HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Hellions vs First floor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

Hellions vs First floor Empty
PostSubject: Hellions vs First floor   Hellions vs First floor I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 10:41

So since Hellions can Fly they can attack e.g infantry on the first floor of a building(3 inch height). But what if they don't fit on said floor? Can they not attack them?

Also if 1 Model fits up there, do other models on the ground level get to attack?

The new wobbly model clarification seems to make hellions pointless if they cannot attack the targets they're supposed to shred on most buildings that are on our store (can barely fit a squad of 7 marines up there)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Hellions vs First floor   Hellions vs First floor I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 11:30

As far as I can see, it means they can't attack. The new clarification seems to make assault WAY more difficult. Any competent player will spread his models out in ruins to make sure the enemy cannot physically fit on the terrain and will therefore be immune to assault. You're going to be forced to kill some of them with shooting before you can assault now.

Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

PostSubject: Re: Hellions vs First floor   Hellions vs First floor I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 12:37

So basically hellions will suck in city areas with lots of ruins?
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Hellion
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: Hellions vs First floor   Hellions vs First floor I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 12:53

10 hellions means 20 shots. I still haven't played them, but i wanna think that you can kill at least 1 miniature before charge if It is necesary
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Hellions vs First floor   Hellions vs First floor I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 13:13

Hellions have less trouble than most CC units, because they can charge in the back of the marines lined to block the side of the cover.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Hellions vs First floor   Hellions vs First floor I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 13:16

@Rodi Sikni wrote:
10 hellions means 20 shots. I still haven't played them, but i wanna think that you can kill at least 1 miniature before charge if It is necesary

Yes but you're still only likely to get 1 or 2 models into contact and with a 3" standard gap between floors nobody else in the unit will be within 1" of them to fight.

Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Hellions vs First floor   Hellions vs First floor I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 00:38

Yeah that new ruling is really weird to me, because like, with our 7" movement, if your unit needs to climb a 10" building, they are technically placed 7" up the wall, wouldn't I just be 3" away from an enemy unit at the top then? but I can't charge because I can't fit? WACK

And how does this impact something like a window? What if I have a really thick wall that is more than 1" wide but there's a window that's slightly too small for my base to fit? I can't make the charge? that's WACK. Both players should know the intention and that not everything can be represented with static figures on a table.

Hellion
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ

PostSubject: Re: Hellions vs First floor   Hellions vs First floor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 20:59

I thought the ruling was weird as well but it's about being unable to assault a unit that has the high ground
I obi wan vs Anakin situation
Just get rid of a one and you are in there
Most games I've seen opponent s have guys on ground floor often
Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellions vs First floor   Hellions vs First floor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellions vs First floor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: