HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Coherency Rules?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Coherency Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Coherency Rules?   Coherency Rules? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2018, 00:30

Im pretty sure there are rules for unit coherency, I just can't find them! The whole question I had was... Can you remove casualties in a way that put you out of coherency? What happens if you can't move/pile in/consolidate to get unit coherency? where is this covered? I can't find it in the big book!
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Coherency Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coherency Rules?   Coherency Rules? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2018, 01:00

It actually took me a good while to find it!

Page 176 under Units it defines the vertical and horizontal distance models can be from each other, as well as answers, I believe, the rest of your questions.

In short, yes, you can remove models to break coherency, but the next time it moves it must re-establish coherency.
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Coherency Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coherency Rules?   Coherency Rules? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2018, 01:15

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Coherency Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coherency Rules?   Coherency Rules? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2018, 12:00

I saw an amusing battle report from Table Top Tactics where a unit of Horrors was holding two objectives on opposite sides of the board and the unit had lost heaps of models putting them way out of coherency. The ruling at that tournament was if they couldn't reach coherency with their full move then they couldn't move at all, resulting in the win being stolen from the Drukhari!

Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Coherency Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coherency Rules?   Coherency Rules? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2018, 12:41

I had a similar situation once with termagaunts, but we house ruled it that they had to try to establish coherency as fast as possible (walking to each other), since we felt it was stupid that having them further appart was actually an advantage since then they could just stay on the objectives instead of having to move to reestablish coherency, thus leaving 1 or both objectives.
I think it would be a fine rule to make units wihout coherency unable to contest objectives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coherency Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coherency Rules?   Coherency Rules? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coherency Rules?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-