I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalakh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 22:23

@PFI wrote:
The Agents of Vect stratagem needs an FAQ. It says Kabal of the Black Heart Stratagem but doesn't require you targeting a Kabal of the black heart unit. Now for having a battle forged army with a drukhari detachment, you get access to every stratagem listed in the codex. Like the stratagem Insidious Misdirection. You gain access to it, but it would be useless if you didnt have any poisoned tongue models to target. Agents of Vect however would not be useless and every drukhari army has access to it.

So ultimately, can every army with a drukhari detachment use agents of Vect?

You can't use a stratagem if you don't have at least one pure detachment (other than auxiliary) of it's race or faction.
Back to top Go down
Dorkreign
Slave

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 22:44

I haven't gotten my codex yet, but I heard in a podcast (Long War?) that the wording on haemy toughness buff had changed, implying it could be stacked. Intentional or a printing error?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 22:58

Covens haemy states 'any'. The use of the word any means it is not stackable. I remember seeing it stated in the faq or designers commentary.
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 23:10

Can you add this ?

If I use Master of the Shadowed Sky, the Flayed Skull stratagem, on a Raider/Venom. Now that Raider/Venom has a +1 to hit modifier vs FLY units. Now THIS is an actual modifier for sure. So is a unit inside the transport affected by this modifier ?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 23:33

"Are pre-game Strategems limited to one use? For example could Alliance Of Agony or Screaming Jets be used multiple times, because they are used outside of game turns"

Page 215 under Match play mission Rules states you can use them multiple times before the battle begins or at end of a battle round.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 00:58

@Dalakh wrote:
@PFI wrote:
The Agents of Vect stratagem needs an FAQ. It says Kabal of the Black Heart Stratagem but doesn't require you targeting a Kabal of the black heart unit. Now for having a battle forged army with a drukhari detachment, you get access to every stratagem listed in the codex. Like the stratagem Insidious Misdirection. You gain access to it, but it would be useless if you didnt have any poisoned tongue models to target. Agents of Vect however would not be useless and every drukhari army has access to it.

So ultimately, can every army with a drukhari detachment use agents of Vect?

You can't use a stratagem if you don't have at least one pure detachment (other than auxiliary) of it's race or faction.

That's not true.
"If your army is battle-forged and includes any Drukhari Detachments (excluding auxiliary support detachments), you have access to the stratagems shown here, meaning you can spend command points to activate them. These help to reflect the unique strategies used by the Drukhari on the battlefield."

It looks like I have access to it and can spend command points to activate it. Are there any restrictions under the stratagem itself? No? Well guess I can use it
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 02:10

@PFI wrote:
"If your army is battle-forged and includes any Drukhari Detachments (excluding auxiliary support detachments), you have access to the stratagems shown here, meaning you can spend command points to activate them. These help to reflect the unique strategies used by the Drukhari on the battlefield."

It looks like I have access to it and can spend command points to activate it. Are there any restrictions under the stratagem itself? No? Well guess I can use it
RAW that is the case right now. Ynnari lists often have a Craftworlds detachment (typically Alaitoc), which allows them to gain access to the Saim Hann stratagem for advancing and charging their Ynnari Shining Spears.

If I was guessing, I think the main FAQ will say that subfaction specific stratagems are only unlocked by having a detachment of the relevant subfaction. That will tidy up both that case, and the Black Heart stratagem.

As for a FAQ entry:
Does the Serpentin Combat Drug (+1 WS) allow a Succubus with an Archite Glaive to hit on an unmodified roll of 2?

Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 02:33

Well yeah, the ynnari thing being used in LVO raised some flags to this one right away and it made it onto a bols list of faq issues. I just think its a hilarious oversight.

Already building my army around the inevitable faq's
Back to top Go down
Weidekuh
Slave

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 05:04

Fire and fade

Has already been answered in the craftworld FAQ. The flyer crashes.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 11:01

@Weidekuh wrote:
Fire and fade

Has already been answered in the craftworld FAQ. The flyer crashes.

Maybe so, but its worth asking on this specific version of it just so thats it clear and in writing.
We shouldn;t have to rely on other Codex's erratas.

Ultimately nothing is harmed by asking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
GreyArea
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 19:50

Does the helm of spite allow for double perils of the warp? Please excuse my ignorance if this is a silly question (I only play DE and so haven't learned much about the psychic phase)

Say your opponent was to roll double 1s and they peril, could you then use the helm to deny and cause more mortal wounds?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 19:51

I have two questions for the FAQ so far:

1) Voidraven Bomber - Void Mine ability:

"Then, roll three D6 for each VEHICLE or MONSTER in the unit, or one D6 for every other model in the unit, up to a maximum of 10 D6". Is this every other type of model, or you only roll for half the models in the unit?

I have always played it as the former, but I listened to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B3fXh86dpg today and they read it as the latter.

2) Labyrinthine Cunning warlord trait:

"Whilst your Warlord is alive, roll a D6 each time you or your opponent spends a Command Point to use a Stratagem; you gain one Command Point for each roll of a 6."

Does my warlord count as "being alive" for strategems used before battle round one, such as Screaming Jets?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 19:52

@GreyArea wrote:
Does the helm of spite allow for double perils of the warp? Please excuse my ignorance if this is a silly question (I only play DE and so haven't learned much about the psychic phase)

Say your opponent was to roll double 1s and they peril, could you then use the helm to deny and cause more mortal wounds?

Sent from Topic'it App

AFAIK you can only deny successful psychic tests.
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 19:56

From the core rules:

"A psyker can attempt to manifest a psychic power they know by taking a Psychic test. To do so, roll 2D6. If the total is equal to or greater than that power’s warp charge value, the power is successfully manifested."

"A psyker can attempt to resist a psychic power that has been manifested by an enemy model within 24" by taking a Deny the Witch test...".

I'd say it's pretty clear that you can't deny if a double one is rolled.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 19:59

@hekatrixxy wrote:

"Whilst your Warlord is alive, roll a D6 each time you or your opponent spends a Command Point to use a Stratagem; you gain one Command Point for each roll of a 6."

Does my warlord count as "being alive" for strategems used before battle round one, such as Screaming Jets?

Good question,  I play in a large community and we all agree that he isnt dead yet so you do.  Would be nice to got something more concrete though.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 20:08

@hekatrixxy wrote:
From the core rules:

"A psyker can attempt to manifest a psychic power they know by taking a Psychic test. To do so, roll 2D6. If the total is equal to or greater than that power’s warp charge value, the power is successfully manifested."

"A psyker can attempt to resist a psychic power that has been manifested by an enemy model within 24" by taking a Deny the Witch test...".

I'd say it's pretty clear that you can't deny if a double one is rolled.

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 20:33

@hekatrixxy wrote:

"Then, roll three D6 for each VEHICLE or MONSTER in the unit, or one D6 for every other model in the unit, up to a maximum of 10 D6". Is this every other type of model, or you only roll for half the models in the unit?

I have always played it as the former, but I listened to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B3fXh86dpg today and they read it as the latter.

Their interpretation seems to come from a weird quirk in the english language that wasn't anticipated by GW. I think it's pretty obvious if they really wanted you to throw a dice per two models in the unit that they would have worded that much differently.

Still forth a FAQ just to be sure but no one is gonna rob me of half my MW on such a stupid read of the rule.
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 20:39

I completely agree, InControl and Frankie's interpretation seems odd, and it sounded like Frankie only just thought of it that way for the first time during the review, implying he had been using it the other way in all of his previous games.

It could be worded as such, to remove the ambiguity:

Roll a D6 for each model in the unit, unless a model is a VEHICLE or MONSTER in which case roll three D6 instead, up to a maximum of 10 D6.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 21:12

Much clearer indeed.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 21:49

@hekatrixxy wrote:
I have two questions for the FAQ so far:

I have always played it as the former, but I listened to today and they read it as the latter.

#1 makes me facepalm and lose all faith in humanity. From the context it is patently clear that "other" in this case is referring to things that aren't Monsters or Vehicles.
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:21

I feel legit crummy over here. I've been reading the void mine as "one for every two models" because if you rephrased it in literally any other way it would be unambiguous ("any other" instead of "every other" for instance), so clearly they had to pick that idiotic phrasing for a reason, right...?
Back to top Go down
Dorkreign
Slave

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:28

Hadn't even considered reading it as "one for every two", since I'm used to bombing with a dark talon, which is one for each (but on 4+).
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:51

@mynamelegend wrote:
I feel legit crummy over here. I've been reading the void mine as "one for every two models" because if you rephrased it in literally any other way it would be unambiguous ("any other" instead of "every other" for instance), so clearly they had to pick that idiotic phrasing for a reason, right...?

Shame on you for reading sentences correctly Laughing Learn2read minds

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:55

@mynamelegend wrote:

I think in this case what isn't there says more than was is.

That would be : the precision that you should round up or down if you have an odd number of models affected which should be present if 1 dice per 2 models was indeed what they meant.

Elementary my dear Waston. Cool
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Mon Apr 09 2018, 00:06

This was a question that GW was *supposed* to answer from the Index, but they left the wording the same, so it warrants repeating:

How exactly do cluster caltrops work? Is the 'unit that falls back' referring to unit(s) within 1" of the reavers, or is it referring to the reavers themselves falling back? If it is the former, then you can never roll more than one die for cluster caltrops - the latter makes more sense, as it would allow you to roll a die for every model with caltrops when the reavers fall back. However, the wording is extremely unclear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   

Back to top Go down

I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: