HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nogrim
Hellion

PostSubject: What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?   Wed Apr 25 2018, 10:05

what is the best obsession for three ravagers hanging back with an archon and 3x darklances each ?

initially i though flayed skull for the ignore cover, however im rethinking that as the ravagers arent really taking full advantage of it with no rapid fire weapons.

rest of list is cult of red grief, reavers/hellions/wyches, and poison tongue with a kabalite horde (50)

im thinking black heart just for the strategems alone and the insensible to pain is just a plus.
what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?   Wed Apr 25 2018, 10:07

Black heart for the relics and the 6+++ i see no reason for other choice
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?   Wed Apr 25 2018, 11:28

For the sake of completeness, these are your options for benefits to Ravagers:

Obsessions:
Black Heart - feel no pain save
Flayed Skull - additional movement and ignore cover
Poisoned Tongue - no benefit
Obsidian Rose - additional range

Stratagems:
Black Heart - cancel key opposing stratagem
Flayed Skull - hit bonus against FLY
Poisoned Tongue - potential redeployment
Obsidian Rose - no benefit

Relics:
Black Heart - reroll 1s to wound aura
Others - no benefit

Black Heart is the obvious choice, typically with an Archon babysitting the Ravagers with the relic to reroll 1s to hit and to wound (approximately a one third damage increase for the Ravagers).

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?   Wed Apr 25 2018, 11:37

I think that there's definitely an argument to be made for Flayed Skull Ravagers, especially if you're fighting a very mobile opponent. That 17" movement alone can keep them out of a lot of potential trouble.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?   Wed Apr 25 2018, 11:51

BlackHeart.
You get the trait for taking more CP
You get the relic for rerolls of 1 to wound
Now you have 3 Ravager with rerolls of 1 both to hit and to wound. If you're afraid about losing them at first turn, just Screaming Jets x3 for all of them (and roll 3 dice for the trait, 50% you get 1 CP back), and that's it.

If I really will not play BH (and I can't say why), Flayed Skull into Dissy Ravager is the second best option imho.

But seriously, that BH Spearhead get so many bonusses to don't skip it.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?   Wed Apr 25 2018, 13:10

Don’t think you can do that with screaming Jets. Archon has to be on the table to use Labyrinthine Cunning, Jets happen before the game.
Back to top Go down
Rashkasha
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?   Wed Apr 25 2018, 13:52

Screaming Jets is during deployment, so if you place the Archon first, then use screaming jets on a Ravager, you can roll to see if you get your CP back.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?   Wed Apr 25 2018, 20:44

okay thanks for confirming what i suspected.

i plan to use a lot of deployment shenaningans early on so those rolling to get those back early will make a big difference.

screaming jets
insidious misdirection
and then scourges or mandrakes in the sky/dark

ive got a lot of small cult units to get my 50% unit#/points so it should be fun being able to rearrange about 50% of my troops after my enemy has finshed setting up.
Back to top Go down

What is the best obsession for a heavy support detachment?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: