I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gorefather
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 00:20

@krayd wrote:
This was a question that GW was *supposed* to answer from the Index, but they left the wording the same, so it warrants repeating:

How exactly do cluster caltrops work? Is the 'unit that falls back' referring to unit(s) within 1" of the reavers, or is it referring to the reavers themselves falling back? If it is the former, then you can never roll more than one die for cluster caltrops - the latter makes more sense, as it would allow you to roll a die for every model with caltrops when the reavers fall back. However, the wording is extremely unclear.

The Index FAQ said it's when the enemy falls back, but for some reason they copied the Index rule instead of the FAQ wording.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 00:27

@Gorefather wrote:
@krayd wrote:
This was a question that GW was *supposed* to answer from the Index, but they left the wording the same, so it warrants repeating:

How exactly do cluster caltrops work? Is the 'unit that falls back' referring to unit(s) within 1" of the reavers, or is it referring to the reavers themselves falling back? If it is the former, then you can never roll more than one die for cluster caltrops - the latter makes more sense, as it would allow you to roll a die for every model with caltrops when the reavers fall back. However, the wording is extremely unclear.

The Index FAQ said it's when the enemy falls back, but for some reason they copied the Index rule instead of the FAQ wording.

Ah. I missed that FAQ clarification. That was stupid of them. The FAQ re-wording is *far* clearer.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 00:50

@TheBaconPope wrote:
Some of these are copies from the Index that are still unanswered in the Codex.

[*]Does the Haemonculus's Master of Pain ability apply to <Haemonculus Coven> vehicles?

[*]Can a mortal wound generated from the Ossefactor Generate additional Mortal Wounds?

[*]Do units embarked on Transports with differing Obsessions gain the bonus from both? (Can Poisoned Tongue Kabalite Warriors gain the benefits for being embarked on a Flayed Skull Raider?)

I feel like we are more likely to get questions addressed if we don’t drown them in obvious ones.

What leads you to question if the Haemonculus buffs Coven models when his rule says “buff Coven models”? Flayed Skull transports give no unique benefit to their riders. Any flayed skull unit gets a bonus from riding any flying transport. The modifier question seems far more relevant.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 00:54

Quote :
I feel like we are more likely to get questions addressed if we don’t drown them in obvious ones.

What leads you to question if the Haemonculus buffs Coven models when his rule says “buff Coven models”? Flayed Skull transports give no unique benefit to their riders. Any flayed skull unit gets a bonus from riding any flying transport. The modifier question seems far more relevant.

This is the second time you've answered this, at least the third question.

In regards to the first, I agree that it can be applied, but it might not be intended. The Haemoculi are flesh crafters, and vehicles are, obviously, not made of flesh. I believe that one was also addressed by someone else on the first page, though.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 01:15

@PFI wrote:
@Dalakh wrote:
@PFI wrote:
The Agents of Vect stratagem needs an FAQ. It says Kabal of the Black Heart Stratagem but doesn't require you targeting a Kabal of the black heart unit. Now for having a battle forged army with a drukhari detachment, you get access to every stratagem listed in the codex. Like the stratagem Insidious Misdirection. You gain access to it, but it would be useless if you didnt have any poisoned tongue models to target. Agents of Vect however would not be useless and every drukhari army has access to it.

So ultimately, can every army with a drukhari detachment use agents of Vect?

You can't use a stratagem if you don't have at least one pure detachment (other than auxiliary) of it's race or faction.

That's not true.
"If your army is battle-forged and includes any Drukhari Detachments (excluding auxiliary support detachments), you have access to the stratagems shown here, meaning you can spend command points to activate them. These help to reflect the unique strategies used by the Drukhari on the battlefield."

It looks like I have access to it and can spend command points to activate it. Are there any restrictions under the stratagem itself? No? Well guess I can use it

And to confuse it more the datacard doesn't say Kabal of the Black Heart anywhere on it.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 01:47

Can Kabalite Trueborn and Hekatrix Bloodbrides be used from the Index entry?

I'm actually not at all sure on this one, as it comes down to a model basis and whether there is a datasheet for your model in the Codex. If your Trueborn are just Kabalite Warriors with more special weapons then the first step of the flow chart process "DOES YOUR MODEL HAVE A DATASHEET IN A CODEX?" would lead you to say yes, it is a Kabalite Warrior. Even if you have some elaborate conversion, it would still ultimately be a Kabalite with a gun.

At the sillier end of the spectrum:
Can I use a Crucible of Malediction from the Index?

Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 02:58

Honestly my opinion is it's best to just accept what they took out from index to codex and move on, though I understand some people really still want to use trueborn.

The crucible one seems obvious to me, clearly we're not really supposed to be able to use it as a piece of wargear anymore.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 03:02

Unless my Index is defective, the Crucible did not appear in the Wargear list and did not have a point cost. It only ever appeared on the Haemonculus datasheet, which has now been updated. There is no flowchart path that seems to allow inclusion of the crucible as an item.

Regarding the Vect stratagem, the community article that introduced it specifically says you can only use it in Black Heart detachments.  I still hope they address it in the FAQ, though, just for those guys. Should also stop that Shining Spears nonsense. Man, that March rebalance GW promised is really late. Razz

It's really a shame when we know exactly what GW intends, everyone agrees on how it's supposed to work, but there are still some people that will go, "yeah but technically, if you read it this way...blah blah blah".

Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 03:21

Craftworld Autarchs could take Banshee masks or Mandiblasters and they aren't wargear, the FAQ allowed them to be played as such.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 03:33

Ah, then disregard what I said, and go nuts.

Except the Banshee mask, etc. actually had a point cost in the Index. I am not finding Crucible in "Other wargear" on the Drukhari point list?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 03:39

Here's one that I just thought of:

Can you take a splinter pistol for a haemonculus as per the index, and THEN exchange it for a relic that replaces a model's splinter pistol?
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 04:33

As per the index? The splinter pistol is not an option for the Haemonculus in the index. Otherwise I'd be doing that just to save 7 points.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 04:36

@withershadow wrote:
As per the index? The splinter pistol is not an option for the Haemonculus in the index.  Otherwise I'd be doing that just to save 7 points.

Nope. Just double-checked my Index Xenos 1. Splinter pistol is the default ranged weapon for the Haemonculus.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 04:39

@krayd wrote:
@withershadow wrote:
As per the index? The splinter pistol is not an option for the Haemonculus in the index.  Otherwise I'd be doing that just to save 7 points.

Nope. Just double-checked my Index Xenos 1. Splinter pistol is the default ranged weapon for the Haemonculus.
Right you are, I was just looking at a PDF and my eyes read stinger rather than splinter.

Now I am not sure, honestly.  Unlike the Crucible, we at least have a point value for the splinter pistol, so I think it's good to go for using it. I wouldn't bother with the relic because parasite's kiss isn't that amazing compared to the other relics available, but I will certainly be saving 7 points.

I would like to know about the Crucible, though. If possible, I'll take it every time.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 07:40

I know it is ridiculous, but, is Drazar's invulnerable save meant to be a 4++ instead of a 5++? This isn't the first time they have missed that.

Also, is drazar meant to have lethal precision like a klavex?

I know these are both leading questions, but having played with Drazar it really seems like they were intended but missed.

Plasma Grenades, are there meant to be points for them?
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 08:17

It seems like they were intended because he and the Incubi suck?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 09:51

I am trying to avoid obviously "why isn't this the case" anymore questions.

But sometimes obvious questions need to asked so that the cheeky can stop trying to argue them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
|Meavar
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 11:36

Kabal of the black heart stratagem and enemy warlord traits.

Grand stratagist (IG warlord trait) refunds command points when used
Agents of Vect, refunds command points (does it stack? and which goes first?)

A) Enemy has 3 command points and spends 3 command points on a stratagem.
He get's back 1 command point because of his Grand stratagist
You use Agents of Vect and roll a 2-5
Does he get the full 3 command points back (thus ending with 4 command points)

B) Enemy spends 3 command points on a stratagem.
He get's back 1 command point
You use Agents of Vect and roll a 2-5
He only get the 2 command points refunded that have not yet been refunded (thus having all 3 again)

C) Enemy spends 3 command points on a stratagem.
You use Agents of Vect and roll a 6
He cannot use Grand stratagist warlord power since the CP are lost not just spend?

I don't think it will be C, but both A and B seem plausable although it might be dependent on the wording of how they get CP back (For instance with our labirinthyne cunning cunning there would be no problem since we just gain a command point, we do not get command points refunded.

Can the Agents of Vect be used before the battle/ outside of a phase and will it then stop a repeat of that stratagem?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 12:11

Agents of Vect states that it is used "just after your opponent has spent CPs to use a stratagem", so the CPs have definitely been spent. Grand Strategist says "roll a dice for each Command Point spent..." and goes on to say "on a 5+ that Command Point is immediately refunded". I would say that "immediately" takes precedence over "just after".

So the order of operations IMO would be that your opponent declares he is using a stratagem and spends the appropriate number of CPs. You then get to roll for Labyrinthine Cunning (if you have it). He then rolls a dice for each CP spent and is refunded one point for each roll of 5+. You then play Agents of Vect and spend your 3 CPs (rolling for Labyrinthine Cunning again) and roll the dice for the stratagem. Even if you roll a 6, the CPs have already been spent so he could still try to regain them even if that order of operations isn't correct.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 13:50

I think we may have hit initial saturation on "sensible" questions, so I'm going to send this collection as it. I recommend others do so too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 14:44

@|Meavar wrote:

Can the Agents of Vect be used before the battle/ outside of a phase and will it then stop a repeat of that stratagem?
Did you try to read the stratagem before asking this question (and the others)? This is why we can’t have nice things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   

Back to top Go down

I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: