Using Index

Go down 
AuthorMessage
63Jl9lK
Slave
63Jl9lK

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 12:30

I've read some people using index datasheets for some units, like Blasterborn/Archon with blasters and some others. Mustn't we use abilities and weapon profiles from those datasheets aswel in that case (LD aura/D3 dmg Blaster)?
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 13:26

there is a flowchart on what things from the index you can use and it states that models can use wargear that was in the index, but is not available to them in the codex, so the index archon can take the new blaster
and trueborn are a index only entry which you can also include since the codex has no rule for them
Back to top Go down
63Jl9lK
Slave
63Jl9lK

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 13:40

So if i take index Archon with codex Blaster, will index archon still share his Ld or re-roll 1s to Hit? Cause it sounds most like: you can mix it any way you like.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 15:15

you can give the new archon the wargear from the index, but the wargear has the codex rules
Using Index IndexOrCodex
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych
dumpeal

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 15:18

That flowchart is the worst idea GW ever had. And talking about GW, it mean A LOT.
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 15:27

According to the flowchart, if you want to take an Arxhon with a Blaster, you're allowed to. You take the Codex Archon and since he has an Index option available you can use it, but you would use the codex version of the blaster. So basically....Codex Archon and Codec Blaster.

A lot of unnecessary research for something that could have easily been included in the codex.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 15:41

@merse24 wrote:
A lot of unnecessary research for something that could have easily been included in the codex.

Like has been stated before - and undoubtedly will be again - GW has adopted a policy of "no model, no rules". Since there is no Archon model with a Blaster, he no longer has the option to take one.
Pistols, on the other hand, need not be modeled according to the BRB, and so the Archon can still take one per Codex.
Back to top Go down
63Jl9lK
Slave
63Jl9lK

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 15:55

Wow, thanks, Azrael, I've missed this one completely somehow. Eventhough I still consider it rather weird, but no doubts anymore Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 16:30

I think I ranted enough about this unneccessary BS with the index and codex options and versions + cutting models and wargear options that have been around since forever
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 20:34

I think the intent is that if you have gone to some effort to model up an option that has been taken away they are giving you a break and still letting you play that model. That is a nice concession for people who have made such an effort.

However, by doing so, all of the Index units and options are still legal, unless they are in the Codex in another form.

Archons with Blasters are a good option, and if you army is Kabal focussed then you are likely to have more Blaster Archons with the Codex than with the Index, where minimising HQ tax was more important.

They should have said narrative play only!

Back to top Go down
yukondal
Hellion
yukondal

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 04:51

For the archon do you pay the index blaster price, or the codex blaster price?

For trueborn, would you use the codex version of the blaster? And if so, do you pay the codex price for the blaster? So many questions
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 06:10

Codex profiles. Codex prices.

If things don't exist in the Codex, such as Trueborn, you can take them from the Index. Upgrades that are in the Codex use Codex profiles and prices.

Back to top Go down
yukondal
Hellion
yukondal

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 06:13

Oh yeah, I guess it's in the top paragraph. Razz I'm a genius. Thanks Kantalla
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Using Index Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Index   Using Index I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Index
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions