HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kissaki
Hellion

PostSubject: Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?   Mon Apr 09 2018, 12:45

As I'm still pretty new to the 8th edition:

what are the consequences of the court members not having the Character keyword anymore? Is it good? Is it bad?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?   Mon Apr 09 2018, 12:56

With the original Character rules the Court made the Archon considerably tougher as you could only shoot at him if he was the nearest enemy unit and if there were other characters in front of him you'd waste a lot of firepower shooting whole units at one model at a time.

With the beta rules, characters no longer shield other characters. If this remains the case then the court losing character status is not really a bad thing.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?   Mon Apr 09 2018, 12:57

Like Adhemar said, your Archon is still hard to snipe, your courtiers, not.
Back to top Go down
Kissaki
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?   Mon Apr 09 2018, 13:02

What are beta rules though?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?   Mon Apr 09 2018, 13:41

Indeed, losing Character means that they prevent shooting at Characters, because they'll instead count as the nearest unit!
This is actually a good thing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
|Meavar
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?   Mon Apr 09 2018, 13:59

@Kissaki wrote:
What are beta rules though?

Characters do not count for closest target when targeting characters.

I personally dislike that now court can just be targeted so easy. Before they would survive the first few turns even when walking up the board. Right now they just die to a handfull of bolters.
If we could have taken more it would be less of an issue, but now they can both be targeted and I am only able to take 4 of them in most of my armies, this means that if they actually would bring what I needed they will die before coming in range.
Back to top Go down
Kissaki
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?   Mon Apr 09 2018, 14:17

The question was more about what beta rules are in general. Are those the preview rules for a new errata? Or is it edition 8.5. Or will those rules become edition 9?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?   Mon Apr 09 2018, 14:23

@Kissaki wrote:
The question was more about what beta rules are in general. Are those the preview rules for a new errata? Or is it edition 8.5. Or will those rules become edition 9?

The GW team is becoming much more active in changing the game based on emerging trends. The beta rules are potential changes that they are thinking of implementing but release to the public for comment, playtest etc. The only example that I'm aware of so far is here and includes the character rules that we've been discussing.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?   

Back to top Go down

Consequences of Court not having the Character Keyword anymore?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: