HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Adding harlequins to a kabal competitive list: on foot or with a ride?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eldur
Sybarite

PostSubject: Adding harlequins to a kabal competitive list: on foot or with a ride?   Fri Jun 08 2018, 13:19

So I'm joining a league of 40k at my local store. The rules are preselected maelstrom missions and 3 player teams one against each other in 1vs1 battles. The thing is that we get the chance to choose opponents, following some rules, and that everyone will have 2 lists. My first list will be an Alliance of Agony with 3 patrols (BH, Strife, PoF), that I'll probably discuss on the army lists forum. For the second army I want something else, (I want to stay competitive but I also want the surprise effect and tactical options derived from variety), so I decided to bring some clowns to my BH batallion (2 archons, 3 gunboats, 2 ravagers).
The question is, I own a Troupe leader, 5 troupes, a death jester and a Shadowseer, but for the points I' m probably leaving the DJ at home. Should I give them a ride,.sacrificing the Seer? I have the time and cash to add a harlie transport.Though all battles will have lots of scenery (also LOS blocking elements), and we will get to decide our list just before the first roll off, so if I bring them on foot I will be able to adapt to the enemy codex.(not the list) and to the battlefield, and decide whether or not they will be safe enough. Your opinion?

Edit: I've read more about my options, and I'll probably field the troupe master and 5 players, all with embrace and fusion pistols, on a starweaver with the soaring spite masque and the option to get the Faoulchu wing for 1CP. 28" inch movement and then shooting 6 fusions in the enemy's face looks like a funny joke to me...
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Adding harlequins to a kabal competitive list: on foot or with a ride?   Wed Jun 13 2018, 17:17

I plan to run a Soaring Spite Vanguard detachment with a Shadowseer, 5 Players w/Embrace & Fusion Pistol, Starweaver, Solitaire, and 2 Death Jesters.

If you can't afford to go bigger than a Patrol I think you should try to take a Shadowseer instead of a Troupe Master.
Back to top Go down

Adding harlequins to a kabal competitive list: on foot or with a ride?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: