Share | 

I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 15:00

I'm thinking it might be worth assembling another FAQ list based on the new Codex.
Turnaround time on these is usually quite decent from GW, so if we collect our questions again and spam them, we might get responses this time around.

So, what do you see in the new Codex? What needs answering?

Add yours, and I'll assembled a list.

• Can a unit with a minimum move value (such as the Razorwing and Voidraven Bomber) use the 'Fire And Fade' Strategem? Or will they crash because the 7" move is below their minimum value?
  • Can a mortal wound generated from the Ossefactor Generate additional Mortal Wounds?
  • Does an Archon benefit from its own Overlord ability whilst embarked on a Transport? If so, do other models embarked on the same Transport count as being within range of it?
  • The only rules for access to Strategems say "If your army is Battle-forged and includes any Drukhari Detachments, you have access to the Strategems shown here..." As 'Agents Of Vect' does not actually target a Black Heart unit, can it be used by non-Black heart armies?
  • Do passangers in an Open Topped Transport benefit from modifers on their transport granted from Obessions and Kabal/Cult/Coven specific Strategems? For example, would a Black Heart unit on a Flayed Skull transport benefit from the +1 To Hit vs. FLy given by Master Of The Shadowed Sky? Would the same unit in a Obsidian Rose Transport gain +6" range to their weapons?
  • Are pre-game and deployment Strategems limited to one use? For example could Alliance Of Agony or Screaming Jets be used multiple times, because they are used outside of game turns.
  • Labyrinthine Cunning - does yoru Warlord count as "being alive" when rolling for COmmand points spent beforew the beginning of the game, for example when using Command Points on a Webway portal?
  • Void Mine - does "every other model" means every model other than those previously described, or every second model? (Language quirk)
  • Cluster Caltrops - does "a unit that falls back" refer to the Reaver unit falling back, or the enemy unit?
  • Strategems used before the game can be used multipler times as per the main rulebook. Could Alliance Of Agony then be used to give a single Haemonculus or Succubus multiple Warlord Traits?

Last edited by Squidmaster on Mon Apr 09 2018, 10:39; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dalakh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 15:12

@Squidmaster wrote:
Can a unit with a minimum move value (such as the Razorwing and Voidraven Bomber) use the 'Fire And Fade' Stratgem? Or will they crash because the 7" move is below their minimum value?

Minimum move rule explicitly applies during the movement phase only but the Fire and Fade stratagem specifically states that you move "as if it were the movement phase". So the final answer is : yes, if you use fire and fade on a plane, it is destroyed instantly.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 15:42

Some of these are copies from the Index that are still unanswered in the Codex.

[*]Does the Haemonculus's Master of Pain ability apply to <Haemonculus Coven> vehicles?

[*]Can a mortal wound generated from the Ossefactor Generate additional Mortal Wounds?

[*]Do units embarked on Transports with differing Obsessions gain the bonus from both? (Can Poisoned Tongue Kabalite Warriors gain the benefits for being embarked on a Flayed Skull Raider?)

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:00

@TheBaconPope wrote:

[*]Does the Haemonculus's Master of Pain ability apply to <Haemonculus Coven> vehicles?

[*]Can a mortal wound generated from the Ossefactor Generate additional Mortal Wounds?

[*]Do units embarked on Transports with differing Obsessions gain the bonus from both? (Can Poisoned Tongue Kabalite Warriors gain the benefits for being embarked on a Flayed Skull Raider?)

Pretty sure the answers to the top one is clearly Yes. I'll add the other two though.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:02

Last question is silly. Read the rules.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:07

Can you use the stratagem to consolidate into a vehicle that requires you to move away from the closest enemy?

Sent from Topic'it App

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:08

@Squidmaster wrote:
@TheBaconPope wrote:

[*]

Pretty sure the answers to the top one is clearly Yes. I'll add the other two though.

@withershadow wrote:

Actually, that is a good point. There are no rules transfered to passangers for this to matter. The ability of Flawed Skull counts for units embarked on transports, its not an ability of the transports given to the unit.
So it wouldn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:10

@Mppqlmd wrote:
Can you use the stratagem to consolidate into a vehicle that requires you to move away from the closest enemy?

Sent from Topic'it App

Do you mean the Red Grief one?
I'm not sure what you're asking.
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:11

@TheBaconPope wrote:

That one you can easily answer : You can't because there is no way to have transports give Obsessions bonuses to their passengers. On the example you cite the bonus (ignore cover and reroll 1s on rapid fire) comes from the unit that is being transported and not from the transport giving it to its passengers (although the transport itself does benefit from it's own obsession obviously).

The rule reads : "In addition, enemy units do not receive the benefit to their saving throws for being in cover against attacks made by models with this obession that can FLY or that are embarked upon a transport that can FLY."

Which you can simplify into : "In addition, enemy units do not receive the benefit to their saving throws for being in cover against attacks made by models with this obession [...] that are embarked upon a transport that can FLY."

Now, knowing this, the interesting thing is you can have Flayed Skull kabalites benefit from their obsession of ignoring cover and rerolling 1s to hit on rapid fire (but not 1s to wound) while embarked upon a Poisoned Tongue Venom which will reroll 1s to wound on its fire and melee (but not ignore cover or reroll hits).

And yes to the first two by RAW, but you knew that.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:12

@Mppqlmd wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App
Again, read the rules. It specifically says instead of moving towards nearest enemy you move towards nearest transport.

We are 1 for 5 so far for legitimate questions, and even for that one we all know what the answer will be.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:12

Edit: Answered above, disregard.

Last edited by TheBaconPope on Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:14

@Mppqlmd wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

Yes, it's the whole purpose of the stratagem. You can even use it while you are still within 1" of the enemy but you can only move towards the nearest Red Grief Transport.

Last edited by Dalakh on Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:15

Models with this obsession

A, that can fly

B, embarked in a flying transport.

They need the obsession anyway.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:16

@Mppqlmd wrote:
Models with this obsession

A, that can fly

B, embarked in a flying transport.

They need the obsession anyway.

But whey don't need the transport to be of their obsession.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:19

Sure, but no obsession is ever transmitted to the passagers of a transport. The passagers have their obsession, and the transport can have its one.
There is no flayed skull + poisoned tongue double reroll combo.

Sent from Topic'it App

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:32

@Mppqlmd wrote:
Sure, but no obsession is ever transmitted to the passagers of a transport. The passagers have their obsession, and the transport can have its one.
There is no flayed skull + poisoned tongue double reroll combo.

Sent from Topic'it App

Yes, as i said myself before, I'm just making the precision Smile .
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:44

We could ask something like: "Does the Court of the Archon count as being within 3" of the Archon if they're embarked on a transport with him?"

Yes, we all know the RAW answer is going to be 'no', but it might make them reconsider the rules for auras and vehicles.

Could also ask: "Does the Archon benefit from his own aura when embarked in a transport?"

shadowseercB
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:58

Does the Incubi Tormentors ability work on units that automatically pass Leadership test? Or do units that automatically pass ignore this ability?

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 18:42

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
We could ask something like: "Does the Court of the Archon count as being within 3" of the Archon if they're embarked on a transport with him?"

Yes, we all know the RAW answer is going to be 'no', but it might make them reconsider the rules for auras and vehicles.

Could also ask: "Does the Archon benefit from his own aura when embarked in a transport?"
If we are going to ask leading questions, I propose the following:
1 Drazhars ability seems to be misspelled as reroll hits rather than wounds. Typo?
2 How many points is the reaver jetbike option for Archons and Wyches?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 18:46

@Squidmaster wrote:
@Squidmaster wrote:
@TheBaconPope wrote:

[*]

[*]

@withershadow wrote:

Actually, that is a good point. There are no rules transfered to passangers for this to matter. The ability of Flawed Skull counts for units embarked on transports, its not an ability of the transports given to the unit.
So it wouldn't matter.

[*]

Are you saying that because the modifier ability is applied before the game that it wont affect passengers?  I think the 3rd question is a good one because the way it is stated can be easily confusing and would be helpful if errata'd for clarity.

Units do not need to share a Kabal keyword to enter transports btw and may apply to Kabal of Obsidian Rose transport.  Flayed Skull wouldnt matter.

3,500 Harlequin

Last edited by shadowseercB on Sat Apr 07 2018, 19:20; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 19:05

@withershadow wrote:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:

1 Drazhars ability seems to be misspelled as reroll hits rather than wounds. Typo?

lol!

Well, if we're going all in:
3 The Archon can use the Scourge's Venom Blade, how many points does it cost for him to use their wings as well?

Wink

withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 19:35

@shadowseercB wrote:

Are you saying that because the modifier ability is applied before the game that it wont affect passengers?  I think the 3rd question is a good one because the way it is stated can be easily confusing and would be helpful if errata'd for clarity.

Units do not need to share a Kabal keyword to enter transports btw and may apply to Kabal of Obsidian Rose transport.  Flayed Skull wouldnt matter.

No, we are saying you need to read the rule more closely. A Flayed Skull transport does not confer any particular abilities to the unit it is transporting, period.  A Flayed Skull unit that can fly (innately or through transport) gets the Flayed Skull bonus. That's it.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the Obsidian Rose. Yeah, the transport would have extra range on its guns, and yes if you put a Flayed Skull unit inside, the Flayed Skull unit would get their rerolls with rapid fire weapons.

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@withershadow wrote:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:

lol!

Well, if we're going all in:
3 The Archon can use the Scourge's Venom Blade, how many points does it cost for him to use their wings as well?

Wink
You are too straightforward, and give away the jig by adding a qualifier. This is how it's done:

3. All of the Scourge gear options for the Archon seem to be missing point values except for venom blades. Can we assume they cost 0?

If all that fails,

4. What is the home address, schedule, and list of fears of the person who is in a position to make changes to rules?
4a. Where do their kids go to school/daycare?

What a Face
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 19:55

The Agents of Vect stratagem needs an FAQ. It says Kabal of the Black Heart Stratagem but doesn't require you targeting a Kabal of the black heart unit. Now for having a battle forged army with a drukhari detachment, you get access to every stratagem listed in the codex. Like the stratagem Insidious Misdirection. You gain access to it, but it would be useless if you didnt have any poisoned tongue models to target. Agents of Vect however would not be useless and every drukhari army has access to it.

So ultimately, can every army with a drukhari detachment use agents of Vect?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 20:09

@withershadow wrote:

You are too straightforward, and give away the jig by adding a qualifier. This is how it's done:

3. All of the Scourge gear options for the Archon seem to be missing point values except for venom blades. Can we assume they cost 0?

Ah, you're right. That's much better. Twisted Evil

Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   Sat Apr 07 2018, 20:23

Some good ideas hidden amongst there!

Adding!

Any other thoughts on actual questions that need asking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST   

Back to top Go down

I think it helped last time: FAQ LIST
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-