HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lelith and Blood Dancer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aliase
Slave

PostSubject: Lelith and Blood Dancer   Sun Apr 08 2018, 16:16

First of all hi everyone. I am a relatively new Dark Eldar player. I love the art and fluff around Lelith. But I am struggling to understand her warlord trait: Blood Dancer. How would you ever be able to hit on a 6+? Can someone walk me through how this would ever work? Sorry if I am being dense. I tried to research other posts and couldn't find anyone talking about how this is meant to work. Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Lelith and Blood Dancer   Sun Apr 08 2018, 17:00

I am not entirely certain I know what your confusion is, but I'll try my best. The basic gist is when rolling your to hit rolls, any dice that end up as 6s trigger the warlord trait's effect.

However, because this edition has reintroduced modifiers to dice rolls, that's where the "+" part comes in. Say for example on battle round 3 or later she would gain a +1 to all hit rolls in the fight phase thanks to power from pain, so any dice that roll 5s would be modified into a 6 and thus they would also activate the warlord trait (and any 6s would turn into 7s, hence the + part).

Now this also means if you were to give the Blood Dancer warlord trait to a standard Succubus, while wielding her glaive she is given a -1 to hit penalty and thus any dice rolls of 6 become 5s and cannot trigger the warlord trait unless that penalty is offset (such as battle round 3 power from pain).
Back to top Go down
Aliase
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Lelith and Blood Dancer   Sun Apr 08 2018, 17:04

Perfect. Thank you so much Uber for taking the time to explain. The modifiers were tripping me up. My other army is a sisters of battle army and I am not used to all these buffs, drugs, and other bonuses my lady Dark Eldar have yet. Heh Smile
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Lelith and Blood Dancer   Sun Apr 08 2018, 17:12

When you roll to hit, after you made your rerolls and AFTER modifiers you count all your rolls of 6+ once modified. So without any modifiers you just count the hit three times on every 6. Roll a 6 to hit => you score 3 hits instead of one.

But if something gives you -1 to hit for instance you will have none because all your rolls to hit of 6 become 5 once modified. On the other hand if you got a bonus to hit of +1, for instance from Power from Pain, all of your actual rolls of 6 become 7 and all your 5 become 6 so you will triple hits on 5 and 6.

And if you got both -1 and +1 to hit they just cancel each other, etc.

EDIT: Uber beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lelith and Blood Dancer   

Back to top Go down

Lelith and Blood Dancer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-