HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ixeon
Slave
Ixeon

Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list Empty
PostSubject: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 12:32

Hey guys, just saw Nicks opinion on the new DEs list, what do you guys think about it?
I am thikning scourges instead of ravagers.

Kabal of the Black Heart Spearhead

Archon- Agonizer, Blast Pistol 86

Ravager- 3 Disintegrators 125

Wych Cult Battallion- Red Grief
Succubus- Agonizer 54
Succubus- Agonizer 54
9 Wychs- Shardnet and Impaler 77
19 Wychs- Agonizer 156
5 Wychs 40
9 reavers- Agonizer 175
Raider- Disintegrator 80

Coven Battalion- Prophets of Flesh
Urien Rakarth 90
Haemonculus 70
5 Wracks 45
5 Wracks 45
5 Wracks 45
9 Grotesques- Mosterous Cleavers 288
10 Grotesques- Moneterous Cleavers 320
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 13:03

For reference, Nick's full post is here: https://thebrownmagic.com/2018/04/10/evil-eldar-can-be-good-too/

Can't say I agree with a lot of it, but hey.
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 13:58

Thanks for sharing!

Not sure I agree with the Talos assessment but they do seem fairly cheap now for what they bring I guess.

The idea with the T1 charge Wyches is good, ignoring intervening terrain you could get a 4 disembark, 8 movement, 3 (conservative/average) advance, 2 drugs = 17in move which would leave you with a 7” re-rollable charge if your opponent deployed something on the line. Could be useful for sure.

Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 14:43

Disembarking is 3 inches, right? Not 4.
Back to top Go down
Rathstar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 15:22

The back of your base has to be within 3" of the vehicle, taking that to the max the front would be just short of 4" from the vehicle (with 25mm bases).

Getting back on topic, Nick's ideas are all sound (as if I'm to judge, I don't win LVOs).  I'm just concerned by the complete lack of long range (or deepstrike) anti tank or monsterous creature firepower.  The list is fast so can tie up some unprepared opponents, but a horde with layers could keep the tanks at the back firing for some time.  I'd like to see that addition of scourges with blasters, and a few more blast pistols (succubus's can take them) at least.

Nick did say this was his starter from 10, rather than a perfectly tuned and playtested tournament list.

The double grotesque bomb is interesting, and they can be very tough (can't they get to T6, 4+ inv rerolling 1's), but together they are a third of the armies points.  Could they be taken out quickly, and aren't all competent opponents knowing that they have to have some answer for 1st turn combat, most use screens to get two turna of fire upon such units.  Maybe the wyches are tie things up and distract the opponent until the double grosteque bus hits their disorganised lines (probably as quick as turn 2, or turn 1 with the webway).

Rathstar

PS. Just noticed my signature needs an update with the new codex (my draft list has 3 units of wyches Smile

The following quote is from around 6th edition, how have things changed Smile

@sweetbacon wrote:
You're spending 225 points on Wyches???

Wyches?!!

Why?  

Did someone threaten your family?  

Are you under duress right now?  

Blink if you are and I'll summon the authorities.
Back to top Go down
http://rathstarramblings.blogspot.co.uk/
daner0023
Slave
daner0023

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 23:41

It’s an interesting article. I think the list he posted lacks a lot of closing firepower, but the Red Grief tie up strategy is valid.

I’m not sure what he is saying about Hellions actually would work, if it’s Ynarri, they aren’t Red Grief.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 00:31

Why would he take that list vs. all the other ones that he can take?

Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
daner0023
Slave
daner0023

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 01:49

I think that is a skeleton list to build from, not something refined.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 02:54

That list just looks like someone who likes a bit of each part of Drukhari trying to put them together in a single army.

His article was an interesting read, although there are a couple of things to disagree with (Hellions using soulburst along with the Red Grief obsession for example, and Wyches not Wychs!). The key points of standout units being Ravagers, Razorwings, Wyches, Reavers and Grotesques in the Codex seems reasonable to me. I think that is missing Kabalite Warriors, but otherwise seems about right.

Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 04:00

I don't think Nick actually understands how Dark Eldar work at all. He's obviously super knowledgeable about 40k, and better than any of us will ever be, but I think he didn't see anything exciting about Kabals and assumed that Kabalites are bad. He specifically said Kabals are the weakest of the 3 armies in the book.

Sure, Kabals don't get to really use all the super exciting stratagems that Wyches get to use. They're not as flashy. And sure, they are T3 warriors with rapidfire 1 guns with no AP, but they're also the best crap we've got. Blasters are balls out amazing now and with Flayed Skull we can ignore cover, which is really what was holding Splinterfire back the whole time anyway, and with a Black Heart Spearhead we can bring 3 Disintegrator Cannon Ravagers rerolling 1s to hit and wound.

I have no doubt Nick could play his list to great effect, but this isn't a tournament list. It's him making a list for fun, and outwardly saying he doesn't think he'll keep it this way.

If we see Pure Drukhari in competitive play I'm expecting Black Heart Spearheads, along with Flayed Skull Battalions and then either a wych battalion, coven battalion, or another Flayed Skull battalion. I personally like playing all Kabals, or with a Dark Creed Battalion for a few snipers, and a unit of 3 Talos to be a distraction carnifex and throw 6 heat lances at characters for 2 CP. I don't think that bringing the coven battalion is more competitive. Warriors in venoms are MVPs in every game. You can never have too many. But it's still better than the nonsense Nick came up with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list   Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nick Nanavatis 2k tournament list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: