Dex is out!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 19:21

I think I get it.

Use this stratagem before a model throws a grenade at a vehicle.

Because the wording doesn't say immediately before, you can use the stratagem in multiple phases before a grenade is thrown. Rules as written you could stack it and be able to instantly kill a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 19:33

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard lol. I'm not saying you're wrong but try telling your opponent "oh I'm going to throw a grenade on turn 5 so I can just use this over and over."

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 19:37

@Burnage wrote:
I think I get it.

Use this stratagem before a model throws a grenade at a vehicle.

Because the wording doesn't say immediately before, you can use the stratagem in multiple phases before a grenade is thrown. Rules as written you could stack it and be able to instantly kill a vehicle.

That wouldn't work. The Stratagem refers to the specific grenade that you actually throw.

So if you want to use it on turn 1 and say that you'll throw the grenade on turn 5, go nuts. It will do literally nothing until you elect to actually throw the grenade.

TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 21:37

Haywire and torment grenades can be used at the same time on the same target. Your Wyches turn into smite monsters every turn for just a couple CP

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 21:56

That's a solid idea for maybe a turn or 2 but you'll run out of cp fast if you keeping using 2 a turn on those two stratagems. Granted it's good for getting mortal wounds in when you need them.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 21:59

We are very hungry for CPs, with many being eaten up by Relics and Deployment tricks before we even get started. Some kind of CP farming mechanism is very much needed in the list to compete at the top tier.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 21:59

All the lists I've been coming up with involve a brigade so I'm looking at an easy 3-4 turns of this if I wanted.

Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:01

How are you finding rooms for Wych units to be tossing grenades? A brigade with 3 Archons (ugh), 3 mandrakes, 3 scourges, 3 ravagers, plus I assume 5-man warrior spam eats up a lot of points already.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:06

Because the Wyches are in place of some of the Warriors.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:11

@TeenageAngst wrote:
Haywire and torment grenades can be used at the same time on the same target. Your Wyches turn into smite monsters every turn for just a couple CP

I thought you were only allowed to use the same stratagem once each turn?

Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:13

@withershadow wrote:
We are very hungry for CPs, with many being eaten up by Relics and Deployment tricks before we even get started. Some kind of CP farming mechanism is very much needed in the list to compete at the top tier.

But... we already have one? The Black Heart warlord trait.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:13

You are, which is why I like this. They can both be used and do virtually the same thing, and you can even use both coming from the same unit if you choose.

Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:17

@Burnage wrote:
@withershadow wrote:

Also the Prophets of the Flesh warlord trait. Especially since, at least until it gets FAQd, you can use Alliance of Agony more than once to get 1d3-1 CP for each PoF HQ in your army.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 23:43

@mynamelegend wrote:
@Burnage wrote:
@withershadow wrote:

Also the Prophets of the Flesh warlord trait. Especially since, at least until it gets FAQd, you can use Alliance of Agony more than once to get 1d3-1 CP for each PoF HQ in your army.

That works with a supreme command detachment for extra shenanigans. 5 PoF, all grabbing 1d3-1 CP, and with +1 for the formation. Oh, and you can grab a Grotesque unit as well for good measure.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 00:41

Yeah but then you've got a bunch of useless Haemonculi hanging around. That's like a 400 point dump.

Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 01:36

Sad thought just dawned on me that we can't give haemonculi the parasites kiss anymore
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 02:16

@TeenageAngst wrote:
Yeah but then you've got a bunch of useless Haemonculi hanging around. That's like a 400 point dump.

Eh, Haemies are pretty durable and have the best weapon options of our HQs. You get a bunch of T5 4++ 6+++ HQs with sniper rifle or liquifier + Electrocorrosive whips, a free reroll each, and a bunch of extra CPs. Throw them all in a venom and you have a pretty nasty unit.

It's our only way to get a proper sniper unit, too.
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 02:46

@Mikoneo wrote:
Sad thought just dawned on me that we can't give haemonculi the parasites kiss anymore

You can still take splinter pistols through the Index.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 02:54

@FuelDrop wrote:
@TeenageAngst wrote:

Eh, Haemies are pretty durable and have the best weapon options of our HQs. You get a bunch of T5 4++ 6+++ HQs with sniper rifle or liquifier + Electrocorrosive whips, a free reroll each, and a bunch of extra CPs. Throw them all in a venom and you have a pretty nasty unit.

It's our only way to get a proper sniper unit, too.

Yeah a sniper unit of 5 for 400pts, I think I'll pass. Hexrifle still seems meh to me, so does the liquifier gun so I'd rather stick with a cheaper haemonculus. Also really just don't like the idea of dumping 500+ pts into characters, taking 3-4 in a standard list is enough characters already.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 09:30

@Gorefather wrote:
@Mikoneo wrote:

But the splinter pistol used to just be their base weapon. I don't think you can take it from the Index because it was never an upgrade.

withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 10:30

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@Gorefather wrote:
@Mikoneo wrote:

But the splinter pistol used to just be their base weapon. I don't think you can take it from the Index because it was never an upgrade.
The pistol, and even more so, the crucible, are both in a vague place right now.

That said, the goal of the flowchart is to allow you to use legacy models that are no longer legal. If you had a Haemonculus with a splinter pistol based on the previous edition, I don't see why you couldn't use that option now and pay the points cost (0).
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 10:57

@withershadow wrote:

The pistol, and even more so, the crucible, are both in a vague place right now.

That said, the goal of the flowchart is to allow you to use legacy models that are no longer legal. If you had a Haemonculus with a splinter pistol based on the previous edition, I don't see why you couldn't use that option now and pay the points cost (0).

The problem is that there's no Splinter Pistol option in the Index. The only options are to trade the Splinter Pistol you already have for something else.

I agree that you should be able to take one (truthfully I don't see the point of removing the Splinter Pistol from the Haemonculus in the first place), but the current flowchart only appears to allow for missing optional wargear, not missing base wargear.

Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 11:08

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@withershadow wrote:

The problem is that there's no Splinter Pistol option in the Index. The only options are to trade the Splinter Pistol you already have for something else.

I agree that you should be able to take one (truthfully I don't see the point of removing the Splinter Pistol from the Haemonculus in the first place), but the current flowchart only appears to allow for missing optional wargear, not missing base wargear.

"Haemonculus with a splinter pistol" is an option in the Index, so you can take it. You then use the Codex point costs for both the Haemonculus and the Splinter Pistol.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 11:14

@Burnage wrote:

"Haemonculus with a splinter pistol" is an option in the Index, so you can take it. You then use the Codex point costs for both the Haemonculus and the Splinter Pistol.

If you completely ignore the flowchart, sure.

Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Mon Apr 09 2018, 11:33

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@Burnage wrote:

If you completely ignore the flowchart, sure.

Does your Haemonculus with a Splinter Pistol model have a datasheet in the Codex?

No.

So you use the Index datasheet. Regardless of what datasheet you use, you then use the most recent points values published.

I'm happy considering the Splinter Pistol as a wargear option, but if you're not I don't see why the above wouldn't apply. The only thing you're missing out on is the potential to take an Ichor Injector alongside a Splinter Pistol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   

Back to top Go down

Dex is out!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: