Share | 

Mandrakes in Venoms

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes in Venoms   Wed Jun 13 2018, 21:00

Not really, this isn't the thunderdome where two units enter, and one unit leaves, you have to consider the whole pool of points and how much investment you're putting forward. You're really only overpaying about 2 points per model. Over 5 models, that's 10 points out of your list that is "wasted".
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes in Venoms   Wed Jun 13 2018, 22:15

Look, if you really want to debate the merits of Trueborn, could you please create a separate thread for it?

It isn't even tangentially related to the topic of this thread.

withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes in Venoms   Wed Jun 13 2018, 23:17

A unit from the same slot, with roughly the same cost and with the same basic job as mandrakes in a venom is not even tangentially related to the topic. Fair enough. I'll leave you to continue doing whatever it is you think you are doing.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes in Venoms   Wed Jun 13 2018, 23:30

@withershadow wrote:
A unit from the same slot, with roughly the same cost and with the same basic job as mandrakes in a venom is not even tangentially related to the topic.  Fair enough.  I'll leave you to continue doing whatever it is you think you are doing.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And, yes, Trueborn were tangentially related when we were actually comparing them with Mandrakes. However, in case you haven't bothered reading your last 5 or so posts (and I wouldn't blame you for it), that's not even remotely what you've been arguing. All we've been doing is discussing whether Trueborn are overcosted and by how much. We've compared them to Scourges. We've compared them to Warriors. We've even compared them to Chosen, Havocs, and Devastators. But since this argument about cost broke out, neither of us have compared them to Mandrakes.

Hence why I said it is no longer even tangentially related. The thread is (or was) about Mandrakes in Venoms. Comparing them to Trueborn in Venoms is a related tangent. Discussing the price of Trueborn with no relation whatsoever to Mandrakes is another topic entirely.

The fact that you are apparently unwilling to create a topic for that particular discussion makes me thing all you really wanted here was to argue with someone.

withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes in Venoms   Wed Jun 13 2018, 23:33

You seem ridiculously angry over nothing. I challenged one of your base assertions which you admit stems from some irrational internal bias against index options. I provided a counter-point, triggering a series of increasingly apoplectic diatribes. I was going to go, but now I'm going to stay and watch you spas a while longer.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes in Venoms   Thu Jun 14 2018, 00:11

@withershadow wrote:
You seem ridiculously angry over nothing. I challenged one of your base assertions which you admit stems from some irrational internal bias against index options. I provided a counter-point, triggering a series of increasingly apoplectic diatribes.

lol!

Angry? No, I just see no point in remaining civil with you. You've made it clear that you have no intention of extending me the same courtesy, and frankly it takes far more effort to edit the snark out of my posts than to just leave it in.

That said, if you want to think of my posts as being angry, go nuts. Hell, imagine me screaming my posts words into your eardrums like a Dalek for all I care.

As for the rest of that drivel, you want to link me to the place where all these challenges and counter-points are located? Because I've yet to see any from you in this thread. All I've seen is you thus far is a cavalcade of nonsensical rubbish, contradictory statements, blatant refusal to adhere to the thread topic, and goalposts moved so far that they ended up in a different country. Even more strangely, your posts are chock full of ego-stroking and condescension, as if you think that terrible arguments should be a source of pride.  

@withershadow wrote:
I was going to go

Keep telling yourself that.

@withershadow wrote:
but now I'm going to stay and watch you spas a while longer.

Does that mean you won't be participating in the sparring anymore?

Because it would be just awful if this thread were allowed to get back to topic. Rolling Eyes

withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes in Venoms   Thu Jun 14 2018, 06:06

Nice list of buzzwords, I see you learned your debating technique from YouTube comment sections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes in Venoms   

Back to top Go down

Mandrakes in Venoms
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: