HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k list for competitive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowsun6262
Slave
shadowsun6262

2k list for competitive Empty
PostSubject: 2k list for competitive   2k list for competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 02:28

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [65 PL, 1274pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 72pts]: Splinter pistol, Venom Blade

Archon [4 PL, 72pts]: Splinter pistol, The Helm of Spite, Venom Blade

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 104pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Splinter Cannon
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

. 6x Kabalite Warrior

. 6x Kabalite Warrior

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 50pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 50pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Reaper [9 PL, 150pts]

Reaper [9 PL, 150pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 96pts]: Dark Lance, Shock Prow, Splinter Racks

Venom [4 PL, 65pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

Venom [4 PL, 65pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [35 PL, 725pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Cult of Strife

+ HQ +

Lelith Hesperax [4 PL, 80pts]: Blood Dancer, Impaler, Warlord

Succubus [4 PL, 60pts]: Archite Glaive, Blast Pistol

+ Troops +

Wyches [4 PL, 107pts]
. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Blast Pistol
. 6x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler

Wyches [4 PL, 107pts]
. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Blast Pistol
. 6x Wych

Wyches [4 PL, 107pts]
. Hekatrix: Blast Pistol, Power sword
. 6x Wych

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 88pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Shock Prow

++ Total: [100 PL, 1999pts] ++
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: 2k list for competitive   2k list for competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 04:15

There's a lot you could do to make this better.

Flayed Skull is a good choice, but you're investing way too much in the 10 man units.

Start with a Flayed Skull Battalion with 2 Archons and 3 units of 5 warriors with a blaster in venoms with Twin Rifles and cannons.

Next, add a Black Heart Spearhead with an Archon and 3 Disintegrator Cannon Ravagers. This adds a third type of ranged attack that is kind of in the middle between the Darklight of blasters and splinterfire. It's a godsend that these are now viable. Give the archon Writ of the Living Muse and reroll 1s to hit and wound all day with your Ravagers, and even though they don't have -1 to hit, they're still super resilient because they get a FNP.

Raiders are too easy to kill and are too expensive to fill with special weapons and everything to really be competitive. You need better threat saturation. That's why Venoms are WAY better.

Ravagers are more reliable than Reapers, Cheaper too. Don't bring Reapers unless it's in a Dark Creed detachment to use as a cheesy sniper.

Decide if you actually want to bring Wyches. Wyches are totally playable in competitive games, but you need to decide what you want. If you want to play with the advance and charge obsession you'll want a unit of 12 Reavers with Blasters with a +1 toughness drug and Grav Talons. These are the target for all your stratagems. Evicerating Flyby, Lightning Fast Reflexes, Fire and Fade, etc. In this case, bring min squads of wyches to make a battalion and invest any points left over in more units of warriors with blasters in venoms, Razorwing Jetfighters, or Scourges with Haywire Blasters in the Flayed Skull Battalion.

If you play with +1 strength and morale immunity you'll want a unit of 20 Hellions. Make your Wych units 19 wyches strong and flood the table with bodies that the enemy can't force to run away. Use Lightning Fast Reflexes, and Fire and Fade to get the Hellions into charge range safely. Also remember that you can charge something midtable if the enemy has scouts or anything, and sit there through the opposing turn, and then fall back up the table and charge again if you have to. Anything to keep your Hellions alive.

If you don't care about Hellions or Reavers, just stick to Kabals. Bring a Second Flayed Skull battalion with warriors with blasters in venoms and Razorwing Jetfighters, or add a Razorwing and 3 Venoms to the first Flayed Skull Battalion and create an Obsidian Rose Vanguard with 3 units of trueborn with 4 blasters each to put in the extra 3 transports you have in the flayed skull battalion for 12 24" range blasters on 19" move transports. I personally prefer not to give the enemy an obvious target, but Trueborn obviously put out a lot of hurt. It's hard to claim it's not worth trying out for youself.
Back to top Go down
shadowsun6262
Slave
shadowsun6262

PostSubject: Re: 2k list for competitive   2k list for competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 07:34

Here's the thought with this list. First of all, I've only played 4 games 3 of which I swept the opponents and one I
lost was 90% bad dice rolls.

Now, onto how I play this list. Ill start out with the Flayed skull detachment.
The 2 archons are sitting in the back of the board alongside the reapers to allow me to reroll the 1s to hit. I take them out of preference over ravagers since they are only 10 points more than a dark lance ravager. I weighed out options seeing as I get a guaranteed 3 shots and more maneuverability. However, the 6 toughness and additional 2 wounds along with more explosive potential is worth it to me alongside the ability to prevent an advance (jetbike spam for example.) I was going to play my archon as my warlord but in doing so i made the reaper backline that much more enticing for my enemy to focus so I switched my warlord to Lilith.

Onto the Kabalite raiders/venoms. Ive had many a conversation about this and I get a lot of mixed feelings about taking 10 in raiders but my logic behind it is the versatility of screaming jets and the alphastriking ability of 3 raiders in an enemy backline. I had 1 raider with 10 kabs take out a squad of dark reapers and a farseer with one deployment mistake. Outside of that 1 raider is much more tough than an additional 10 kabalites on foot and much faster. Remember, im here for objectives and taking out key units turn one. This gives me much more versatility in doing so. The venoms are just an additional buffer and can get around the table much faster for additional support if needed.

Going into the wych cults, im still playing around with this one and I can see the logic behind just taking an additional Kabal over a half baked wych cult, but i really think people underestimate the value of keeping enemy units from shooting with assualting with raiders to reduce overwatch deaths with a wych charge and locking down key infantry units. Again keep thinking about objectives and keeping down heavy weapons squads/vehicles. when i say that im playing a named character people get a hard on and want to kill her really bad. It forces more mistakes. People think oh cool that squishy warlord is right in my face let me focus it so i can get my objective points.

Spamming infantry is cool and all but the meta will change. To me, playing a list with the potential to take on everything is much more valuable to me in the long run over doing whats meta
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: 2k list for competitive   2k list for competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 14:21

Congrats on winning 3/4 games. Bad dice can suck. Gotta build in that redundancy for in case you get a few bad rolls.

Saying Reapers are worth it because of T6 doesn't really help you since Ravagers are also T6. Being only 10 points more expensive than a DL ravager is also 25 points more expensive than a Disintegrator Cannon Ravager, which is a sizable difference for something that isn't going to really be that much better. I'd actually argue that Disintegrator Cannons are better, since they bring another weapon profile to the list, which gives you more versatility. The best option is to bring 3 Ravagers and another Archon in a Black Heart Battalion with that archon the warlord so you can recycle command points, and bring writ of the living muse to reroll hit AND wound rolls of 1. Your Flayed Skull Archons can be used as screens and to hold objectives. I understand that you're worried about attracting attention to the ball of boats, but you want that attention. Most armies won't be able to get everything across the table to threaten you, and when they drop what they can back there they're split up and you can go hard into one side while leaving the rest of their army out of effective range to deal with you in return. Take any chance to split the enemy army into 2 parts. Cut your steak, it makes it easier to chew.

Taking a Black Heart Spearhead also unlocks the single best stratage in the game, so you have that going for you too.

As far as deep striking 3 raiders in the enemy backline? Nobody is ever going to let you do that in a competitive game. Even mechanized lists bring screens and you won't be able to drop them next to anything important. It may have worked against your friends in your first 4 games, but if you bring it to a tournament people will be taking it more seriously and you'll just waste 3 command points deep striking your raiders somewhere venoms could have easily moved up to in 1 turn anyway.

You can't rely on deployment mistakes. Good players won't make any.

I understand that a raider full of warriors with special weapons and everything puts out a lot of fire, but it's also a huge target, and when it pops (which it will) it'll open up 104 points of warriors to being shot at instead of 50, and they will all die to bolterfire that would be otherwise wasted on all your other T5 vehicles where it wouldn't really hurt you.

I'm not suggesting you bring warriors on foot. I NEVER do that. I'm suggesting you bring your warriors in units of 5 with a blaster in venoms. ALL venoms. No Raiders. They're faster, cheaper, and harder to kill. It'll drastically improve your threat saturation and when they do manage to kill a venom you'll still have 5+ left instead of losing 1/3 of your boats. You need to ride over them in overwhelming force.

I'm not underestimating buffering charges with Vehicles. That's a common tactic that I am all for. I just think Wyches are good because of the amazing stratagems you can use on big units of Reavers or Hellions. Wyches themselves are okay, but not amazing, and the game will probably already be decided by the time you get them into combat in turn 2. Wouldn't you rather bring something that will help decide the game in your favour in turn 1?

With all Venoms of warriors you have -1 to hit across the board except for your ravagers, which in a BH spearhead get a FNP, so you don't have to worry as much about heavy weapon teams firing guns with only 1 shot. As a Flayed Skull player your venoms will be melting them out of cover anyway and your blasters that are impossible to keep down since they're all spread out will have no trouble bracketing the really threatening vehicles in turn 1 so you'd be getting hit on 5s at best, while still getting your invuln save. You don't have more ability to take key objectives with Raiders. You have less, because you have less units - which means less board presence.

I'm not trying to tell you to play to the meta.

I'm telling you that threat saturation is the difference between a good Drukhari list and a bad one.

You have this huge investment into wyches. You paid a tax without getting what you're paying for. Bring something to make that worth it, or drop them. Stop playing with Warriors in raiders, spread your crap out.

Don't bring Lelith. She costs 30 points more than a regular Succubus and probably isn't worth it.

Don't build a list for a competitive game trying to plan around enemies making mistakes. Plan for the worst. If you have a warlord on the front lines who's a named character just to attract even more attention, you're going to get killed by psykers. If you Screaming Jets 3 Raiders they're going to deploy properly so you have nowhere good to drop turn 1 and you just wasted 3 CP, and then you're going to lose at least 1 transport/turn, and probably 2, so set things up in such a way that when you get hit back you can roll with it instead of it crippling you.

Anyway, if you don't want advice you posted the list in the wrong place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k list for competitive   2k list for competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k list for competitive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: