HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

2k Competative (New/Return player)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
upsidedownindividual
Slave
upsidedownindividual

2k Competative (New/Return player) Empty
PostSubject: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 02:34

Hi Folks,

My first attempt at a Drukhari army after reading a lot of the how to guides, and reviews of their codex/choices. I haven't played since 5th, and have never played Dark Eldar/Drukhari (Though I have played Eldar). Would love some C&C on how this looks.

Battalion Detatchment +5CP (Kabal: Flayed Skull)

H.Q.

Archon – 86pts
- Huskblade (Djinn Blade Artefact)
- Blaster Pistol

Archon – 76pts
- Huskblade
- Splinter Pistol

Troop

Kabalite Warriors – 47pts
- 5 Models
- Blaster
- Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

- 5 Models
- Blaster

- 5 Models
- Blaster

- 5 Models
- Blaster

Transport

Venom – 65pts
- 1 Splinter Cannon
- Twin Splinter Rifle

Venom – 65pts
- 1 Splinter Cannon
- Twin Splinter Rifle

Venom – 65pts
- 1 Splinter Cannon
- Twin Splinter Rifle

Venom – 65pts
- 1 Splinter Cannon
- Twin Splinter Rifle

Flyer

Razorwing Jetfighter - 135pts
- 2 Disintegrator Cannon
- Twin Splinter Rifle
- Razorwing Missiles

Spearhead Detatchment +1CP (Kabal: Black Heart)

H.Q

Archon – 76pts
- Huskblade
- Splinter Pistol
- Writ of the Living Muse (Artefact)
- Labrynth Cunning (Warlord Trait)

Heavy Support

Ravager – 140pts
- 3 Dark Lance

Ravager – 125pts
- 3 Disintegrator Cannon

Ravager – 125pts
- 3 Disintegrator Cannon

Flyers

Void Raven Bomber – 165pts
- 2 Void Lance
- Voidraven Missile

Void Raven Bomber – 165pts
- 2 Void Lance
- Voidraven Missile

Patrol Detatchment (Cult: Cursed Blade)

H.Q.

Succubus – 50pts
- Archite Glaive
- Splinter Pistol

Troop

Wyches – 45pts
- 5 Models
- 1 Shardnet and Impaler

Fast Attack

Reavers - 308pts
- 12 Reavers
- 4 Grav-Talon
- 4 Blaster

Total: 2000pts, 9CP (-1 for 2nd Relic, totalling 8CP)

Thank you for any help and advice Smile
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 14:12

Looks good but why not put your 3 flyers in an air wing detachment and grab an extra CP rather than spreading them out?
Back to top Go down
upsidedownindividual
Slave
upsidedownindividual

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 15:14

Two main reasons. First off I already have 3 detachments, the cap for most tournaments. Secondly, the Voidravens benefit from the 6+++ of the Kabal, whilst the Razorwing benefits a lot from Flayed Skull stratagems
Back to top Go down
63Jl9lK
Slave
63Jl9lK

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 16:32

Looks decent, personally I'd change those:
1. 1cp for Djin Blade in 90% shooting army looks like a waste to me.
2. You might consider getting few PGLs to enable option of corresponding stratagem usage. (~ -12pts)
3. For utility HQs I'd prefer to remove Blast Pistol (10pts), take Venom Blades (8pts)  and Shardnet&Impaler (-5pts) (the best thing you can expect from Succubus backing up your army is to tie up some unit and hopefully hold on for 1 battle round).
4. It would feel safer to me to use Venoms with max available for Blasters range which is 18 therefore getting Splinter Cannons would worth 4 3+ shots with re-rolling of 1s for 10pts. (-40pts)
5.0 I am not sure of Reaver's role in your army, this is an amazing unit, but it's fairly expensive, assuming you got no extra transport for your non-re-roll-bots HQs nor for wyches, which makes them half-effective, you are paying 403 points to fit that role. You could take Vanguard/Outrider with ~20.Mandrakes/~2-3.well-armed.Scourges which both have access to free deepstrike and can be used in almost any way imaginable and get Prophets of Flesh Haemonculus with Diabolical Soothsayer for free (D3-1) cps from Alliance of Agony. Along with those units you could also save few points for what I mentioned in #2 and #4.
5.1 If you still like the idea of Reavers you should probably use Red Grief (awesomeness(26" Move + Rerollable Charge)) over Cursed Blade (+1Str which gives Reavers literally nothing as Bladevanes is fixed 4Str and morale thing which shouldnt be triggered too often for expensive 5T 2W models).
Those're my 2 cents, ideas to think of, though I am far from pro, mistakes might have been included Razz
Back to top Go down
Crixalis
Hellion
Crixalis

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 17:31

I'd suggest splitting the Reavers into two units of 6. Eviscerating flyby is cool but it's not game changing. Two units of Reavers means they can run around and tie up different vehicles/units without losing too much efficiency. If you're being competitive, that's way better than 1 gimmick play.

Ditch the Blasters on the Reavers, lose the wyches and get a unit of Haywire Scourges. They will do a million times better at hurting tanks than the Reavers would have done, considering you need to get them in combat ASAP. Doing this gives you 3 Fast Attack options so you can turn it into an Outrider detachment for +1 CP.

You should also choose Red Grief any time you consider taking Reavers. It's not like you have enough wyches to make the +1 Str from Cursed Blade that good. If you take Red Grief you should switch the Djinn Blade out for a Blood Glaive on the Succubus. Point for Point, a Blood Glaive succubus is our best Duelist, give her a blast pistol and +1 A Drugs for good measure.

As for the Kabal section, Husk Blade Archons are great in combat if they have to be, no need to overprice them by giving them anything else though.

If you're foot slogging them remember that it's not that hard to keep up with a Venom Gunline if you pace them accordingly, and Archons already have a re-roll 1's to hit aura. Flayed Skull is great but if you play your Archons close to the Venoms the Obsession loses a lot of its appeal. If you want to play that way, consider changing to Poisoned Tongue for Re-rolls to 1's to hit AND to wound as long as an Archon is nearby. Now that's scary stuff.

Also remember they can reroll 1's to wound with their Huskblades as well, not just poison melee weapons.
Back to top Go down
upsidedownindividual
Slave
upsidedownindividual

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 06:12

Looks decent, personally I'd change those:
@63Jl9lK wrote:
1cp for Djin Blade in 90% shooting army looks like a waste to me.
Originally, I had Sslyth guards with him to eat the wounds and sit on objectives but dropped them. I will swap this out to another relic. Probably the 4+inv armour for the Flayed Skull archon or the deny the witch helm, depending who I am facing
@63Jl9lK wrote:
You might consider getting few PGLs to enable option of corresponding stratagem usage. (~ -12pts)
This is a good idea! I watched some battle reports on YouTube and have seen how useful they are in this edition.
@63Jl9lK wrote:
For utility HQs I'd prefer to remove Blast Pistol (10pts), take Venom Blades (8pts) and Shardnet&Impaler (-5pts) (the best thing you can expect from Succubus backing up your army is to tie up some unit and hopefully hold on for 1 battle round).
I’ve seen simple 50pt Succubus with this build chew through enemy units on her own, she is also a great distraction carnifex. The blaster pistol is flexible points as I had 10 spare, it can easily be moved as I need
Back to top Go down
upsidedownindividual
Slave
upsidedownindividual

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 06:38

@Crixalis wrote:
I'd suggest splitting the Reavers into two units of 6. Eviscerating flyby is cool but it's not game changing. Two units of Reavers means they can run around and tie up different vehicles/units without losing too much efficiency. If you're being competitive, that's way better than 1 gimmick play.

The Reavers aren’t just for Fly by or the Mortal Wounds. They are a 24 wound, Toughness 5 unit with a decent save, that can charge first turn. Slitting them in two means I lose +1t on one unit, and makes them easier to focus. Though I will playtest once I have all the models and see how it goes with 12 vs 2x6

@Crixalis wrote:
Ditch the Blasters on the Reavers, lose the wyches and get a unit of Haywire Scourges. They will do a million times better at hurting tanks than the Reavers would have done, considering you need to get them in combat ASAP. Doing this gives you 3 Fast Attack options so you can turn it into an Outrider detachment for +1 CP.
Scourges are 92 for the Haywire Blaster squad, not bad, but I’m not sure I am a fan of them. Though I will try a unit when I test the 2x6 Reaver build

@Crixalis wrote:
You should also choose Red Grief any time you consider taking Reavers. It's not like you have enough wyches to make the +1 Str from Cursed Blade that good. If you take Red Grief you should switch the Djinn Blade out for a Blood Glaive on the Succubus. Point for Point, a Blood Glaive succubus is our best Duelist, give her a blast pistol and +1 A Drugs for good measure.

They are supposed to be Red Grief, that was a typo!

@Crixalis wrote:
As for the Kabal section, Husk Blade Archons are great in combat if they have to be, no need to overprice them by giving them anything else though.

True, I dropped them to venom Blades as I just want them sitting on objectives. This may change if I face a lot of MEQ though.

[quote="Crixalis"]If you're foot slogging them remember that it's not that hard to keep up with a Venom Gunline if you pace them accordingly, and Archons already have a re-roll 1's to hit aura. Flayed Skull is great but if you play your Archons close to the Venoms the Obsession loses a lot of its appeal. If you want to play that way, consider changing to Poisoned Tongue for Re-rolls to 1's to hit AND to wound as long as an Archon is nearby. Now that's scary stuff. [//quote]
The Archons will most likely be going for objectives as they can move super-fast. The only one buffing will be the Ravager Archon
Back to top Go down
Crixalis
Hellion
Crixalis

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 09:48

@upsidedownindividual wrote:

The Reavers aren’t just for Fly by or the Mortal Wounds. They are a 24 wound, Toughness 5 unit with a decent save, that can charge first turn. Slitting them in two means I lose +1t on one unit, and makes them easier to focus. Though I will playtest once I have all the models and see how it goes with 12 vs 2x6

Of course, Play testing is always best. From my own experience, T 5 is the best option but it's not going to save you when your sat in the middle of their whole army. You're correct in that the First Turn charge is their best aspect. Once they achieve that your opponent is going to blast them, which is still good for you because the rest of your army is free to move up.

What I'm saying is don't expect more than a handful of Reavers to survive after your turn 1 suicide charge, T 5 or not. And that being the case I've found it more useful to assault two prime shooty targets and deny them both a round of shooting.

Scourges are 92 for the Haywire Blaster squad, not bad, but I’m not sure I am a fan of them. Though I will try a unit when I test the 2x6 Reaver build

They're not a must have but they're very reliable in their damage output. Any already damaged vehicle isn't going to make it, whereas a Darklance Ravager is not unlikely to whiff. Also if you ever face a super heavy or some necrons you'll be happy you brought them.

On the flip side if all you play against is Nids and Hordes, they're absolute garbage. In that case bring shredders instead.

The Archons will most likely be going for objectives as they can move super-fast. The only one buffing will be the Ravager Archon

That's perfectly fine too. I just feel like I'm paying an Obsession tax when all my Archons do is camp objectives. They're good at it for sure, but so are 10x Wracks who have T4 standard, Ob. Sec. and are 50 points cheaper stock. Mix in a Prophets of Flesh Haemy and now they're T5, 4++ for only 20 points more than the Archons.
Back to top Go down
upsidedownindividual
Slave
upsidedownindividual

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 11:10

I don't mind if the Bikes are target one. 16 wounds before the 'good stuff' starts getting hit, and it means less fire on my Ravagers, Fliers and Venoms allowing me better board control. I've tried to go for a target saturation problem when the opponent decides to shoot at me.

I'll Give them a try at some point, as I like the models, and the kit is a good way to get blasters!

I agree, Archons feel like a tax when sitting objectives, but require an investment if we want them to do more (in Fun play i will mess about with a melee focused Archon with some Incubiu and Sslyth ina raider for fun)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Competative (New/Return player)   2k Competative (New/Return player) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Competative (New/Return player)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: