites and Wyches have all the options present in their boxes - Blasters, Dark Lances, Hydra Gauntlets, etc. Dark Lances are dirt cheap compared to 40k, they're only 4 points. Individual models range from 7-9 points (7 for Kabs, 8 for Wyches, +1 for specialists or leaders).
Back to top Go down
Cannonfodder
Slave
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2018-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Mon Jul 23 2018, 10:17

i guess I will field two Dark Lances then. Started work on my killteam yesterday!
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Mon Jul 23 2018, 10:54

S8 and Dd6 from DL might be overkill in a game with mostly 1-wound models.
A shredder, however, has just become a very viable alternative for our Gunners to take. If only I hadn't sacrificed them all to convert blasters...
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Mon Jul 23 2018, 18:43

@DingK wrote:
S8 and Dd6 from DL might be overkill in a game with mostly 1-wound models.
A shredder, however, has just become a very viable alternative for our Gunners to take. If only I hadn't sacrificed them all to convert blasters...

Not really. In Kill Team, dropping a model down to 0 wounds is not a guaranteed 'kill'. You get to make a roll for every point of damage you take (that reduces you to 0 wounds), with a 33% chance of it only being a 'flesh wound'. So, a DL hit on a one wound model that does 3 DMG = 3 rolls = more likely to actually put the model out of action.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 24 2018, 08:21

@krayd wrote:
@DingK wrote:
S8 and Dd6 from DL might be overkill in a game with mostly 1-wound models.
A shredder, however, has just become a very viable alternative for our Gunners to take. If only I hadn't sacrificed them all to convert blasters...

Not really. In Kill Team, dropping a model down to 0 wounds is not a guaranteed 'kill'. You get to make a roll for every point of damage you take (that reduces you to 0 wounds), with a 33% chance of it only being a 'flesh wound'. So, a DL hit on a one wound model that does 3 DMG = 3 rolls = more likely to actually put the model out of action.

I hate being the bearer of bad news, but that's incorrect. The injury roll is made when the model is reduced to 0 wounds, and it's a single roll. Any excess damage is lost.
That said, the injury roll is 50% without modifiers.
Back to top Go down
WhatAHowl
Slave
avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2018-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 24 2018, 10:29

@DingK wrote:
@krayd wrote:
@DingK wrote:
S8 and Dd6 from DL might be overkill in a game with mostly 1-wound models.
A shredder, however, has just become a very viable alternative for our Gunners to take. If only I hadn't sacrificed them all to convert blasters...

Not really. In Kill Team, dropping a model down to 0 wounds is not a guaranteed 'kill'. You get to make a roll for every point of damage you take (that reduces you to 0 wounds), with a 33% chance of it only being a 'flesh wound'. So, a DL hit on a one wound model that does 3 DMG = 3 rolls = more likely to actually put the model out of action.

I hate being the bearer of bad news, but that's incorrect. The injury roll is made when the model is reduced to 0 wounds, and it's a single roll. Any excess damage is lost.
That said, the injury roll is 50% without modifiers.

If this is true, what do we think about the use for multi-damage weapons? Could a dark lance have use as a kind of high-powered sniper rifle? To me, shredders and splinter cannons will be more important.

_________________
...believe me, I am still alive.
I feel fantastic, and I'm still alive.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.
And when you're dying, I will be still alive.
And when you're dead, I will be still alive.


- Overheard muttering in the regeneration chambers of the Coven of the Gift Revealed
Back to top Go down
Cannonfodder
Slave
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2018-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 24 2018, 12:22

My main reason for taking dark lances is the range and AP. The BS roll is modified by 1 if you go over half the weapons range. Sitting back with a shredder is hence no real option. If you want field control you have to cover some angels at high ranges.

The splinter cannon is a hot contender for that job in my opinion. Its high volume compensating for the reduced damageand AP.

Think of it like this:" what keeps the Space Marine Intercessor from stayingat 30" in cover and blasting away at you?"
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2013-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 24 2018, 12:34

Could be worthwhile if you see a lot of nids.

_________________
For Khaela Mensha Khaine!
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 24 2018, 16:28

@DingK wrote:


I hate being the bearer of bad news, but that's incorrect. The injury roll is made when the model is reduced to 0 wounds, and it's a single roll. Any excess damage is lost.
That said, the injury roll is 50% without modifiers.

According to the 'Rules 101' article on the Warhammer Community website:

"If a target is obscured, you subtract one from the roll, while if they’re already injured, you add one for every Flesh Wound they’ve suffered. Attacks with a damage characteristic larger than 1 will also cause multiple injuries – after all, getting hit with a lascannon stings a lot more than getting shot with a stubber."

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2013-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Tue Jul 24 2018, 16:56

That's the article I was looking for!
I thought I'd read that.

_________________
For Khaela Mensha Khaine!
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Wed Jul 25 2018, 08:02

@krayd wrote:
@DingK wrote:


I hate being the bearer of bad news, but that's incorrect. The injury roll is made when the model is reduced to 0 wounds, and it's a single roll. Any excess damage is lost.
That said, the injury roll is 50% without modifiers.

According to the 'Rules 101' article on the Warhammer Community website:

"If a target is obscured, you subtract one from the roll, while if they’re already injured, you add one for every Flesh Wound they’ve suffered. Attacks with a damage characteristic larger than 1 will also cause multiple injuries – after all, getting hit with a lascannon stings a lot more than getting shot with a stubber."


Alright, I'll withhold judgement till I have the book in hand. Either YouTube batreps have got it wrong, or Warhammer Community has made a mistake - either case wouldn't be a first.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   Thu Jul 26 2018, 19:35

Okay. I managed to actually get my hands on a (poor quality) scan of the rule book.

Here is how it works.

When you inflict damage on a model with a weapon that has multiple attacks, and you reduce the model to 0 wounds, any additional attacks made by that same weapon are ignored. So, for example, my warrior shoots your warrior with a splinter cannon 3 times, and the first shot goes unsaved. The other 2 shots are lost.

However...

If the damage characteristic of any attack that reduces the target's wounds to 0 is greater than 1, then you roll the number of dice on the injury table equal to the damage. So, if my warrior shoots your warrior with a dark lance and causes 4 damage, then you roll 4 dice on the injury table.

Another interesting tidbit: multi-shot weapons can split fire, as long as all of your targets are within 2" of each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Kill Team Preview   

Back to top Go down
 
Drukhari Kill Team Preview
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: