Share | 

Namarti Mandrakes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Namarti Mandrakes   Sat Apr 14 2018, 12:47

Hello everyone,
has anybody decided or played with the idea to convert the new idoneth deepkin namarti thralls into mandrakes? the legs are similar enough to coat it in greenstuff for the flayed hide look, bare thorsos and heads, weapons quite identical. They only lack hair, but thats fixable
Back to top Go down
Kihrezae Morvishk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Namarti Mandrakes   Sat Apr 14 2018, 18:01

Now that you mention it, that does sound like an excellent idea. If you wanted to I'd even argue you wouldn't even need to add green stuff, though I imagine that may give off a more regal look than the traditional Mandrakes. As for the hair, the old Mandrake models (and I mean REALLY old) were actually bald, but do bear in mind that their lore has changed a bit since those days, and they looked much more like regular Aeldari.

In conclusion, I don't see why that couldn't work. The weapons certainly look the part, and one could easily add a bit of greenstuff if one wanted to add a more ethereal/daemonic feel.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Namarti Mandrakes   Sat Apr 14 2018, 18:14

It really wouldn't be an issue if the Mandrakes weren't in Failcast. I really like the current sculpts, but I'm simply not buying anything Finecast unless it's some bargain bin sort of deal.

I was just talking this over with the other DE player at the store about this - they make damn good Mandrakes with very minimal effort, as their eyeless faces and the carvings on the torso make them look like the genuine article. I think the more regal look would actually turn out exceptionally well - who's to say that half-material daemonic fiends can't materialize some sharp, angular armor decorations if they're at it?

The whole Idoneth line has some very interesting models and bits in particular - very Dark Eldar.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Namarti Mandrakes   Sat Apr 14 2018, 20:20

I just saw em on the GW site and came here to say the same thing! Although with a little kitbashing or sculpting I think they could serve as incubi or wracks, too.
I don't care for the aesthetic of the deepkin army itself, but they are packed with conversion potential! In particular I think they would fit really well with a coven-themed army.

Take this guy, for example. Call me crazy, but with a little kitbashing I think he could become a centerpiece haemo or Talos in a DE army:

Liquifier gun? More like liquifier cape! Just imagine it, with the base littered with semi-dissolved Drukhari--hoe cool would that be?!

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Namarti Mandrakes   Sat Apr 14 2018, 20:28

@zelatar wrote:
I just saw em on the GW site and came here to say the same thing! Although with a little kitbashing or sculpting I think they could serve as incubi or wracks, too.
I don't care for the aesthetic of the deepkin army itself, but they are packed with conversion potential! In particular I think they would fit really well with a coven-themed army.

Take this guy, for example. Call me crazy, but with a little kitbashing I think he could become a centerpiece haemo or Talos in a DE army:

Yeah, all you'd really need to do is change out the arms and maybe the head, and you'd have yourself a pretty damn good looking Haemonculus. And if you'd like it to look a bit more bizarre, you could even use the fish and other sea creatures for the face. Might want to have some green stuff on hand for that, though.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Namarti Mandrakes   Sun Apr 15 2018, 12:39

@Siticus the Ancient wrote:
It really wouldn't be an issue if the Mandrakes weren't in Failcast. I really like the current sculpts, but I'm simply not buying anything Finecast unless it's some bargain bin sort of deal.

exactly my thinking, 10 namarti cost only 12€ less than 10 mandrakes, but the 5 mandrakes are 1. failcast and 2. have already to models with the same pose
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Namarti Mandrakes   Sun Apr 15 2018, 13:55

I was thinking more of making the water elfies into coven
With the namarti becoming wracks
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Namarti Mandrakes   Sun Apr 15 2018, 23:29

those namarti look awesome, makes me glad i didnt grab the mandrakes yet, because now im grabbing a pack of those.

im going to leave the spikey hair bit off, paint them silver->waystone green-> then top it off with Agrellan Earth to get that cool cracked skin texture.
Back to top Go down

Namarti Mandrakes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: