Share | 

Dex is out!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
helvexis
Sybarite

PostSubject: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 02:27

the dex is out and some kind person let me at some photos. Enjoy the rules.
https://imgur.com/a/969Wq

if against forum rules(it may be but i am really really tired/excited about this) pls delete
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 02:55

In no way does man so nearly approach the gods as in giving codexes to men.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 03:24

Misc thoughts I haven't seem brought up yet

Lhaemamenensns lost their splinter pistols? Why?

Talos with Chain Flails look actually pretty scary, I'm kinda sad I used all of them for bits. Guess I'm going to have to buy MORE Pain Engines.

I keep looking between the Codex and Index Cronos and I feel like I'm having a stroke. The Codex version has an option for a Spirit Probe, does that mean it's an upgrade?

Raiders and Venoms say *Drukhari Infantry* and not <Kabal> etc for their transport options, that means mixed Kabals are a go? Flayed Skull Raiders carrying Wyches?

The Soul Thirst warlord trait looks really fun if you want to go all in on killy Archons. It looks a bit better than the Flayed Skull version IMO.

Overall, I like it Smile
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 04:36

Beastmaster got a slight nerf. Only reroll hits of 1 instead of all hits

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 04:41

If he got an appropriate pts cost reduction I can handle that I think. Must resist the urge to look at these images, I don't want to see a single page until I'm holding that physical book in hand tomorrow morning, weird as that may sound considering we've seen all the rules leaks. So close now.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 04:53

He did. I like him better as weaker but cheaper tbh.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 05:00

Yeah 50pts was too expensive for a character that has almost no melee output.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 05:38

Khymera still taken in pairs :/

On the bright side, how has nobody mentioned "Release the Beasts" yet? 1CP to reroll charges for anything within 6" of a Beastmaster? Yes please.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 05:48

Yup very handy little stratagem for beast hordes.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:12

Thanks for this, nice to have an ipad version to go with my physical copy.

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
If he got an appropriate pts cost reduction I can handle that I think. Must resist the urge to look at these images, I don't want to see a single page until I'm holding that physical book in hand tomorrow morning, weird as that may sound considering we've seen all the rules leaks. So close now.

Well, you may actually have quite a few pleasant surprises, since a lot of the leaked info was incorrect or incomplete. Like pretty much everything regarding Beasts and Court models, unless I am missing a page of rules.

Having a Beastmaster doesn't seem to be mandatory to field beasts. You are not limited to 3 beast units per Beastmaster. None of them take up slots only if there is a beastmaster present, but otherwise are normal fast attack choices. Court models are NOT limited to four per Archon, and do not require an Archon's inclusion to be taken at all. The only change to courts that I can see is that now they all automatically don't take up slots if there is an Archon in same detachment (in index you could pick 4 to be without a slot).

A lot of small changes to units that are pretty cool
Clawed Fiends now get +1 attack once they've suffered a wound.
Khymarae now are daemons, not fully sure of what mechanical difference this will make.

Incubi have a real neat new ability, Tormentors. If enemy morale check equals their leadership, they still lose a model. Seems to be pretty fun with leadership bomb abilities.

Strange that so much misinformation was floating around. Either these scans are missing margin notes (so I'll feel dumb about this post tomorrow), these folks were lying (dick move), were only pretending to have the book to look cool (losers), or simply can't read (go to school). Razz
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:14

Anyone notice the Cult of the Red Grief Stratagem? Kill a unit, consolidate towards the nearest transport and embark...even if you disembarked the same turn!
Holy crap!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:16

@TheBaconPope wrote:
Anyone notice the Cult of the Red Grief Stratagem? Kill a unit, consolidate towards the nearest transport and embark...even if you disembarked the same turn!
Holy crap!

Yeah its a pretty fun stratagem, too bad it come with the worst whyches
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:17

Sslyth lost a wound. Sad

Ur-Ghul gained 2 leadership. LOL.

Liquifiers still garbage. Cronos still seems very bad. Talos gauntlet is kind of insulting being a +2S powerfist.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:18

@withershadow wrote:
Sslyth lost a wound. Sad

Ur-Ghul gained 2 leadership. LOL.

Liquifiers still garbage. Cronos still seems very bad. Talos gauntlet is kind of insulting being a +2S powerfist.

I think taking 1 Chronos as a totem is ok but i need to try it to figure this out
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:23

Torment Grenade is sweet. 1CP to deal D3 mortal wounds. 3D6 leadership average result is 10-11, so almost everything in the game fails it.

Poisoned Tongue stratagem is potentially also very good. You can set up very aggressively, and if your opponent seizes initiative, you can redeploy those forward elements.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:28

@withershadow wrote:

Having a Beastmaster doesn't seem to be mandatory to field beasts. You are not limited to 3 beast units per Beastmaster. None of them take up slots only if there is a beastmaster present, but otherwise are normal fast attack choices. Court models are NOT limited to four per Archon, and do not require an Archon's inclusion to be taken at all. The only change to courts that I can see is that now they all automatically don't take up slots if there is an Archon in same detachment (in index you could pick 4 to be without a slot).

Strange that so much misinformation was floating around. Either these scans are missing margin notes (so I'll feel dumb about this post tomorrow), these folks were lying (dick move), were only pretending to have the book to look cool (losers), or simply can't read (go to school). Razz

Hu, that's all fairly interesting. So if I understand you correctly, you can take a beastmaster and then any beasts you take don't fill up any sort of slots? Cause that sounds too good to me, that would let me field as many little razorwing flocks as I wanted in a raiding force army without having to worry about fast attack slots. Suppose I'll see for myself tomorrow either way.

I wouldn't blame or call out anyone for false information, rumors always involve a lot of here say and people get stuff wrong when tons of people on the internet are all begging and crying for information asap.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:30

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
@withershadow wrote:

Hu, that's all fairly interesting. So if I understand you correctly, you can take a beastmaster and then any beasts you take don't fill up any sort of slots? Cause that sounds too good to me, that would let me field as many little razorwing flocks as I wanted in a raiding force army without having to worry about fast attack slots. Suppose I'll see for myself tomorrow either way.

I wouldn't blame or call out anyone for false information, rumors always involve a lot of here say and people get stuff wrong when tons of people on the internet are all begging and crying for information asap.

No you are limited to 3 unit of beast on a detachement if you have a beastmaster and they dont take slot
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 07:46

@Quauchtemoc wrote:

No you are limited to 3 unit of beast on a detachement if you have a beastmaster and they dont take slot

I don't read that limitation of 3 units. Or maybe I didn't find it.

Beastmaster: re roll hits rolls of 1 for friendly Drukhari beast units while within 6". If your army is BFed, you must include at least 1 drukhari beast unit for each beastmaster unit in that detachment. Drukhari beast units do not take up slots.

At least 1 drukhari beast unit. Doesn't say "and max 3 units" or "one of each".
From my understanding: You can field as much as beast units you want as long as you have a beastmaster.

Edit: See Matched play rules p.212

Last edited by Alezya on Sat Apr 07 2018, 07:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 07:54

Well i double checked and in my codex they said 3 beast per detachement and you need a beastmaster to take beast. I have the french version but this doesnt loo like a translation mistake
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 07:56

@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well i double checked and in my codex they said 3 beast per detachement and you need a beastmaster to take beast. I have the french version but this doesnt loo like a translation mistake

No you were right!
It specifies in the Matched Play rules (p212) on the chapter indicating obsessions and stuff. With court of the archon limitations, and beasts.

My bad!

But! It doesn't say anything about matched play and patrol detachments limitations... mmmmh
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 07:58

@Alezya wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:

No you were right!
It specifies in the Matched Play rules (p212) on the chapter indicating obsessions and stuff. With court of the archon limitations, and beasts.

My bad!

But! It doesn't say anything about matched play and patrol detachments limitations... mmmmh

Well i hope they will say something about it on the next FAQ but honnestly i finnaly find its not thats annoying annyway when i try to do some decklist
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 08:00

*delete please*
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 08:01

In my defense, I did put my being blind as the very first of possibilities. Razz

I did find the rule, and It’s actually even worse than previously spoiled. It’s not 3 per beastmaster, it’s a total of 3 max in a detachment (so you can only take a max 3 beastmasterd. Court are indeed slotless 4/detachment regardless of how many archons you’re rocking.

Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 08:05

@Alezya wrote:

Because technically the detachment limit is not a matched play limitation, but a "suggested rule for organized events." That's part of the problem people are running into. It's only "suggested" so GW did not have to design the raiding force rule with tournaments in mind as one could easily ignore the rule while still playing within matched play rules when playing among friends or local clubs or the like.

So unfortunately it is unlikely that GW themselves will make any official statement about it, and we'll either need to see which of our friends are willing to play without the limitation (though I'd say it'd be a good idea for fairness sake to make sure it isn't exclusive to dark eldar only), or practice making 3 detachment limit lists. Which unfortunately after a few tries at list building, I've got to say I might have to agree with the folks saying that competitive tournament worthy lists are probably not going to be made with patrols anyways. :/
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   Sat Apr 07 2018, 08:33

Patrol detachments have to deal with a hefty HQ tax. It definitely works at the three patrol level if you’re allowed to take another detachment of flyers or whatever, but at the 6 patrol level... eh, 6HQs 6 Troops for 8 command points, or 4 HQs and 6 troops for two battalions and 6 command points. Not sure the extra two CPs are worth the extra 100-150 points worth of characters.

One thing I did notice, though, the poisoned tongue Kabal lets you re-roll 1s to wound on ALL melee attacks, not just poisoned ones like I read it at first. So Sslyth would be re-rolling hits, and re-rolling 1s to wound. Shame about them losing a wound, but I do think they are very respectable for a retinue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dex is out!   

Back to top Go down

Dex is out!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: