HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:50

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
@Hero: I definetly agree that in your list 8 man wych units aren't at all worth it, you're not unlocking extra special wych weapons so it's definitely a waste. My point was merely that I don't think I'd just write off 10 man wych squads in general as with 3 special weapons they seem to have a reasonable damage output. Plus I'm not sure what the average list you're facing is, but I'd think dissie cannons would be your prime way of dealing with marines, I want to at least try to use wyches for clearing out weaker hordes.

We'll see though what really works out though. It feels weird to be making such assessments before we've even been getting in games with the codex, but fortunetly the game testing begins tomorrow..

Speak for yourself mate.  I've had 5 games already.. Very Happy

Still on my list to try are my Eldar allies list and the Succubus Battalion list.  Also, we want to kill Marines, why would we want to do it up close?  If you think about it, I can just sit back and shoot all day to kill MEQ so why should I risk getting close where they're also very strong.

Yeah, that's the problem with Wyches or any CC for that matter.  You do it for style, nothing more.  The Succubus list is in no way as competitive as my pure Kabal list IMO.

I think I missed you on an earlier question you had:  Why Black Heart Kabal?  Because I absolutely love them so far.  Just in the last game I played, I must have saved 16 wounds worth on my vehicles by T3.  I really like it so far. I also want to mention that originally, I thought the 6" for Living Muse was going to be an issue.. so far so good. 36" weapon range gives you a good amount of spacing and safety where the times I felt threatened, I was able to bail out the Archon pretty easily. The 8" move with re-rolls to Advance cannot be underestimated for repositioning.

Last edited by HERO on Sat Apr 07 2018, 07:18; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Sat Apr 07 2018, 06:55

@Trueborn44 wrote:
So @Hero, I was somewhat inspired by your list and came up with something quite similar. It's a list that wants to hit early (preferably turn 1 before your opponent strikes back, if possible), killing off key targets and then using the cult of red grief Reavers to lock up key targets to prevent return fire.

Looks good man, try it out and let me know how those Reavers work out for you (tying things up).

Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Sat Apr 07 2018, 21:48

Extending threat range:

Quote :
2000 // 8 CP

Obsidian Rose Battalion +3 CP

HQ:
Archon, Agonizer, Blaster, PGL = 94

TROOP:
10x Warriors, 2x Blaster, Dark Lance = 114

+++

Black Heart Spearhead +1 CP

HQ:
Archon, Blaster, PGL = 92

TROOP:
7x Warriors, Blaster = 59

PARTY BUS:
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85

HEAVY:
Ravager, 3x Dinsintegrators = 125

+++

Black Heart Air Wing +1 CP

FLYER:
Razorwing, 2x Dinsintegrators = 135

>>>

Firepower:
15 Disintegrators at BS3+
9 Dark Lances at BS3+
9 Blasters at BS3+
3 Blasters at BS2+
3 Razorwing Missiles at BS3+
41 Splinter Rifles at BS3+

Increased range of 8 Blasters at BS3+ and BS2+ to 24", as well as most of my Poison shots. A shame I couldn't fit more into the Black Heart Spearhead. That odd Warrior unit out is really starting to bother me Very Happy

Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Sat Apr 07 2018, 23:13

I like this list a lot. I wonder if putting 2 of the obsidian rose kabalites into one unit of 20 would be worth it? You can save on a raider and grab something else. Like scourge with haywire or something? Just a thought.

This list is really close to what I am going to try out. Although I do really want some reavers for disruption.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Sun Apr 08 2018, 01:27

@colinsherlow wrote:
I like this list a lot. I wonder if putting 2 of the obsidian rose kabalites into one unit of 20 would be worth it? You can save on a raider and grab something else. Like scourge with haywire or something? Just a thought.

This list is really close to what I am going to try out. Although I do really want some reavers for disruption.

I think that can work, especially with WWP. Sure, go ahead and knock yourself out. Take whatever you want as a Skeleton list and then add some Reavers and let me know.

I've been dying to try some Reavers but I lent them out and never got it back Sad

Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Sun Apr 08 2018, 15:24

@HERO wrote:

Speak for yourself mate.  I've had 5 games already.. Very Happy

Still on my list to try are my Eldar allies list and the Succubus Battalion list.  Also, we want to kill Marines, why would we want to do it up close?  If you think about it, I can just sit back and shoot all day to kill MEQ so why should I risk getting close where they're also very strong.

Yeah, that's the problem with Wyches or any CC for that matter.  You do it for style, nothing more.  The Succubus list is in no way as competitive as my pure Kabal list IMO.

I think I missed you on an earlier question you had:  Why Black Heart Kabal?  Because I absolutely love them so far.  Just in the last game I played, I must have saved 16 wounds worth on my vehicles by T3.  I really like it so far.  I also want to mention that originally, I thought the 6" for Living Muse was going to be an issue.. so far so good.  36" weapon range gives you a good amount of spacing and safety where the times I felt threatened, I was able to bail out the Archon pretty easily.  The 8" move with re-rolls to Advance cannot be underestimated for repositioning.

Wish I could get that many games in, really only once a week is all I can do.

I'm sure there's a lot of good combinations you can make with Eldar allies, but I run pure DE myself. I mean yes technically shooting things is usually better than assaulting things. As you said, cc is really for style. I think it can be useful, it can be an effective way of tying things up, but if you wanted to do just a straight pts/damage analysis kabal heavy list with lots of ravagers is probably going to come out on top every time.

I could definetly see the fnp rolls for vehicles coming in handy. I'm just not sure I'd want that over say ignoring cover/rerolling 1s with rapid fire for my vehicles and their passengers. In my first game my opponent had a lot of fire warriors chilling in cover, and it was very handy to ignore that, plus the rerolls help splinter fire be just a little more effective. I can see living muse working out with 3 ravagers, that's not a ridiculous number to have huddled around your archon, I just think more than that would be a bit tough. I've rolled enough 1s with dark lances to wish I had reroll 1s to wound.

So yes I definetly think Black Heart isn't the pile of crap many of us thought it was originally, but I think I'd rather still stick with flayed skull especially because it fits my playstyle.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Sun Apr 08 2018, 18:16

I like this list a lot, in terms of composition as well. Only thing I'm not entirely sure about are those Dark Lances in Kabalite units. You sure you don't mind they'll be BS4+ a lot of the time? That's potential 80 pts. that could be spent on something more efficient.

Then again, the list seems so strong that you may probably afford that anyway.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Mon Apr 09 2018, 00:32

@SarisKhan wrote:
I like this list a lot, in terms of composition as well. Only thing I'm not entirely sure about are those Dark Lances in Kabalite units. You sure you don't mind they'll be BS4+ a lot of the time? That's potential 80 pts. that could be spent on something more efficient.

Then again, the list seems so strong that you may probably afford that anyway.

Just had a game today vs. Custodes.  Big win, but he's going to bring his Ad-Mech next time and it should be a much tougher game.  Man, those Shield-Captains on bikes are freaking insane!  So is that damn LR that hits on 2s near that banner with -1 to Hit.  Brutal..

As for the Dark Lances, frankly, I'm not sure.  I might switch all my Razorwings back into Dark Lances for a bit and see how that feels.  Otherwise, what else is there to spend it on?

Here's my next WIP list that is Obsidian Rose/Black Heart:

Quote :
1999 // 8 CP
Obsidian Rose Battalion +3 CP

HQ:
Archon, Blaster = 89
Archon, Blaster = 89

TROOP:
10x Warriors, 2x Blaster, SCannon = 104

+++

Black Heart Spearhead +1 CP

HQ:
Archon, Agonizer, Blaster = 91
Warlord: Cunning, Living Muse

TROOP:
7x Warriors, Blaster = 59

PARTY BUS:
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85

HEAVY:

+++

Black Heart Air Wing +1 CP

FLYER:
Razorwing, 2x Dark Lance = 145

>>>

Firepower:
13 Dark Lances at BS3+
9 Disintegrators at BS3+
9 Blasters at BS3+
3 Blasters at BS2+
2 Splinter Cannons at BS3+
41 Splinter Rifles at BS3+

Gonna try more Dark Lances and see what I can get.. armor is still pretty frequent in my meta.  I figure why not, maybe Razorwings are better holders for Dark Lances.  With S8, they don't need Living Muse as we much, and they will always fire at BS3+ instead of having to rely on the Warriors.  They're also painfully difficult to kill for the most part, shooting at -1 to Hit with 5++/6+++ is really annoying, so that means I can make sure those Dark Lances are always active.

Also, for 10 points, I'm starting to think Splinter Cannons might be worth it on Warriors.  For the price of 2 Dark Lances, I can buy 4 of these for my Warrior squads.  What this buys me (assuming Obsidian Rose) is 21" Rapid-fire, so at 24" where I'm ranging in those Blasters, I have 10 Poison shots vs. 7, at 21" I have 13 shots vs. 7, and at 15", I have 20 shots vs. 14 (if I didn't have SCs).

I think SCs in 10-man Warrior units actually do more wounds than having Splinter Racks.  Can someone confirm? @LordSplata

Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Mon Apr 09 2018, 02:51

That's a lot of blaster/dark lance firepower, but in a vehicle heavy meta I think you need around 20+ so you've definetly hit that mark. I agree that razorwings may be a better platform for dark lances than ravagers, while ravagers can handle the disintegrator cannons. I've found that my opponent's tend to focus on dark lance carrying vehicles first, so better to have the -1 to hit on the dark lance vehicles.

I'm curious to see how the splinter cannons do. I tried out one in my first game but didn't get much of a chance to use it, so I'm looking forward to hearing how they do in your games.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Mon Apr 09 2018, 04:25

Your newest list is my favorite of your lists so far.
I have a similar list that I posted in the army list section. Well the base of the list is similar anyways. I am really curious about reavers so am going to give them a shot.

I posted a rough draft list. Check it out if you feel like it.
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t17390-2k-competition-drukhari

Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Mon Apr 09 2018, 06:11

@colinsherlow wrote:
Your newest list is my favorite of your lists so far.
I have a similar list that I posted in the army list section. Well the base of the list is similar anyways. I am really curious about reavers so am going to give them a shot.

I posted a rough draft list. Check it out if you feel like it.
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t17390-2k-competition-drukhari

Checked out the list. I would like to see a bigger Reaver unit TBH, with 9+ with Blasters with Caltrops and Painbringer for the +1T. I think they're good, but you need numbers to apply pressure methinks.

Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Mon Apr 09 2018, 06:18

Say whaaaaat! Haha! A bigger reaver unit? My main unit is maxed at 12. Like add caltrops? I am on the fence about caltrops/talons

Or do you mean a second large unit?

Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Mon Apr 09 2018, 07:50

Grav talons are definitely better, guaranteed to work since you will charge with reavers, but may not fall back. Plus at only 3pts now they seem worth taking.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Mon Apr 09 2018, 08:11

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Grav talons are definitely better,  guaranteed to work since you will charge with reavers,  but may not fall back. Plus at only 3pts now they seem worth taking.

Sorry, that's what I mean, the ones that work on the charge. So yes to Grav Talons!

I think one single unit at 12 is enough with Painbringer Smile

Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Mon Apr 09 2018, 08:14

You will probably fall back with reavers because there is little reason not to do so, unless you're just tying down a shooting unit and don't want to deal with more overwatch.

That said, grav talons are still better because you get one D6 for each talon, as opposed to a single D6 total regardless of how many caltrops you have.

Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Fri Apr 13 2018, 08:29

LET'S GO MELEE TIME!

Quote :
1999 // 9 CP
Black Heart Battalion +3 CP

HQ:
Archon, Huskblade, Blaster = 93
Warlord: Hatred Eternal, Djin Blade

TROOP:
5x Warriors, Blaster = 47

PARTY BOATS:
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85

FLYER:

HEAVY:
Ravager, 3x Dinsintegrator = 125

+++

Strife Battalion +3 CP

HQ:
Succubus, Whip = 54
Trait: Blood Dancer

Succubus, Agonizer = 54

TROOP:
8x Wyches, Agonizer, Shardnet = 73
5x Wyches, Agonizer, Shardnet = 49

>>>

Firepower:
10 Dark Lances at BS3+
9 Disintegrators at BS3+
7 Blasters at BS3+
2 Blasters at BS2+
2 Razorwing Missiles at BS3+
3 Splinter Cannons at BS3+
30 Splinter Rifles at BS3+

8x Wyches have the Whip and Hatred Eternal Archon in a Raider.
2x5 Wyches in a single Raider.
5x Warrior squad has the other Succubus and Archon in Raider.
3x10 in Raiders.

FEELIN' FUNSIES. I still stand by what I said previously - Wych Cults might be the best Battalion battery while still being somewhat useful.

Another option here would be to drop a Razorwing and take 5x Wracks and a Prophet Patrol for -1, but +D3 CPs from the roll. Wracks can be in the backfield holding down a point while the Haemonculus can go hang out with the Archon and Succubus.

Personally, I like this one better.

Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Fri Apr 13 2018, 17:23

You asked about splinter cannons upgrades to 10man squads. I calculated unsaved wounds/point for various places to spend the last odd points in my list and found SC upgrades on kabs to be one of the best optional upgrades.

My preferred upgrades:
-Splinter cannon upgrade on 10man kab is one of the most efficient available for wounds/pt
-PGL for the leadership debuff and grenade stratagems

Other observations:
-I was surprised that Medusae damage didn't calculate out higher. I guess they have 3 wounds so thats something.
-Shredders are a really good deal for anti infantry.
-Splinter racks are a poor upgrade.

Here are my calculations of the value of upgrades at the wounds per point stage:

SC on kab (18") .167
SC on kab (12") .155
SC on kab (24") .067
additional kab (12") .133
S rack with 7 rifles .078
S rack with 10 rifes .111
SC on Venom (18") .133
SC on Venom (12") .066
DL on 10man kab .057 (at -4AP)(moving wounding 2+)

Other options considered:
PGL .074 (plus leadership debuff)
Shredder .149 (at AP-1) (assuming str4 infantry)
Shredder .164 (at AP-1) (assuming str3 infantry)
additional Medusae .06 (at AP-2)
Blaster .085 (at AP-4)

Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Tue Apr 17 2018, 19:17

All lists have been updated after the BIG FAQ:

Quote :
Kabal of the Black Rose
1999 // 10 CP

Obsidian Rose Bat +5 CP

HQ:

TROOP:
10x Warriors, 2x Blaster, SC = 104

+++

Black Heart Spear +1 CP

HQ:
Warlord: Cunning, Living Muse

TROOP:
7x Warriors, Blaster, BP = 69

PARTY BUS:
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85

HEAVY:
Ravager, 3x Dissies = 125

+++

Black Heart Wing +1 CP

FLYER:

>>>
Firepower:
11 Dark Lances at BS3+
9 Dissies at BS3+
9 Blasters at BS3+
3 Blasters at BS2+
4 Splinter Cannons at BS3+
40 Splinter Rifles at BS3+

This my pure DE Kabal list combining the range power that is Obsidian Rose with the resilience of Black Heart.  I call this my Kabal of the Black Rose and it has been undefeated since the Codex came out.  A lot of firepower, a lot of pain.

Quote :
Alaitoc Black Spear
2000 // 10 CP

Alaitoc Bat +5 CP

HQ:
Farseer Skyrunner = 135
Doom, Mind War

Warlock
Quicken/Restrain = 55

TROOP:
5x Rangers = 60
5x Rangers = 60
5x Rangers = 60

+++

Alaitoc Wing +1 CP

FLYER:
Hemlock Wraithfighter = 210
Jinx

Hemlock Wraithfighter = 210
Jinx

Crimson Hunter Exarch, 2x Bright Lance = 175

+++

Black Heart Spear +1 CP

HQ:
Cunning, Living Muse

TROOP:
10x Warriors, 2x Blasters, SC = 104
Raider, Dark Lance = 85

Raider, Dark Lance = 85

Raider, Dark Lance = 85

HEAVY:

>>>

Firepower:
9 Disintegrators at BS3+
3 Dark Lances at BS3+
2 Bright Lances at BS2+
1 Pulse Laser at BS2+
6 Blasters at BS3+
1 Blaster at BS2+
4 Heavy D-Sycthes at Auto
21 Splinter Rifles at BS3+
15 Ranger Long Rifle at BS3+

This is my current DE + CW list and I think it's actually pretty decent.  I used it once so far and the combination of Doom/Jinx with DE firepower is just insane.  With the loss of so many lances, having the Crimson Hunter in the army actually helps a lot.

Quote :
Black Skull Strife
2000 // 14 CP

Flayed Skull Bat +5 CP

HQ:

PARTY BOATS:
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85
Raider, Dark Lance = 85

TROOP:

+++

Black Heart Spear +1 CP

HQ:
Warlord: Hatred Eternal, Djin Blade

FLYER:

HEAVY:

+++

Strife Bat +5 CP

HQ:
Succubus, Agonizer = 54
Blood Dancer, Whip

Succubus, Agonizer = 54

TROOP:
8x Wyches, Agonizer, Shardnet, BP = 83
8x Wyches, Agonizer, Shardnet, BP = 83

>>>

Firepower:
9 Disintegrators at BS3+
9 Dark Lances at BS3+
6 Blasters at BS3+
3 Blasters at BS2+
2 Razorwing Missiles at BS3+
25 Splinter Rifles at BS3+

This is my close-combat list with double Bats and a Black Heart Spear.  This list gives me some great killy units with my Blood Dancer Succubus and Hatred Eternal Archon.  I can also choose to go with more re-rolls with Living Muse and Cunning, but I think I'm going to use this for now because I want to be able to play CC armies occasionally.  I still stand by what I said before in previous posts:  Cults are our best CP battery (especially now with the Bat CP buffs).  Gotta go fast!

Back to top Go down
Martyr
Slave

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Tue Apr 17 2018, 21:19

Hey, what do you think about Venoms? Are they not worth it?

and whats about some Court Units?
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Tue Apr 17 2018, 21:27

@Martyr wrote:
Hey, what do you think about Venoms? Are they not worth it?

and whats about some Court Units?

Venoms are still good, especially with the points drop. No impressions on the Court units so far because I don't own any.

I can totally see Venoms being worthwhile though.

Back to top Go down
Martyr
Slave

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Tue Apr 17 2018, 22:29

@HERO wrote:

Venoms are still good, especially with the points drop.  No impressions on the Court units so far because I don't own any.

I can totally see Venoms being worthwhile though.

yeah, i´m playing around some lists with mass Venoms. But there are still the 2 Archos / Succubi etc which are alone in the Venom Very Happy and i dont wanna put all HQ´s together in a Venom. That´s why i ask about the Court units.

So we can put 1 Archon, 1 Succubus and 3 Court in a Venom.

The question is: can i take a deticated transport for each single Court-Unit? that would be an easy way to get a billion Venoms Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Tue Apr 17 2018, 22:39

Can you explain the logic behind the 7 kab unit under black heart rather than the rose detachment? Is it because they are with three melee HQ's and you want the advanced round PFP rules rather than the re-roll for hits from the rose archons? I assume they will be hanging out the rose archons rather than the black heart archon babysitting the ravagers in the back.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Tue Apr 17 2018, 22:47

I'd say Venom Spam is very, very much alive.

Check this out,

Flayed Skull Battalion - 1004 Points
Archon - Huskblade: 76 Points
Archon - Huskblade: 76 Points

Lhamean: 15 Points

Kabalite Warriors - Blaster: 47 Points

Venom - Twin Splinter Cannon - 75 Points

I put Splinter Cannons on because I feel like the extra range is a worthwhile investment and because it brings us to a nice even investment of 1000 points.

For that you get 7 Blasters, a Lhamean party Sedan and, at 12", 132 shots of ignores cover poison with rerolls per turn (About 52 wounds against any target per turn.) That's not altogether amazing, however, each of the boats moves 19" a turn, have a hit modifier on them, don't degrade, and have an invuln.

Best of all, you still have a full half your points to mess around with, and you still have enough slots for a Black Heart Spearhead.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Tue Apr 17 2018, 23:06

@DingWop wrote:
Can you explain the logic behind the 7 kab unit under black heart rather than the rose detachment?  Is it because they are with three melee HQ's and you want the advanced round PFP rules rather than the re-roll for hits from the rose archons?  I assume they will be hanging out the rose archons rather than the black heart archon babysitting the ravagers in the back.  

I believe he wants to unlock another Black Heart Raider.
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   Tue Apr 17 2018, 23:10

I see. Thanks Melkor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory   

Back to top Go down

HERO's Kabal WIP List Factory
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum