HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zyrael
Slave

PostSubject: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Fri May 04 2018, 15:39

So I've had a dozen Drukhari items on notify when back in stock since AUGUST. None have come back. In fact the US selection is only ever shrinking, nothing comes back ever. I recently got a copy pasta answer from the FB community page essentially confirming the US isn't a priority and probably will never get stock again.

Is there some entrepreneurial minded Brit out there who wants to run an export service? Because the UK site gets 5x daily restocks.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Fri May 04 2018, 15:43

Have you tried ordering from UK based gaming stores and asking if they ship to the US?
Back to top Go down
Zyrael
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Fri May 04 2018, 15:52

The couple that seem to charge ridiculous prices.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Fri May 04 2018, 16:04

What models aren't shipping in the US currently?
Back to top Go down
Zyrael
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Fri May 04 2018, 16:09

@Burnage wrote:
What models aren't shipping in the US currently?

It's faster to list the models that are available:

New Start Collecting
Ravager
Raider
Razorwing Jetfighter
Old Start Collecting
Wyches
Succubus
Archon
Lelith
Lhamaean

Not a single thing from the Coven range.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Fri May 04 2018, 16:21

Huh. That explains a bit of an odd situation I had. Ordered a Clawed Fiend last July to be shipped in to my FLGS (League discounts for the win) and promptly forgot about it. It didn't arrive till last month.

Ebay, I've found, is a good place to start for picking up models, and third party sellers (even big name brands like Walmart) often carry official kits online (at least the Start Collecting sets).
Back to top Go down
Zyrael
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Fri May 04 2018, 16:33

Chinacast assembled painted wracks are averaging $160 for 5 on ebay... that's the only way to buy them in the US.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Fri May 04 2018, 20:36

i think they got swamped with demand. i just bought a whole wave of this stuff a few weeks ago (new start collecting, old start collecting, ravager, succubus) and am still waiting on my scourges (been almost 3 weeks now)

try looking at stores in canada, the shipping might end up being cheaper than from uk.
Back to top Go down
Tzelok
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Fri May 04 2018, 22:07

I’m in Canada and it’s 100% the same here. I was able to get a few talos and scourges but absolutely zero luck with wracks

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 05 2018, 00:35

Scourges came back into stock for like 20 minutes, and were gone again. I regret not buying three-four Talos engines when they were still available (first week or so of codex release people were crap on Coven). They did restock Ravagers, though.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 05 2018, 07:33

Wracks are (or were, I haven't checked in a week or two) unavailable in the UK too.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 05 2018, 08:36

Wracks are back in the UK because I bought a unit recently
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 05 2018, 12:21

Oh right, still sold out on the GW website. I checked after posting!

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 05 2018, 18:58

Its not permanent, its just that DE is low on there list to make and they already are behind.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Elfric
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 05 2018, 21:13

Yellabelly are you in the UK? Wracks are definitely back on the GW menu
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 05 2018, 21:55

Yep definitely UK, and definitely not available via the web store. They don't show as out of stock until you click on them or try to add to basket. They might be available again via 3rd party stockists or store shelves, but not the webstore.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sun May 06 2018, 06:18

I ordered a unit of wracks at the same time as pre-ordering the codex through my FLGS (UK) and didn't get them until this week.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Mon May 07 2018, 03:28

Ravagers and Sslyth(though they sold out quickly) were both recently restocked in the US, I ordered both as soon as I received their restock e-mails.

They're slowly restocking in bits and pieces, they're just mostly selling out same day.
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Mon May 07 2018, 17:05

A GW US customer service rep told me some DE items are in the process of having their packaging updated, is all.

All it'd take to explain the current stock situation is that the order for the new packages got delayed.

Let's assume GW intended to release the new packages in conjunction with the codex. Makes sense, right? They would naturally stop placing restock orders with their manufacturer for the old packages.

If the new packaging was delayed (maybe a plant issue, or the order had to be deprioritized in favor of some other problematic order, or old-fashioned bad planning), then suddenly the timing of the codex release couldn't be more inconvenient, at least from a logistical perspective: their supply chain hiccups precisely when the codex generates a huge spike in DE demand.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Tue May 08 2018, 00:25

Has been a pain trying to find wracks down here in NZ, seems like GW have made a huge chunk of DE models direct order only now so all third parties no longer stock them. Will just be keeping an eye out for a restock email.

ligolski
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Tue May 08 2018, 00:58

Having the same. problem with wracks via frontline gaming.
Back to top Go down
Midnight_Fox
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Tue May 08 2018, 14:26

Wracks back in stock in US as of this morning.
Back to top Go down
ASadisticRug
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 12 2018, 10:46

Are Wracks available anywhere atm?

Ikol
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 12 2018, 12:43

Australia.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   Sat May 12 2018, 15:35

scourges came back in stock last night
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?   

Back to top Go down

Models permanently unavailable in US... solutions?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: