HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Grotesques and Haemunculi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Grotesques and Haemunculi   Wed Apr 11 2018, 03:36

okay so started out trying to make something useful out of models i already have to create some sort of coven force.

so first off, the whole lot of them are old 3rd editon models
urien Rakarth
4 x Haemonculus
4x grotesques.

this sums up all the coven i currently own but i still want to use some combination of this (three warlord traits stratagem)

the bulk of my army is kabalites in raiders, and reavers/hellions/wyches from my cult. so obviously this leaves my coven a nice opening.

so far the only option for them with out buying models is a supreme command detachment. what would make this work? is it even worth it?

i mean if it would be useful what would you advise doing with it?

i've pondered
urien rakarth
2x haemonculi
and the grots either as a min 3 man squad or going all out with a full 10 man (obviously price becomes and issue)

to make it work, how would you arm the haemonculi?

would you take the liquifiers?

Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques and Haemunculi   Fri Apr 13 2018, 02:25

nobody?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques and Haemunculi   Fri Apr 13 2018, 02:54

I suggest getting transports. A raider for the grots and 2 haemonculi and a venom for the others.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques and Haemunculi   Fri Apr 13 2018, 03:47

Why so many Haemonculi? Only need 2 for battalion.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques and Haemunculi   Fri Apr 13 2018, 04:04

If they are 3rd Grots, they're probably better used as Wracks.

It may be hard to use those characters in anything more than a fluffy list. You would need at least one more Wrack and the biggest bonus of Hams is the buff, which doesn't stack.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques and Haemunculi   Fri Apr 13 2018, 04:31

@withershadow wrote:
Why so many Haemonculi? Only need 2 for battalion.

basically i bought an old 3rd editon army a few years back and finally got around to repainting and learning to play this year.

ive got urien and 4 extra hamemonculi and 4 grots. so im trying to figure out a useful method for putting them to work.

i also have exactly no other coven units and was brainstorming how i could add them and use the 3 warlord trait stratagem.

the only thing that could work would be a supreme command dettachment.

so i could fit urien, 2-4 more haemonculli and then the grots as the elite choice.

problem is it doesnt really look worth the points and im just testing waters to see if anyone knows how to make it work.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques and Haemunculi   Fri Apr 13 2018, 04:34

@Myrvn wrote:
If they are 3rd Grots, they're probably better used as Wracks.

It may be hard to use those characters in anything more than a fluffy list. You would need at least one more Wrack and the biggest bonus of Hams is the buff, which doesn't stack.

that was something i thought of but after looking at the new grots it made me hope it could be effective (just to see a screen of 10 grots lmao)

i know the auras wont stack, but having 3 of them in a ball like that basically forces you to target the grots as focusing one of the haemonculi would be pointless.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques and Haemunculi   Sat Apr 14 2018, 00:50

From a gaming perspective, it really depends on the rest of your list.

Regardless, you definitely cannot use all 4 haemis being played as a haemis. Their auras dont stack, and you would need a lot of Coven models to create the need for 4 of the guys. Their damage output is surpassed by the Archon and Succi, who you will also be taking to make use of the Alliance of Agony stratagem anyway.

If you want to build a Coven Battalion you could convert some of them into the Wrack Sgt (acolyst?) which can be used in the troop squads you need to get anyway.

The Grots are solid. Large squads (5+) can use the WWP to stir up some fun, while smaller squads can get in Raiders and act as bodyguard to characters.

Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques and Haemunculi   Sat Apr 14 2018, 02:07

basically the only dettachment i can make with what i have is a supreme command dettachment

ie 3-5 HQ and 0-1 elites. outside of the alliance of agony im not really interested in the coven units at all. the bulk of my army is kabalites in raiders, wyches, reavers, and hellions with a few ravagers/scourges if i need the extra anti-armour.

most of my list is pretty squishy so the idea of a wall of fairly tough meat to hide my squishies behind early on is what i was hoping to accomplish, i mean if its a total bust/crap shoot i will probably just end up using a some barebones kabalites on foot to fill that role (ive got around 50 kabalites so ive got the bodies to spare)

i was thinking i could run these guys up the center and they would be enough of a threat my enemies would focus fire on them to prevent them getting in to CC leaving my squishy stuff a bit more freedom . i havent really used them before but they seem like something most enemies wouldnt really like getting in to the thick of their lines especially buffed by urien and two other haemonculi for back up.

the alternative is to just add a patrol and play the old grots as wracks (and even then i only have 4 so it doesnt really work.

im trying to learn with the three detachment limit to avoid having to adjust things if i ever go to tournaments, and this is basically the only configuration i can add coven in without having to buy models i dont want or just shelving them and focusing fully on kabal/cult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques and Haemunculi   

Back to top Go down

Grotesques and Haemunculi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: