HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

2k Competitive List

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: 2k Competitive List   Fri May 04 2018, 21:20

Thinking of how I'd like to expand this list up to 2000 points, and would appreciate any thoughts. This is just for general tournament play, not building towards any event in specific, although I'm assuming that most will be running the restriction that you can't take any detachment type more than once. So;

Alaitoc Battalion
Farseer Skyrunner (Doom, Executioner, Warlord - Fate's Messenger, The Phoenix Gem, Singing Spear)
Warlock Skyrunner (Protect/Jinx, Witchblade)
5 x Rangers
5 x Rangers
5 x Rangers
Hemlock Wraithfighter (Horrify)

Flayed Skull Spearhead
Archon (Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade)
5 x Kabalite Warriors (Blaster, PGL)
5 x Mandrakes
5 x Scourges (4 x Haywire Blasters)
Ravager (3 x Dark Lances)
Ravager (3 x Dark Lances)
Ravager (3 x Disintegrator Cannons)
Venom (2 x Splinter Cannons)
Razorwing Jetfighter (2 x Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon)
Razorwing Jetfighter (2 x Disintegrator Cannons, Splinter Cannon)

So that's the list; it comes to 1999 points. Let me run through some of my ideas here.

• I've stuck with Kabal representation because, honestly, it's still what fits my playstyle best. I like Cult's speed but they don't hit hard enough for my tastes; Coven are amazing but they're not mobile enough for me.
  • Even with the Codex, I don't find our HQ choices very useful, so I've aimed to absolutely minimise how many I have to take. With just one I can still use them as a hit-reroll bubble for the Ravagers, or I can push them up the field as a distraction.
  • Psychic powers are good. We don't get access to psychic powers natively. So, Craftworlders. Doom and Jinx are nice to take out any deathstars, but the Hemlock is another way to deal with large units - its aura combined with Horrify and a PGL will be giving -4 to Leadership, which can be brutal in the right circumstances.
  • Negative modifiers to hit are also great, which is why almost everything has them. The Rangers in particular make for massively obnoxious objective campers, with -2 to be hit and +2 from cover saves.
  • I like Venoms, but without a fourth Kabalite squad I'm not sure what the fourth one will be doing. It might be carrying the Mandrakes, or, if I'd prefer to deep strike them, it might just go empty.

Any comments or criticisms?
Back to top Go down
Lord Xelian
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competitive List   Mon May 07 2018, 17:19

hi, in my opinion it isn't really worth take the second splinter cannon on venoms, the double splinter rifle is free and is more or less the same and you have 10x4 more points to spend. second thing i will advice you to try scourges with shredders, they did fine in my last games.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competitive List   Mon May 07 2018, 17:45

@Lord Xelian wrote:
hi, in my opinion it isn't really worth take the second splinter cannon on venoms, the double splinter rifle is free and is more or less the same and you have 10x4 more points to spend. second thing i will advice you to try scourges with shredders, they did fine in my last games.

I know that double Splinter Cannons on Venoms is still pretty divisive, but my experience is that giving them 50% more shots at 18 inches for just 10 points is massively beneficial.

I haven't given Scourge Shredders a go yet - they're on my list! I'm just worried that they won't really fill a niche, considering that this list doesn't feel like it has a hard time dealing with infantry anyways.

Thanks for the thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competitive List   Mon May 07 2018, 18:04

Drop the splinter cannons on venoms, find another 50 points and add an arcon. That gives you a battalion, and another 5 cp rather than 1. With our stratagems, you want at least 12.

Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competitive List   Mon May 07 2018, 18:08

I already have a battalion in this list and I'm prepping for events that don't allow you to run more than one of each detachment type (e.g., the London GT, which I unfortunately can't go to this year).

If things change and two are allowed, then yes, it's very easy to upgrade this to a double battalion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competitive List   

Back to top Go down

2k Competitive List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: