HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kissaki
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2018-04-05

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Wed Apr 11 2018, 14:04

Requests hum?

If I could make a request, I would like some useful feedback on my approach for a balanced alliance of agony list and how I plan to buy/paint em:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t17431-100-power-2000-points-alliance-of-agony
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Wed Apr 11 2018, 18:55

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@HERO wrote:
Updated:
https://lkhero.blogspot.com/2018/04/de-archon-bubbles-and-vehicle-deployment.html

I know it works but there's something fundamentally wrong about that last tactic you suggest.

"It's no good sarge, our assault troops can't get close enough to engage the enemy's main force. Their aircraft are still in the way!"

Look at it from the sense that no ground troops want to assault into alien air cover.
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Wed Apr 11 2018, 18:56

@RedRegicide wrote:
Hey HERO, I was considering your 'don't go in more than 3 directions' advice. If I am designing a melee oriented list, that has cult and coven in it, should I be bothering with ranged Anti Tank kabal support, or should I just be trying to rip tanks open in melee?

Love your articles, keep em' up!

I'm going to do an article in the next couple of days that talks about taking a hybrid list.

A lot of DE players are asking for it because they like ALL of the Dark Eldar units and want to use them. Fair enough!
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
RedRegicide
Wych
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Wed Apr 11 2018, 19:07

@HERO wrote:
@RedRegicide wrote:
Hey HERO, I was considering your 'don't go in more than 3 directions' advice. If I am designing a melee oriented list, that has cult and coven in it, should I be bothering with ranged Anti Tank kabal support, or should I just be trying to rip tanks open in melee?

Love your articles, keep em' up!

I'm going to do an article in the next couple of days that talks about taking a hybrid list.

A lot of DE players are asking for it because they like ALL of the Dark Eldar units and want to use them.  Fair enough!

Looking forward to it, thanks!

_________________
“No. Stop. Don’t go in there. You’ll all be killed,’ Motley murmured sardonically”
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2018-04-02

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Wed Apr 11 2018, 19:34

@HERO wrote:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@HERO wrote:
Updated:
https://lkhero.blogspot.com/2018/04/de-archon-bubbles-and-vehicle-deployment.html

I know it works but there's something fundamentally wrong about that last tactic you suggest.

"It's no good sarge, our assault troops can't get close enough to engage the enemy's main force. Their aircraft are still in the way!"

Look at it from the sense that no ground troops want to assault into alien air cover.
Just a tiny nitpick. You don’t have to deploy completely within 3” when you disembark, so you also gain the Archon’s base size as well. So you get 12” of movement deploying out of a vehicle, and can get a rerollable advance turn 1 if you’re Black Heart.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Thu Apr 12 2018, 02:09

@withershadow wrote:
@HERO wrote:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@HERO wrote:
Updated:
https://lkhero.blogspot.com/2018/04/de-archon-bubbles-and-vehicle-deployment.html

I know it works but there's something fundamentally wrong about that last tactic you suggest.

"It's no good sarge, our assault troops can't get close enough to engage the enemy's main force. Their aircraft are still in the way!"

Look at it from the sense that no ground troops want to assault into alien air cover.
Just a tiny nitpick. You don’t have to deploy completely within 3” when you disembark, so you also gain the Archon’s base size as well. So you get 12” of movement deploying out of a vehicle, and can get a rerollable advance turn 1 if you’re Black Heart.

Yeah, that is nit-picking Wink

And 11" of movement is not the same as 12" wholly within.
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
sejason
Slave
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-05-09
Location : Heidelberg

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Thu Apr 12 2018, 08:01

@HERO wrote:

I've already written some articles on more melee oriented lists, but they're without Coven units. Do these suffice, or are you looking for something else more specifically? All the lists I've built so far are Kabal and Cults.

After re-reading them, those are good to go.
I'll surely come back with questions after I played a few games ... Wink

And thanks for your article about general deployment and Archon deployment.

I had a game last night and learned a few things.
1. Dark Eldar on foot are incredibly fast Surprised Getting the Archon 3" out of the Raider, moving 8" and advancing an average 3" nets you the same distance the paper boat can fly!! That's incredible. Wyches with the right Obsession being able to charge afterwards (rerolling advance & charge distances!) is just wow.
2. Get that Archon out of the transport to buff up the shooting.
3. You can't do anything about crappy dice ... when that Raider died, so did half of the Kabalites in there, because I rolled 4 ones. And that's just one example. I'll have to execute one of those dice in front of the others if they keep behaving like this ...
Apart from these things, the game was great and those shooty lists are fun Smile

_________________
Alone ... I feel alone when I'm living in a building like a tooth in heaven's throat
True, it's a beautiful view, but you know they're gonna set it on fire
When they feel like something new
Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Fri Apr 13 2018, 06:26

This one's a good one for both new and veteran players:
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2018/04/de-tips-and-tricks-on-movement.html
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Lord Asvaldir
Wych
avatar

Posts : 760
Join date : 2015-12-06
Location : Washington DC

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Fri Apr 13 2018, 06:47

Another good article Hero. The fact that warriors in a raider can't fall back and shoot within a raider is something I feel like is pretty key to remember, it only came up in my games recently and it definetly makes me think twice about putting raiders in assault range while they still have models inside.

One thing I'd just like to throw out there. MSU is great in 40k as it always has been, but I do feel like there is a serious drawback to running 5 man warrior squads, especially if you are running a mixed DE army with cults/covens as well as kabals. If you only use 5 man warriors units, you're basically paying a tax of one archon per 15 warriors. That's a bit steep to me, especially if I want to spam kabalites, and I generally don't want to run more than 2 archons. That means you're going to have to run some 10 mans if you want to save some pts and buy less archons, as if you run 10 mans you can get up to 30 warriors per archon, much better bargain in my mind.

_________________
The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors...
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Fri Apr 13 2018, 07:33

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Another good article Hero. The fact that warriors in a raider can't fall back and shoot within a raider is something I feel like is pretty key to remember, it only came up in my games recently and it definetly makes me think twice about putting raiders in assault range while they still have models inside.

One thing I'd just like to throw out there. MSU is great in 40k as it always has been, but I do feel like there is a serious drawback to running 5 man warrior squads, especially if you are running a mixed DE army with cults/covens as well as kabals. If you only use 5 man warriors units, you're basically paying a tax of one archon per 15 warriors. That's a bit steep to me, especially if I want to spam kabalites, and I generally don't want to run more than 2 archons. That means you're going to have to run some 10 mans if you want to save some pts and buy less archons, as if you run 10 mans you can get up to 30 warriors per archon, much better bargain in my mind.

Yeah, I like the 10-mans too, especially when you can take a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Dorkreign
Slave
avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2018-04-03

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Fri Apr 13 2018, 12:35

Nice article - coming from a space marine background I'm quite sure I wouldn't have considered disembarking behind raiders instead of in front. Good tip!
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 217
Join date : 2016-06-18

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Fri Apr 13 2018, 18:57

Just want to say a massive thank you for all the articles. Some really useful stuff there for new and old players alike.

@Gobsmakked any chance this thread could be stickied? Seems like it will be extremely useful for many players for the foreseeable future.

_________________
I danced with Fate, she said it could go either way.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
avatar

Posts : 897
Join date : 2011-09-10
Location : Riga, Latvia

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Sat Apr 14 2018, 18:51

Superb article. Only recently getting back to 40k after a long break, the 8th ed mobility of models is unreal - for some reason I still disembarked models as if it was 7e, just the 3". We can really run rings around everyone else, it's nuts!

_________________
Siticus Empyrean Vision - my Facebook page with various painting projects
Siticus' Empyrean Visions log - the project log for my Aeldari works and beyond
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
avatar

Posts : 613
Join date : 2012-11-14
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Tue Apr 17 2018, 08:10

@hekatrixxy wrote:
Just want to say a massive thank you for all the articles. Some really useful stuff there for new and old players alike.

@Gobsmakked any chance this thread could be stickied? Seems like it will be extremely useful for many players for the foreseeable future.

No idea how much the older mods are even around, try changing your post to Count Adhemar. He still lurks.

_________________
Want to chat in real time with your fellow archons? Join our Discord channel -> https://discord.gg/5yhRP7v
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Tue Apr 17 2018, 12:02

Done - Count Adhemar

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Tue Apr 17 2018, 19:47

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Done - Count Adhemar

I literally couldn't find my thread today after looking for like 10 minutes LOL.  Thanks!

Also, updated! bounce

Well is also looking dry for more ideas to write about! Post dem requests when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
TheBaconPope
Wych
avatar

Posts : 636
Join date : 2017-03-10

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Wed Apr 18 2018, 20:14

Here's one for you:
Dealing with enemy characters. I feel like you can provide a unique perspective on this, as the Hexrifle and that one Sniper Strategem are Coven only. I'd love to see how you think Kabals should deal with enemy Warlords! Very Happy

_________________
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem."
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 217
Join date : 2016-06-18

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Thu Apr 19 2018, 07:46

Some more ideas for articles:

* How to counter Drukhari lists with other armies - and therefore what we should watch out for and prioritise for destruction Smile
* How to beat/counter specific strong tournament level lists (tactics to use and units to take) - this may need to wait until the post big FAQ meta develops
* An "optimistic Archon" article/series of articles that goes in to detail on how to make the most out of units that aren't the strongest in the codex - for example a beastmaster and beasts seem to not be in favour, but for players who have spent a lot of money on those finecast models and want to use them it would be nice to know how to make the most out of them

Thanks again!

_________________
I danced with Fate, she said it could go either way.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Thu Apr 19 2018, 21:20

@hekatrixxy wrote:
Some more ideas for articles:

* How to counter Drukhari lists with other armies - and therefore what we should watch out for and prioritise for destruction Smile
* How to beat/counter specific strong tournament level lists (tactics to use and units to take) - this may need to wait until the post big FAQ meta develops
* An "optimistic Archon" article/series of articles that goes in to detail on how to make the most out of units that aren't the strongest in the codex - for example a beastmaster and beasts seem to not be in favour, but for players who have spent a lot of money on those finecast models and want to use them it would be nice to know how to make the most out of them

Thanks again!

First one, great idea.
Second, on the list, but like you said, we need to see how the meta changes.
Third, I don't own any of these models because I only buy competitive. Someone can volunteer though!
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Thu Apr 19 2018, 21:25

@TheBaconPope wrote:
Here's one for you:
Dealing with enemy characters. I feel like you can provide a unique perspective on this, as the Hexrifle and that one Sniper Strategem are Coven only. I'd love to see how you think Kabals should deal with enemy Warlords! Very Happy

Hmm...
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2018/04/de-powerful-builds-for-your-hq.html

Does this meet this question?

If you're looking for our best duelists, the Succubus with Precision Blows and Whip, or Archon with Djin and Hatred Eternal is our best bet.

As for Coven units and sniping with the Strategem, I'm not sure if that warrants an article specifically.
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Soulless Samurai
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2018-04-02

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Thu Apr 19 2018, 22:05

Some more possibilities for articles:

- General unit review (maybe with suggested builds/uses).

- Uses or bodyguard units for 'surplus' HQs without just bunching them together in the same squad. For example, if you have multiple Archons in a Battalion, one can go with a Court but then what do you do with the remaining Archons? Especially if you're not using Black Heart (and so can't give the remaining one the Writ and stick him with some Ravagers).

- Advantages/disadvantages of using multiple factions in the same army, rather than a single faction.

_________________
@TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:38

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
Some more possibilities for articles:

- General unit review (maybe with suggested builds/uses).

- Uses or bodyguard units for 'surplus' HQs without just bunching them together in the same squad. For example, if you have multiple Archons in a Battalion, one can go with a Court but then what do you do with the remaining Archons? Especially if you're not using Black Heart (and so can't give the remaining one the Writ and stick him with some Ravagers).

- Advantages/disadvantages of using multiple factions in the same army, rather than a single faction.

That general unit review will take some time.. but this is definitely widely requested.

I have no clue on Court units because I don't own any, so I'll only be able to speak from a theoretical standpoint. At least with Coven units, I'm ballsdeep with people who play them constantly.

Advantages vs. disadvantages is interesting.. reminds me of a previous article I wrote about Eldar allies:
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2018/04/de-black-heart-kabal-with-alaitoc-allies.html

I was going to do a list review with Harlqeuins, but with their new book really close on the horizon, I might hold off. I can definitely write something about Eldar though..
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Thu Apr 26 2018, 05:30

New blog post about my competitive Pure Kabal list and how it evolved since I first started playing with our new book:
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2018/04/de-evolution-of-competitive-list.html
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
TheBaconPope
Wych
avatar

Posts : 636
Join date : 2017-03-10

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Thu Apr 26 2018, 05:49

I find it speaks very well for our codex that the difference between Obsessions is largely personal preference. In the few weeks since the book dropped, you've played threel of the four Kabals in your list, and it's really interesting seeing you switch off between all of them.

Compare that to the Craftworlders where anything other than Alanitoc won't see a competitive table, and I'd say we have the overall best traits in the game.

_________________
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem."
Back to top Go down
sejason
Slave
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-05-09
Location : Heidelberg

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   Thu Apr 26 2018, 06:13

Thanks for sharing your train of thoughts regarding the development of your list!
Like TheBaconPope I agree, that those Obsessions are up to the personal play style and each has its merits.

On a side note - I'm always confused on who is who when I see your avatar pictures Surprised

_________________
Alone ... I feel alone when I'm living in a building like a tooth in heaven's throat
True, it's a beautiful view, but you know they're gonna set it on fire
When they feel like something new
Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests   

Back to top Go down
 
HERO's 8th Ed. articles and requests
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: