HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Multiple Alliances of Agony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isvan
Slave

PostSubject: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Sat Apr 07 2018, 18:02

Alliance of Agony is not limited to once per battle. Like Screaming Jets, because it's not used during a game turn the "use each stratagem once per turn" rule does not apply.

If I have an Archon, two Succubi and two Haemonculi, can I use AoA twice to give each model one warlord trait?
If I have one Archon, one Succubus and one Haemonculus, can I use AoA twice to give the two non Archons two traits each?
In the above scenario, can I take the same trait multiple times and stack the benefits?
If I can, can I take Soothsaying for D3 extra CPs, then spend that CP for more AoAs, effectively generating as many extra CP as I'm willing to roll D3s, and a similar number of stacked traits on any Succubi in the list? Soothsaying and AoA already both used at the same time slot, "Before the Battle".

Presumably the last of those isn't going to happen (though it looks like it from RAW) but I'm not sure which of the ones above it is the point where this stops being functional.

Last edited by Isvan on Mon Apr 09 2018, 09:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Sat Apr 07 2018, 20:40

I'm pretty certain the "one use" rule DOES apply.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Isvan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Sat Apr 07 2018, 21:06

STRATEGIC DISCIPLINE
The same Stratagem cannot be used by the same player more than
once during any single phase. This does not affect Stratagems that are not used during a phase, such as those used ‘before the battle begins’ or ‘at the end of a battle round’.

Empasis mine. Core rulebook page 215, Matched Play rules sidebar.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Sat Apr 07 2018, 22:51

As per rule, it seems it can be used more than once. But it is clearly ot the intent and will probably be FAQ'ed
Back to top Go down
Stea1k
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Sat Apr 07 2018, 23:06

Academically, afaik, an infinite combo can be generated due to a lack of definitions for WL traits and the nebulous rules for creating warlords. Practically, I would advise only taking 1 use per haemonculus and treat each trait as 1-of per character for the purpose of stacking (give each character 2+ different traits each). If that is your goal, then use it while it lasts.

"If brute force isn't working, your'e not using enough of it."
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 05:46

May not even get FAQ'd. Any abuse of this will be tempered by the number of HQ you would need to buy.

Although I could in theory do it 10 times. I'd need to buy 10 Haemonculi. Would you want to have spent that kind of points on Heamonculi?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 06:31

The only way to have an effective multiple Alliance of Agony list IMO would be in Apoc where players have more points or power level to play with. In 2k it would be funny to see but our army would be missing key elite units unless you go MSU in that instance people would be giving their opponent lots of kill points. I doubt they will FAQ this because it may never come up as even a problem.

If it were against intent the last sentence would say, "You can only use this stratagem once".

3,500 Harlequin
4000 Grey Knights
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 06:39

If it isn't dealt with in a FAQ, and they also don't stop multiple warlord traits on a single character...

use Alliance of Agony Stratagem
Give Haemonculus 'Diabolical Soothsayer' to get D3 command points back
Give Succubus 'Stimm Addict' for bonus Combat Drugs

After the process at worst you have got back your command point, and more than likely have gained.

Repeat this process to the same characters a ridiculous number of times and you have effectively unlimited command points, and your Succubus with S 10 and massive number of attacks will chop down anything it gets to fight against in a single round.

A simple clarification that a warlord can only gain a single warlord trait, or that multiples of the same trait do not stack, would fix that mess.

Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 07:17

Well I for one accept my incredibly OP army as it is.. Twisted Evil

Seriously though I didn't realize how ominously it was written. You guys maybe right, I interpreted it as warlord traits don't repeat. It turns out it doesnt state that anywhere.

3,500 Harlequin
4000 Grey Knights
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 08:27

Using it a second time to give 2 more HQs warlord traits doesn't seem too bad, but probably not intended.

And if we're just being pedantic, with no consideration for our opponents or our very souls, there is nothing technically stating you are limited to one warlord trait.  You just only get to pick one free one for your warlord. So you can technically just apply the same warlord trait an infinite amount of times. Spend 1CP, gain D3 back, spend 1CP, gain D3 back.  Basically just tell your opponent that you will never run out of CPs.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 10:26

Quote :
Basically just tell your opponent that you will never run out of CPs.

And that every single one of your Haemonculus can reroll every single dice roll he makes.

Don't forget that Trait also gives a reroll ^^

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 10:36

And the Succubus has infinite strength and attacks, so anything she engages in melee regardless of profile should be immediately removed from the table.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 15:16

Hmmm. Never thought of using the SAME Haemonculus and giving him multiple warlord traits. I had thought of using multiple Haemies.

Technically RAW, I suppose you could do that. I wouldn't myself as that seems over the top on cheese to me. But technically the rules would allow it.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 15:46

so we could build a succubus with a 1++, always fighting first, dealing mortal wounds on a 6+ and 2 combat drugs?
even if you would have to take the same trait over and over, a 1++ seems balanced (i know 1s always fail but still)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 15:48

i really wouldn't get your hopes up about this. If it makes it much past next week without a FAQ I'll be extremely surprised.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Alliances of Agony   Mon Apr 09 2018, 15:49

@Count Adhemar wrote:
i really wouldn't get your hopes up about this. If it makes it much past next week without a FAQ I'll be extremely surprised.

so the time is right to challenge 7 flyrants one more time lol!
Back to top Go down

Multiple Alliances of Agony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: