HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PowerFromPain71
Hellion

PostSubject: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 02:55

Hey, everyone. This is a fun 2,000 point list that I’m currently building and, I’m wondering, if it has the potential to be competitive as well. So, I’ve decided to turn to the fine people in our community for comments and critiques. Both are welcome. Here’s the list:

Drukhari Kabal of the Obsidian Rose 2,000 Point List

1st Patrol Detachment

HQ
Archon
Venom- 2 splinter cannons

Troops

Kabalite Warriors- 5, blaster, Venom with 2 splinter cannons

Heavy Support

Ravager- 3 disintegrators

2nd Patrol Detachment

HQ
Archon

Troops

Heavy Support

3rd Patrol Detachment

HQ
Archon

Troops

Heavy Support

Airwing Detachment

Razorwing Jetfighter- splinter cannon, 2 disintegrators

Army Total- 1,995 Points

I went with the Obsidian Rose to maximize the amount of shooting I can pour into the enemy. And I went with the three patrol detachment to get the command point bonus. Let me know what everyone thinks. Have a good one.
Back to top Go down
Henning
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 03:35

You will get more CP’s if you make a battalion with 2 archons and your troops, a spearhead with an archon and you ravagers and the airwing. You will have 2 extra CP’s without changing anything in your list
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 03:37

I didn’t think of that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 03:54

Or you could drop an Archon and just go Battalion and Airwing.

I see special weapons as the major benefit of Obsidian Rose, so I would prefer Raiders with two Blasters (or Shredders) rather than Venoms. Obsidian Rose Archons without Blasters also seem wrong, although you might have a feeling about it not being right using an Index option.

If you don't change anything, but do the rearrangement Henning suggests, then Flayed Skull probably makes more sense for your army, as the movement boost will cancel most of the range advantage for Obsidian Rose, and the splinter fire will get a significant boost. You could choose Black Heart the Spearhead for the extra save on the Ravagers too.

Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 05:10

I debated going with the Flayed Skulls as well, but I thought the extra range was more of an advantage. I’ll try both an see which works better.
Back to top Go down
Henning
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 06:10

My army composition is similar to yours and I still have an ongoing debate with myself whether I should choose flayed skull or obsidian rose on the battalion. I feel flayed skull is more aggressive and obsidian rose more defensive as you can stay out of charge range of most things.

I have only played obsidian rose thus far and have not been disapointed

Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 06:53

I feel like venom spam should definetly be played as flayed skull. 18" rapid fire changed to 21" rapid fire isn't bad, but it's a marginal difference. Rerolling 1s to hit and ignoring cover though on that very large amount of splinter cannon fire you have is a huge difference, especially the ignoring cover will really let you get more mileage out of the ton of splinter cannons you have. Plus having all your venoms boosted up to 19" is sweet, with that extra speed range isn't a huge issue since you have a lot of board control.

As others have mentioned you can also drop an archon and shift around the pts, maybe consolidate the two archons into one venom and grab a ssylth or two to keep your warlord safe.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 07:15

For venom spam I would also go for flayed skull. The ingoring cover is in my opinion much better for our splinter weapons, as they already have 0 armor pen. And the movement bonus will compensate for the loss of firing range.

And as already mentioned I would always put some cheaper model in the same venom as your archons. Or let the archons on foot and put warriors with blasters in all your venoms (if you use blasters on your archon forget this. But I don't like using index options).
Back to top Go down
Henning
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 13:09

The extra movement on the flayed skull can not be compared to the 6” on obsidian rose as it has no effect on your cc defense. A venom that is 18” to the enemy is likely to be charged by the units you do not want to be charged by. Being 21” or 24” away is much better vs a cc orientated army.

We are mobile enough that range for offense is not really a concideration. It’s all about defense imo
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Wed May 16 2018, 17:27

Yes but if I'm more effective at killing things, then I don't need the extra range for the cc defense. Even without flayed skull venoms have the mobility to move into an area, obliterate the target with massed ignoring cover poison shots with a few rerolls than move on.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Thu May 17 2018, 00:38

My dice don’t allow me to “move into an area with a venom and obliterate a unit”
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Sat May 19 2018, 19:43

You guys have given me a lot to think about. I’ll have to try out both obsessions and see which one works best.
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Sat May 19 2018, 23:10

Yeah, if you have as many splinter weapons as you do then Flayed Skull is probably a better choice than Obsidian Rose. In my eyes Obsidian Rose is better for Raider lists.
Back to top Go down
Henning
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   Sat May 19 2018, 23:22

I won a tournament yesterday with Obsidian Rose (venoms and ravagers). Tabled Alaitoc and Raven guard and my chaos opponent had 1 cultist left at the end of turn 5. All my opponents hugged cover for most of the game. Obsidian rose helped me to stay out of rapid fire range of the cultist blobs and out of charge range of the demon princes.

Personally, I don’t think I would have won with flayed skull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List   

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Obsidian Rose- 2,000 Point List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-