HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Wracks against Guard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elfric
Hellion

PostSubject: Wracks against Guard   Sat May 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi all. I've recently just got three units of wracks and I want to run them this week in a game I've got against a Guard army. I am unsure whether to run them as Prophets of the Flesh with Urien Rakarth, two pain engines and a Cronus. Or run them as Dark Creed with a regular hameonculus with a stinger pistol.

I was going to put two units in two venom and footslog the others behind the advancing engines.

Is 4++ or leadership bombs going to be more effective here?
Back to top Go down
Elfric
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Wracks against Guard   Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm also running an outsider detachment of one red grief Succubus with 10 bikes, 3 grav talons and a battalion of black heart Kabalites, Ravager, void raven, dark lances and blasters etc
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Wracks against Guard   Sat May 05, 2018 8:30 pm

I'm not a big fan of the leadership freak show. Only when you create an entire army around that setting. Otherwise it's too little, too late.

I guess.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Wracks against Guard   Sat May 05, 2018 9:27 pm

My vote is for Prophets. The 4++ is just too good. The only time I don't play my covens stuff as Prophets is when I want the Esoteric Kill stratagem for my Tantalus and even then it's a toughie.

The problem with Urien and Wracks is his +1S aura doesn't do anything for them due to their poison weapons. He's kind of a Grotesque/Talos guy. A regular Haemonculus might be a better fit. They're better in melee than Urien too.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Wracks against Guard   Sun May 06, 2018 5:18 am

Yeah PoF seems like the go to choice for covens, you're just always going to be glad you took that trait while dark creed requires you building a list around it and coven of twelve is handy but just not as good I think. Plus if you use alliance of agony PoF has an amazing warlord trait that pays off the stratagem.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wracks against Guard   Sun May 06, 2018 7:47 am

Hum if you go wracks heavy i have the feeling thats Convent of Twelves could be a good choice, wracks are tough but thats all with POF
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Wracks against Guard   Sun May 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Dont forget, once per turn you can teleport a Wrack unit as PoF, putting 10 Wracks out of LoS on their flank or even behind them will force them to remaneuver their army or at least 2-3 units to deal with them, b.c if they dont they will have Wracks charging tanks.

PoF Coven is the way to go vs Guard for sure

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wracks against Guard   Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Given that all units are classed as having a close combat weapon, prophet wracks near Urien can use their base strength to wound guard on 3's
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Wracks against Guard   Sun May 06, 2018 6:38 pm

@Mikoneo wrote:
Given that all units are classed as having a close combat weapon, prophet wracks near Urien can use their base strength to wound guard on 3's

This ^

I actually like Wracks in a more Pure Coven, i've done it a few times with 20 wracks, i REALLY need 10 more, but cant order them, as i used my other 10 as bits lol (they were 1st round finecast and all broke anyways)

They teleport 10 Wracks to the flanks in just insanely good, especially on a table with good terrain.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down

Wracks against Guard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics