HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

How do you transport your army?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rodi Sikni
Hellion

PostSubject: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 13:56

I have expended 2 days repairing my ravagers and raiders, and a cold fear invades me when i think about repair units like witches and hellions.

How do you transport your army? All our miniatures have a lots of details that dificult they transport and that are easy broken. Now that we are practicly a horde army, do you know a confortable way to transport 2000 points of vehicles and infantry?
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 14:05

there is a good magnetization guide on youtube for ravagers (lets you set them up to pull double duty as raiders as well) that really strip their profile down and make them easier to box up.
other than that i would like to know as well.

ive got about 15 hellions that are going to be a real pain to safely transport once they are finally painted.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 16:58

Battlefoam makes custom trays just designed for dark eldar, the foam as exact cutouts for raiders, ravagers venoms etc. It's wickedly expensive though, so I use army transport instead, which just gives you your own foam to cut out for much cheaper. I don't have quite enough foam yet for all my stuff so I use a ton of bubblewrap to keep everything safe, hasn't let me down yet with any major breakages.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 17:02

I use feldherr cases and foam, and I highly recommend them.

You can customize your foam to fit the size and shape of your minis, and it isn't that expensive.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 19:37

I've found that a standard toolbox and upholstery foam cut to fit works perfectly well for a 1500 point list. Magnetising our vehicles helps a ton, though.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 19:46

just got a 720 and the magnet stands from Battlefoam at Adepticon, haven't had the time to magnetize my dudes or set it up from school, but the "Charlie" package has a 6" space for me to put my stuff, which is like just barely enough for Raiders, etc.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 20:18

KR multicase lets you make custom foam.

I am a big battlefoam customer and supporter, but I do realize they are expensive. I am currently designing my foam, actually, will look something like this for the transports portion:

I am still fiddling with the tantalus/raider foam, will have to wait until I receive my Reaper and Tantalus so I can figure out how I need to magnetize stuff and where to fit the prow laser so I can use the reaper as a Ravager.
Back to top Go down
Shizi
Slave

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 20:25

Magnets on bases and metal plate in plastic tray for transports and large models, foam for infantry. Yea a lot of place wasted, but never had any problems with it
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 20:29

I use the cital crusader and pluck foam hardcases. For the moment I’m playing around with the thought of buying a fluffy fleece or wool sweater and hitching the army straight onto it, like velcro.

Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Thu Apr 05 2018, 21:21

I have a 12 year old case from GW that I still use for my Warriors and Wyches and other infanty and I have two battle foam "things" one that has slots for three Ravagers and two Raiders and another one that has slots for nine bikes, three venoms and two or three Talos that are nice. I usually put the rest of my stuff in random boxes.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Fri Apr 06 2018, 04:17

I use battlefoam. The vehicle cut outs are perfect. However the basic troop ( warrior/wyche) is too small; use one of the other troop trays with larger cutouts/deeper foam instead.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Fri Apr 06 2018, 06:55

I use this for vehicles mostly :

Though I cutted the foam inside to fit for some.
Can't remember the exact numbers but I can fit in 1 RWJF, 2 Ravagers, 3 (or 4?) Raiders, 5 (or 6?) Venoms, 6 Reavers, 5 Hellions, and there is still some place left for Talos's and stuff...

For infantry.

I use this since the 5th Ed Codex is out (nearly 10 years or so? wow time goes fast) and the new models (sold the old ones): Never had a single damage. Pikes/lances for the venoms are annoying, but I am extra extra extra extra careful when I pack this army Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Fri Apr 06 2018, 13:32

I got that case for my iron warriors. I bought Feldherr boxes and foam for my dark Eldar. 6 boxes and plenty of space left
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Fri Apr 06 2018, 14:16

Excellent question! After getting annoyed just like you with repairing my models all the time I finally broke down and custom built a damn carrying... tray/box. Basically its simply 2 sheets of thinnish wood (less weight) with a thin sheet of magnetic self adhesive “paper” stuck to it. Then another sheet of wood as “roof” with a handle screwed in. All 3 sheets of wood are connected on the 4 corners by wooden poles, so its kind of like a rack. Fits perfectly into one of those IKEA bags as dust cover btw.

Finally I glued magnets to all bases. Took me about a day but I’m kinda inexperienced as a... jesus this is the first time I really notice that English isn’t my first language haha I keep missing those special words dammit. I’m not experienced with tools is what I’m trying to say.

Anyway the cool thing about this self made case is that I left out the middle sheet on one half to be able to store taller vehicles like a RWJF. Can snap a pic if you like, my description is probably super confusing.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Fri Apr 06 2018, 14:55

Pictures would be great. Are you talking about a carpenter?
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Sat Apr 07 2018, 19:44

Uhm a carpenter yeah I think thats the word haha!

how to delete my instagram account
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Sat Apr 07 2018, 19:46

Yikes, that is a perfect example of why you should measure twice, cut once. Very Happy

It did sound just like a regular magnarack to me from the description. They make those now.

They make those now.

Can even get a hard plastic-sided bag for it to go in.
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Sat Apr 07 2018, 19:50

Mine is much prettier! In an orkish sort of way.

(Damn I could’ve just bought something like that? -.-)

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:10

Thanks for all the answers, I have discarded the option of magnets because just the idea of magnetised all the miniatures make me wanna die xD

I have been looking on the websites of feldherr and KR multicase, and i go to try with feldherr, they have very interesting stuff. I'm going to talk with my local wargame store and decide which could be the best option for my collection.

Thanks to everyone!
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   Mon Apr 09 2018, 09:28

Has anybody used KR multicase foams for Hellions and reavers? I can't tell from the website if they take the models with flight base attached as mine are all glued on and not magnetised. I could go for battlefoam but you know, kr is cheaper!

PostSubject: Re: How do you transport your army?   

Back to top Go down

How do you transport your army?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: