HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Haemovore tips?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kihrezae Morvishk
Slave
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2018-01-29
Location : The Amorphous Theatre

PostSubject: Haemovore tips?   Wed Apr 18 2018, 20:02

I want to achieve the effect of having my haemonculus hover while haemovores swarm at her feet, kinda like Urien Rakarth. How do I do this?
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 101
Join date : 2018-01-03
Location : Boston

PostSubject: Re: Haemovore tips?   Fri Apr 20 2018, 13:45

1) Buy the tentacle maker kit from Green Stuff Industries
*Edit: and buy some green stuff, get the big tubes not the bullshit that Games Workshop sells

2) Bend two or three thick paperclips into a position you like on the haemo's base, in such a way that they can connect the haemo *to* the base.

3) Once you have your arrangement finalized, use a hand drill to connect the clips to the base and to the haemo. Don't glue in place yet.

4) Make some "tentacles" of various lengths and widths. Wrap or knit some over the paperclips in an arrangement you like. Once you are finalized, glue them in place. Then glue the haemo and the base.

5) Add other smaller "tentacles" to the base as desired.

6) Optionally, sculpt some worm heads.

_________________
Help the covens kitbash by contributing to the Model Dimensions Database.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych
avatar

Posts : 571
Join date : 2018-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Haemovore tips?   Fri Apr 20 2018, 16:22

@zelatar wrote:
1) Buy the tentacle maker kit from Green Stuff Industries

If you want a budget version, just use a comb. Smile

@zelatar wrote:

*Edit: and buy some green stuff, get the big tubes not the bullshit that Games Workshop sells

Do you happen to have a link to this? I don't think I've come across green stuff in tubes before?

_________________
@TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 101
Join date : 2018-01-03
Location : Boston

PostSubject: Re: Haemovore tips?   Sat Apr 21 2018, 05:50

@Soulless Samurai wrote:

If you want a budget version, just use a comb. Smile

Interesting! How does it work exactly? Is one side of the GS squished flat, while the other segmented? Googling proved a little tricky just now, since so many search results have to do with "sculpting" mens hair, lol.


@Soulless Samurai wrote:

Do you happen to have a link to this? I don't think I've come across green stuff in tubes before?
[/quote]

I think my word choice might have been misleading. I just meant two-part yellow / blue epoxy sold in a transparent plastic tube *package*, like this.

_________________
Help the covens kitbash by contributing to the Model Dimensions Database.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych
avatar

Posts : 571
Join date : 2018-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Haemovore tips?   Sat Apr 21 2018, 19:01

@zelatar wrote:

Interesting! How does it work exactly? Is one side of the GS squished flat, while the other segmented? Googling proved a little tricky just now, since so many search results have to do with "sculpting" mens hair, lol.

This is what I was thinking of:

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105750

I was misremembering slightly, though - you actually need two combs. Razz

@zelatar wrote:

I think my word choice might have been misleading. I just meant two-part yellow / blue epoxy sold in a transparent plastic tube *package*, like this.

Ah, okay. I still hadn't seen that before, so thanks. Smile

_________________
@TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Haemovore tips?   

Back to top Go down
 
Haemovore tips?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

 :: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: